Ships 2.0 and the Ackbar 6star challenge

jejuzang
710 posts Member
With this new format for ship battles are there any new strategies for beating this challenge? I know there isn't much experience for this being the first opportunity for the challenge but all advice is welcome, and hopefully players can return here for their issues with this event.

Here's my swgoh.gg let me know if there it's something i need to do to win. Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/jejuzang/

Replies

• Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    Here's how I beat it. I started with Biggs, Wedge, and Jedi Consular. Then I had the Falcon, Ghost and Phantom in the reinforcements to come in. It took quite a few tries, but RNG is how it goes.

First thing is, if you lose one of your ships on their first volley (because even if your ships are 500 speed, the AI will go first), back out and start again. You want all three to survive it, then go from there. Focus on one ship (JC is a good start) and take it out. You need ships that will survive and/or protect others so they can survive. Ghost comes in to stealth another ship in danger, along with doing AoE damage and throwing up debuffs. With JC's ship in there, you can add protection and more protection to other ships thru his two specials. Umbaran comes in and removes turn meter from the enemy ships and then can become another tank for you.

It took me more than a few tries to get it going in my favor. The RNG favored me so much when I won that I ended up 3 starring it finally. Before that I had 3-5 where it came down to 1 ship v 1 ship and I lost. Your ships look like they can do the job, so don't get discouraged. It takes pretty much everyone a bunch of tries to do it. This Home One challenge is the toughest event there is because of the "trickery" of Mace's capital ship and the 4+ reinforcements he brings in depending on the RNG. (Yes, 4 or more reinforcements because the AI cheats.) And you're facing a 7-star Endurance for a 6th star.

Good luck!
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Here's how I beat it. I started with Biggs, Wedge, and Jedi Consular. Then I had the Falcon, Ghost and Phantom in the reinforcements to come in. It took quite a few tries, but RNG is how it goes.

First thing is, if you lose one of your ships on their first volley (because even if your ships are 500 speed, the AI will go first), back out and start again. You want all three to survive it, then go from there. Focus on one ship (JC is a good start) and take it out. You need ships that will survive and/or protect others so they can survive. Ghost comes in to stealth another ship in danger, along with doing AoE damage and throwing up debuffs. With JC's ship in there, you can add protection and more protection to other ships thru his two specials. Umbaran comes in and removes turn meter from the enemy ships and then can become another tank for you.

It took me more than a few tries to get it going in my favor. The RNG favored me so much when I won that I ended up 3 starring it finally. Before that I had 3-5 where it came down to 1 ship v 1 ship and I lost. Your ships look like they can do the job, so don't get discouraged. It takes pretty much everyone a bunch of tries to do it. This Home One challenge is the toughest event there is because of the "trickery" of Mace's capital ship and the 4+ reinforcements he brings in depending on the RNG. (Yes, 4 or more reinforcements because the AI cheats.) And you're facing a 7-star Endurance for a 6th star.

Good luck!

@Whatelse73 Great advice. Was able to clear this within 2 attempts! I replaced the Falcon with 5s shop and it held out for me. The trick was survivability and keeping ships alive!