How many women are here? (Anonymous poll)

Prev134
Ouchie
1233 posts Member
edited February 2016
Anonymous poll just to see how many ladies are playing. I'm a woman myself and am just curious. Please be honest!

How many women are here? (Anonymous poll) 280 votes

I am a female
11% 32 votes
I am a male
82% 230 votes
I am not defined by a duality of gender
6% 18 votes

Replies

• Apparently %75 of gamers nowadays are women.
  • Why would you need an anonymous poll. Are some people asshamed of their gender? I'm a male btw
  • Yeah but it doesn't count if they are playing silly girly games (I can say that because I'm a girl)

Lol
  • I've noticed a lot of girl usernames in SA and friend requests. As mentioned there are more girls into mobile games nowadays than ever
  • I am afraid to look as I might sexually harass myself. :|
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Why would you need an anonymous poll. Are some people asshamed of their gender? I'm a male btw

Women may want to remain silently women online, otherwise they get hounded by guys who think all girl gamers are single and look like this:

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg
  • I assume this poll is to establish base before slave Lea release!
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    Yeah but it doesn't count if they are playing silly girly games

@Ouchie
    From what I read it was talking about mmorpg, shooting, basically all online multiplayer games. I'm not sure what you would call a popular "girly" game anyways. Even games like maple story have hardcore male players.
  • Point taken! I feel bad for half of the world feeling umcomfortable because of who they are :/ it's our mistake i believe..
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Yeah but it doesn't count if they are playing silly girly games

@Ouchie
    From what I read it was talking about mmorpg, shooting, basically all online multiplayer games. I'm not sure what you would call a popular "girly" game anyways. Even games like maple story have hardcore male players.

Girly games: Shop Heroes, Happy Mall Story, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Hahahaha
  • I don't believe genders exist.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Hahahaha

O.k. That made me laugh, thanks!

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Why would you need an anonymous poll. Are some people asshamed of their gender? I'm a male btw

Women may want to remain silently women online, otherwise they get hounded by guys who think all girl gamers are single and look like this:

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg

^^^valid^^^
  • Abyss wrote: »

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg

^^^valid^^^

They aren't? I thought they all split time between gaming and posting on/r/gonewild
  • Here's a short blurb on mobile gaming demographics: http://www.realitymine.com/myth-busting-mobile-gaming-demographics/

There may be more women playing (not entirely sure about this particular game), but even then I kind of imagine less women hang out on game forums.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    KairiRhien wrote: »
    Here's a short blurb on mobile gaming demographics: http://www.realitymine.com/myth-busting-mobile-gaming-demographics/

There may be more women playing (not entirely sure about this particular game), but even then I kind of imagine less women hang out on game forums.

Good point!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg

She's not a gamer, she got a xbox with kinect and uses it for yoga and zumba
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg

Oh thats definatly a gamer.....
    I would play that game with her
    Muahahahahahaha
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg

Oh thats definatly a gamer.....
    I would play that game with her
    Muahahahahahaha

One thing is what you think will happen, another is reality, you will act just like we guys usually do, and she will get you jumping around like another chimp, and then try to be your friend, now you have to really work hard on being anything other than her zumba friend
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I was just reminded of this scene..."Are there any women here today?"
    http://youtu.be/ffwFXGPRDu4
  • Link didn't seem to work ouchie, but I'm guessing it was Simpsons
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I edited it...refresh and try again maybe?
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    And no, much better than Simpsons!
  • Hahahaha Monty Python sfthg hahahaha

Women may want to remain silently women online, otherwise they get hounded by guys who think all girl gamers are single, gagging for it and look like this:

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg
    Fixed
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Monkeyman
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Also, this poll is unfair to trrannies.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    It isn't, I included a third option!
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Monkeyman wrote: »

Women may want to remain silently women online, otherwise they get hounded by guys who think all girl gamers are single, gagging for it and look like this:

I-game-sexy-girl-8.jpg
    Fixed

Truth, sadly!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    In skeptical of any result here due to this simple fact:

- the Internet is where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.