Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
51 posts Member
edited July 2018
DELETE ME
Post edited by Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd on

Replies

• RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Ghost is supposed to be a guaranteed critical hit when stealthed, but that rarely worked, either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Only Vader and bistan special are guaranteed to produce a TL.

It's always a 3 step process, with some skills that can avoid and combination of them.

Does it hit?
    Does it produce the effect?
    Is it resisted?
  • Kyno wrote: »

It's always a 3 step process, with some skills that can avoid and combination of them.

Does it hit?
    Is it resisted?

Just finished my 4th engagement.
    My fleet :
    Biggs X-wing (7*, Hit the Mark 6, biggs 7* g8)
    Imperial Tie Fighter (7*, L-s1 lvl6, TFP 7* g8)
    FO Tie fighter (7*, Target aquired 6, FOTFP 7* g8)

in all the 4 encounters, 0 (zero) target locks achieved!

Please explain!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Does it hit?
    Is it resisted?

My fleet :

Please explain!

Look at the 3 steps, each hit answered at least one of those 3 questions with a no, (or a yes for the last one)

• Yeah - seems TFP and his 70% is an actual like 35%, even when hitting Vader with his 15% tenacity. I think it's a big part of why people are running Vader - a guaranteed TL. Of course he's turtle speed, so you have to hope he lives long enough to get a turn. I'm running TFP and FOTP with Biggs. I figure I'll either get a TL or do some real damage, and 2 of the 3 are pretty fast. Then with reinforcement you can bring Vader in if you still don't have TL and get TL AND AoE DoTs.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno wrote: »

Does it hit?
    Is it resisted?

My fleet :

Please explain!

Look at the 3 steps, each hit answered at least one of those 3 questions with a no, (or a yes for the last one)

so...i got at least 10 shots per encounter...that`s 40 shots with no target lock...and you are still claiming that it`s WAI? (btw...the opponent got at lease 1/2 target locks with biggs!)

then please remove the odds stated and replace them with "if you pray hard, maybe"
  • Yeah - seems TFP and his 70% is an actual like 35%, even when hitting Vader with his 15% tenacity. I think it's a big part of why people are running Vader - a guaranteed TL. Of course he's turtle speed, so you have to hope he lives long enough to get a turn. I'm running TFP and FOTP with Biggs. I figure I'll either get a TL or do some real damage, and 2 of the 3 are pretty fast. Then with reinforcement you can bring Vader in if you still don't have TL and get TL AND AoE DoTs.

by the time i reinforce with DV, i lose 1 ship with another on yellow...and the opponent has 4 ships.....
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Vaders ship is supposed to also put DOT's on when called in for reinforcement which states it is unresistable.

Has yet to apply even a single DOT in a match.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ryche wrote: »
    Vaders ship is supposed to also put DOT's on when called in for reinforcement which states it is unresistable.

Evaded and resisted are 2 different things.

They can be resisted but not evaded. Seems like an odd wording since it doesnt seem to be an attack but it may be in how the abilities are programmed.
  • I think, what most are saying, is it is hard to give this new ship system a chance when the rng is as bad or worse than before.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Ryche wrote: »

Evaded and resisted are 2 different things.

They can be resisted but not evaded. Seems like an odd wording since it doesnt seem to be an attack but it may be in how the abilities are programmed.

It's not an attack to be evaded, it's applying an effect! A bug maybe?

Thermal detonators prove that effect application can be evaded or resisted
  • I think, what most are saying, is it is hard to give this new ship system a chance when the rng is as bad or worse than before.

This is likely the root of the problem.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ghost is immune to target lock if the phantom is present, y'all trying to target lock the ghost?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • They need to remove target lock or fix it. The RNG for it landing is complete ****
  • But ... it seems to be great on defense! Freakin opponents land every target lock, evade constantly, always call backup, when mine never does any of the above. RNG can’t be the cause 100% of the time. The irony of this new fleet battle is the devs actuall called it, and I quote “a better experience”.
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    But ... it seems to be great on defense! Freakin opponents land every target lock, evade constantly, always call backup, when mine never does any of the above. RNG can’t be the cause 100% of the time. The irony of this new fleet battle is the devs actuall called it, and I quote “a better experience”.

Exactly
  • I'm starting to think that their formula for the target lock/evading percentages is: the defending squad has 100% chance, the attackers have 0% chance...thus, everyone has 50% chance!

Or they are lying...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Does it hit?
    Is it resisted?

Translation - if you don't use Vader and Bistan, it's all RNG.

Incidentally, that is precisely why I use Vader, Bistan and Biggs as my starting three. And it STILL has far more RNG than pre-update fleet.

It's not necessarily "broken" - just horribly reliant on RNG in far too many other ways for any kind of consistent strategies or tactics.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Incidentally, that is precisely why I use Vader, Bistan and Biggs as my starting three. And it STILL has far more RNG than pre-update fleet.

It's not necessarily "broken" - just horribly reliant on RNG in far too many other ways for any kind of consistent strategies or tactics.

Yeah, TL is RNG aside from a few situations (vader, bistan being among them).

I've pondered a Clone Sarge approach to tanking. It's automatic on reinforcement. It can't be dispelled or blocked. As long as Sarge has prot, he has taunt. If he loses all his prot it goes, but if he regains prot it returns. Buff block doesn't stop it. Run him with Ackbar and an assist heavy team (JC, Ghost) and he's got permataunt.

So why rely on TL RNG? It's what people have. It's what people know.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yeah, TL is RNG aside from a few situations (vader, bistan being among them).

I've pondered a Clone Sarge approach to tanking. It's automatic on reinforcement. It can't be dispelled or blocked. As long as Sarge has prot, he has taunt. If he loses all his prot it goes, but if he regains prot it returns. Buff block doesn't stop it. Run him with Ackbar and an assist heavy team (JC, Ghost) and he's got permataunt.

So why rely on TL RNG? It's what people have. It's what people know.

sarge's taunt can be blocked by buff immu.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm even playing the same game as the OP and BitterDevil. My own experience is far from what they describe.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm even playing the same game as the OP and BitterDevil. My own experience is far from what they describe.

We can only speak from our own experience. Ever since the 2.0, there is no more strategy. If I lose DV b4 he can take a shot,, it's game over, because i can't get a TL, but at the same time, the opponent gets TL with biggs 80% of the time.
  • Strategy - pay whatever is necessary to ensure you have a faster capital ship, because in the end, you need one to win on offense. Truly pathetic, fleet arena has become.
  • leef wrote: »

sarge's taunt can be blocked by buff immu.

Interesting, I hit sarge with wedge's reinforcement ability, and he still got taunt back with buff block on.

Besides - gauntlet is the only ship in the game currently that can apply buff block, aside from wedge's reinforcement ability.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Besides - gauntlet is the only ship in the game currently that can apply buff block, aside from wedge's reinforcement ability.

ITF's special on a target locked target?
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Waqui wrote: »

ITF's special on a target locked target?

You're right. Not sure how I missed that. And a lot more people run TFP than Gauntlet haha.