Why is Tie Advanced so bad?

caldera
109 posts Member
Just wondering. Ships 2.0 seems not to have changed anything.

With Anakin's legendary skill as a pilot, and Darth Vader's centrality to the series, along with Tie Advanced's menacing presence in Ep IV, Rebels, and others... why does it suck so bad in SWGOH?

Even after giving all my freebie mats to it and upgrading it, the thing holds up like a balsa wood plane in combat.

Shouldn't it be a viable ship in the Fleet Arena?

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• It’s viable now with the new format. Lot of Tie Advanced in top fleets now.
  • Tie Advanced is one of the best ships available, specially now. Maybe your darth vader isn't up to snuff
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    My Vader is fully upgraded.

So what, in your guys' view, has changed now that vaulted Tie Advanced to the top of the rankings? So far it doesn't seem to be performing differently. Does making it viable in arena require completing all the new upgrades first?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    so bad? Its literally one of the best ships, never misses, 100% Target locks, I do think that the 2nd ability of his is bugged atm cause it was not giving me TM per debuff. but otherwise, just for his basic, he's incredible.
  • Lol, it's basic hits quite hard and it can't be evaded
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    caldera wrote: »

So what, in your guys' view, has changed now that vaulted Tie Advanced to the top of the rankings? So far it doesn't seem to be performing differently. Does making it viable in arena require completing all the new upgrades first?

It's a guaranteed target lock which hits through foresight and cannot be dodged. On top of that thete's also the dispel/block.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Its offensive capability is one of the best available, with 100% hit and target lock on basic. It only makes sense for it to have somewhat lower defense, although I wouldn't say it's that bad either.
  • Reinforcement ability is also one of the better ones. Unresistable dots for alllll
  • caldera wrote: »

It's ALWAYS been one of the best ships. Now it's had a small offence boost, a small health/protection boost and its special has been improved. Where have you been for the past year? I thought literally everyone has been using tie advanced in their opening lineup forever
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    If CG does anything to this ship, blame this thread
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tie Advanced is one of the best ships available, specially now. Maybe your darth vader isn't up to snuff

This.

Also add the 30% damage, he hits great.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It’s viable now with the new format. Lot of Tie Advanced in top fleets now.

Viable now with the new format? What?

It was the meta with the old format. Chim/TF/FOTF/Reaper/Vader. And sure still seems near the top now. Time will tell, but your statement reads like it was not viable before the rework, which is plainly not true.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    All the sheep under the sun run Chimera, biggs, Tie Advanced, Tie Fighter or FOTF. It’s not a bad ship but isn’t in my personal starting three. I run to the beat of a different drum and pick apart those fleets.