Rebel training T3

Replies

• I started off with the training they gave (get all the buffs going), then just kept leia stealthed, stun/tm removal vader/thrawn/palp, and the only issue I had was having to only do one tier per day. (waiting on tier two of resistance now)

Maybe I was victim of RNG, but every time I tried to follow the Rebel method, I got destroyed.
  • These events really are about knowing the toons and their kits.

I struggled at times with Rebels, since I don't use any of those regularly.

Empire was a breeze, since I use them frequently.

First Order was a bit challenging, since I'm not familiar with most of them.

Well, respectfully - the Rebel challenge was by far harder than any of the others. Definitely.

• In the training video they show you how to use the defensive capabilities of the rebels . . . only use them if the Empire's characters are about to fill up their turn meter.

• Well, respectfully - the Rebel challenge was by far harder than any of the others. Definitely.

I had a lot of difficulty with it, until I stopped and understood their abilities and the way they wanted to work together. After that, it only took a few tries. Maybe I had better RNG, but I don't think it was overly complicated if you understood the path the devs intended you to take (stun/TMR, not pure firepower).

Was it a lot harder than the others? I don't know, since like I said the Empire was a cakewalk (for me knowing how that team works) and even with FO I knew to look to their kits before going in blindly.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    This event was pretty much the perfect introduction to the unforgiving 6th squadmate known as RNG.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    You can use the same strategy over and over again and get to different places. Absolutely RNG dependent. I’m sure I’ll get there eventually but it’s terrible how a challenge is made to be dependent upon RNG. If OB doesn’t ability block everyone when he uses his skill then you are at an instant disadvantage. If R2 attacks and doesn’t stun game over. There is a lot of skill but to say RNG is not overwhelmingly important is ****.
  • I started off with the training they gave (get all the buffs going), then just kept leia stealthed, stun/tm removal vader/thrawn/palp, and the only issue I had was having to only do one tier per day. (waiting on tier two of resistance now)

Maybe I was victim of RNG, but every time I tried to follow the Rebel method, I got destroyed.

I would stun vader to avoid all the debuffs, then keep palp in check, I didn't really worry about Thrawn that much, I just wanted to avoid vader's AOE and saber throw, and palps AOE stun (It's also been about a week now, so the details could be a little fuzzy)
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Was it a lot harder than the others?

I definitely think so.

I cleared every other event I did, first time, without even thinking and ending up with three stars. And I've used all of those squads before - Rebel, Empire, FO.

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I'm new to this and I know many people don't want to help someone whose a newbie, but can someone please help me with the explaining all the abbreviations that everyone is using on the topic? Some I do know or at least I think I know but it's confusing to me when reading your comments with all these abbreviations and not knowing what they mean.

EP, RNG, CLS, FO, AOE, ST, OB, R2, TM, TFP, OP, GG, CG, TMR, DPS, DMG, TBH.

Just to name a few.....
  • I looked it up and found out you need to continually stun Thrawn, Vader and Palp... Even though I looked it up I still had a sense of achievement when I finished...
    This is the Way
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    These events really are about knowing the toons and their kits.

I struggled at times with Rebels, since I don't use any of those regularly.

Empire was a breeze, since I use them frequently.

First Order was a bit challenging, since I'm not familiar with most of them.

Well, respectfully - the Rebel challenge was by far harder than any of the others. Definitely.

I’ve found the First Order t3 the most challenging so far. But I used Rebels in Arena for a long time (and still use Han and R2) and after switching was still using R2, CLS and Han in my JTR team and was holding in against the Empire meta. So the “tactics” for the Rebel fight were nothing new to me. Target priority, TM reduction and stuns have been vitally important to my Arena survival for a long time.

Empire and Resistance challenges have been super easy though.
  • I'm new to this and I know many people don't want to help someone whose a newbie, but can someone please help me with the explaining all the abbreviations that everyone is using on the topic? Some I do know or at least I think I know but it's confusing to me when reading your comments with all these abbreviations and not knowing what they mean.

EP, RNG, CLS, FO, AOE, ST, OB, R2, TM, TFP, OP, GG, CG, TMR, DPS, DMG, TBH.

Just to name a few.....

EP: Emperor Palpatine
    RNG: Random Number Generator (aka luck)
    CLS: Commander Luke Skywalker
    FO: First Order
    AOE: Area of Effect, an attack that hits multiple targets
    ST: StormTrooper
    OB: Obi Wan Kenobi
    R2: R2D2
    TM: Turn Meter
    TFP: Tie Fighter Pilot
    OP: Over Powered (I think in this context)
    GG: not sure here but typicall Good Game
    CG: Capitol Games, the developers
    TMR: Turn Meter Reduction
    DPS: Damage Per Second. Often used to just refer to a character type meant to do high damage
    DMG: damage
    TBH: To be honest
  • Just some advice for First Order spam kylo lash out
  • I'm new to this and I know many people don't want to help someone whose a newbie...

Really? This board is jam-packed full of really kind and knowledgeable people who are so happy to help other players.

• Kristian
    23 posts Member
    Tier 3 was super hard but as soon as I figured out the right order, I got it super quickly. What I did was use Han to quick draw Thrawn stunning him, then just beating him down while also using R2 to stun the Emperor or using Old Ben to ability block him. Then after Thrawn dies, I hit the Emperor with everything making sure he can’t stun or shock anyone. And of course keep taunting with Old Ben to lose him quick to get all the buffs to sweep everyone else. I ended with one star with Han, and Ben gone. Simple enough.
  • I cant switch targets between the enemy characters. I try to click on them and it will only target the storm troopers no matter what i do. I am using an iphone 8
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    APar2008 wrote: »
    I cant switch targets between the enemy characters. I try to click on them and it will only target the storm troopers no matter what i do. I am using an iphone 8

The Stormtroopers are taunting. Use Luke's buff immunity attack on them, or ability block from Old Ben, then they can't taunt.
  • So I did that and it didnt work
  • APar2008 wrote: »
    So I did that and it didnt work

Well in this event everyone is using the exact same toons (game supplied, not player supplied - so no mod/gear/ability difference), and people are beating it. So it's clearly not impossible.

I struggled with it too, until I figured out (like others have said) that it's less about brute force and more about careful stun/tm manipulation.

If you're still struggling with the advice above, I recommend taking a second, carefully reading each character's abilites, and then figuring out your battle plan. There's no time limit, so take a second and think out each move.

Mashing your strongest attacks randomly will just get you killed.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    APar2008 wrote: »
    So I did that and it didnt work

You have to ability block them or put buff immunity before they taunt. Those debuffs can also drop off, so if you can't reapply, you need to stun them. If they are already taunting, you have to remove it with Luke, but he can only do one at a time. You can ignore the other taunt on Luke's turn if he has his special buff, but the others will have to target the taunt.
  • This is the worst thing that was ever done to this game... Stick can't complete it to save my life and isn't worth my effing time
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    This is the worst thing that was ever done to this game... Stick can't complete it to save my life and isn't worth my effing time

If you are hitting the same enemy every attack, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Really, its simple. Read Han's basic ability. Read Lukes Basic ability.

Then read them again.

Then use them.

Its actually a very good tutorial. It teaches you how to use Rebels to control the enemy instead of just nuke. I died 2x when I tried to pure DPS it. 3rd time I decided to use only Leia to kill. Eveyone else should be used to reduce turn meter, stun, or buff block. THIS MEANS DO NOT KEEP HITTING THE SAME GUY with anyone but Leia. EP, Thrawn and Vader will never move once if you do it properly.

Basic abilities are not just about damage or they would not have a description. They have descriptions because the have a secondary effect. You have to read and use them.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    I will sound like a **** and probably upset people but it was easy. Did it 2nd try. Could've done it first but I refused to sacrifice Ben.

You have to sacrifice Ben. Thrawn needs to die first. Everyone else fell like dominoes.

I know you are fighting meta but you are given a very high level team with legendary characters.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    You do not have to have anyone die. My first attempt was a gong show because I just went in thinking it would be like Tier 1 and 2. Ended up with everyone dead for me and only one Trooper for them.

Re-read everyone's kit and nailed it on second attempt.

Everyone alive. Everyone at full health.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    This is a **** tier ... fix this ****.

This is a very frustrating event. It shouldn't be a chore. FIX THIS. Buff the **** rebel team, don't make it so friggin RNG dependant.

There's very little RNG involved if you use the right tactics. Read this thread, it contains lots of sensible strategy advice.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @NoomiZ
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You do not have to have anyone die. My first attempt was a gong show because I just went in thinking it would be like Tier 1 and 2. Ended up with everyone dead for me and only one Trooper for them.

Re-read everyone's kit and nailed it on second attempt.

Everyone alive. Everyone at full health.

Everything you need to beat this event is contained in this thread, including kill/target order, stun/TMR, what abilities NOT to use and what abilities to use.
  • I was having issues with this challenge and the info here helped a great deal, thanks!

I finally got a bit lucky when the ST taunts were spaced out instead of both in the same turn. I could debuff one ST with CLS and mind trick with OB before the other had his turn.

You're off to a bad start if Han's opening shot doesn't stun. Keep thrawn and palp stunned and go after vader first with attacks that can stun.

I was left with everyone alive and healthy and one lonely storm trooper crapping his pants.

The TFP got knocked out because for some reason the whole team was on him with counter attacks like hobo on hot dog.
  • Stun and ability block the bosses and burn down the troopers. They're going to get taunt off (with the corresponding defense buff), so you may as well start on them first.
This discussion has been closed.