Why remove gal. War battles from guild activities?

Title says the most. One of two activities where people could excel simply by planning ahead and you removed it in favor of one that will cost crystals on energy refreshes? (Aware that question probably answers the first.. Just wondering if anyone will admit it)

We're a smaller guild and sorry of relied on that activity to boost our guild token incomes.

Replies

• i'm thinking when the pve ship table comes out, its energy will replace challenges as a guild activity too.
  • Possum
    28 posts Member
    There are plenty of things that NEED fixing. I wish they’d stop messing with things that work fine as they are.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't have to remember not to sim GW on Monday now. Seems like a win to me.

But the complaints, like a river, must ever march on.

Hmm, may have mixed a metaphor there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Would not surprise me in the least if they remove challenges. Would tend to annoy me though.
  • If I had to guess, I would say the reasoning has something to do with either the new content coming, or the 24 people in a guild who all get "36". This way people who do more will stand out more, and gain more rather than just having a whole guild following the routine of "save my GW, spam my GW, get 36"
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Aethrwolf
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If I had to guess, I would say the reasoning has something to do with either the new content coming, or the 24 people in a guild who all get "36". This way people who do more will stand out more, and gain more rather than just having a whole guild following the routine of "save my GW, spam my GW, get 36"

I'm sure something like that will be official reasoning but i honestly think at this point it's about the crystals.

Honestly. We've only had one person post 36.. Once. Usually our average is about 20 each.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I laughed when I read the update.

It's simple. Too many people are now simming GW and getting a lot of currency. This is EA's way of saying: "Scr3w you all, we want you to spend more money on refreshes on Tuesdays!"

Been playing this game since day one and have spent some money, but mostly F2P. This past month has seriously made me wonder if I should keep going. Started playing Marvel Strike Force when the Bounty Hunter "update" dropped. I don't have any frustration when I play that game.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    If I had to guess, I would say the reasoning has something to do with either the new content coming, or the 24 people in a guild who all get "36". This way people who do more will stand out more, and gain more rather than just having a whole guild following the routine of "save my GW, spam my GW, get 36"

I'm sure something like that will be official reasoning but i honestly think at this point it's about the crystals.

Honestly. We've only had one person post 36.. Once. Usually our average is about 20 each.

If you weren't getting max rewards then you actually benefit most from this. Your competition would have just pulled farther and farther ahead.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    But the complaints, like a river, must ever march on.

Hmm, may have mixed a metaphor there.
    I'm sure in the Empire's all superweapon based economy, at some point, Sheev funded a marching river to try and drown puppies or something.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jayngo wrote: »
    I laughed when I read the update.

It's simple. Too many people are now simming GW and getting a lot of currency. This is EA's way of saying: "Scr3w you all, we want you to spend more money on refreshes on Tuesdays!"

The people who are now simming GW were completing it before simming was a thing anyway, but that's a nice theory you've got going there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Can't see any valid reason for doing this, other than removing one of the Guild Activities that people could max for free.
    Cantina - crystals to max.
    LS & DS battles - crystals to max.
    PvP - crystals to max.
    Hard Node - crystals to max.

GW - free to max. Gone, replaced with crystals to max.
    Challenges - free to max.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    i'm thinking when the pve ship table comes out, its energy will replace challenges as a guild activity too.

this is possible.

they also spoke about changes to GW in one of the interviews. they made it sound like it may turn into something like a practice area. this could be the first steps towards that change.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    i'm thinking when the pve ship table comes out, its energy will replace challenges as a guild activity too.

this is possible.

they also spoke about changes to GW in one of the interviews. they made it sound like it may turn into something like a practice area. this could be the first steps towards that change.

Ugh. Sounds like they plan to ruin the thing i like most in the game.

If they want a practice area. So something like a guild wars where every member can set a squad and you can choose and practice against them.