Proof

DarkLord7
241 posts Member
edited May 2018
This event proved that it isn't that events are only winnable for whales, but that some players just lack strategy. We all had the same characters. Okay, I will say that the slow speeds were a bit annoying in the Rebel t3 event, especially that R2 was slower than Leia. However, it was not hard to beat if you thought about what you were doing (keep the three bosses stunned and TM reduced, you literally have CLS, R2, and Han for that). Old Ben can remove TM and ability block the Stormtroopers. I would like to thank EA for the quests, they seem interesting although as an 85 I missed most of them. This event was a moderate challenge but honestly there are way harder events (Thrawn mythic t3). About that, I am a little annoyed that for Thrawn's mythic, we HAVE to use a Thrawn lead, but we can't use zEP lead in EP Mythic. Is this intentional?
But that's getting off topic. Basically, we all have the same characters for the event and so the people who are complaining just simply lack strategy, and it disproves the arguments about all of the other events. The rewards aren't that exciting but I liked it well enough, not impossible.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I found it ironic that the post title is "Proof" - and, after reading the post twice, I still have no idea what is being "proved".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    The fact that the events are not all impossible for non whales, because we all have the same characters and yet many still can't beat it
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    Literally took me one try. Got wicked confused when alliance mates started posting about difficulty.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I get what you're saying. I didn't know people were struggling though. That's sad.
  • Idk what this post is supposed to mean, of course the events are beatable but many times the investment isn't worth the reward. If I need to zeta a character to beat an event and that character is useless outside this event, then the rewards better be **** good to be worth the investment.

Most people complain and right fully so, because some of the quests require units the nobody had a reason to have geared prior to the event, except whales who gear everything anyways. This is why people say the events are for whales only
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This proves nothing, it was stil RNG as all hell trying to get stuns to stick or Luke to remove TM. It’s is amazing how they handicapped R2 with low TM which we all know is not true. I completed the event and am doing dark side now, but I lost Ben every time with no viable healer and no way to counter Thrawn or Vader’s one shot move. Hell, Thrawn was not even slowed when he applied fracture, so nothing played by Arena rules. The Stormies did not even taunt like they normally do in TB and every other instance where they take 7 turns shooting into the air like ****, they took turns and waited to fire off taunt once CLS burned his debuff move.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Proof? What? Many don't have the same characters and many characters for these events no one invests more then they need to put in, but then at the same time, they require sometimes a Zeta to complete is not really "non-whales can do it too". This "training" event was hard simply because your characters you get were quite slow, you had to play by perma-stunning and hoping for good rng.

On the round I beat it, Thrawn didn't take a turn, EP got one turn and Vader 2, stormtroopers got a couple turns and tfp got 1. Just with that, my Old ben was killed, Han Solo was killed, and the others were on a sliver of health. The amount of damage they did on any turn is nutz, and nothing like the real game. This whole event is setup, doesn't prove anything.
  • If you struggled, it was user error. I didn't even realize the event was "difficult" til I came on here. Both my accounts I just said hey stun thrawn, stun Vader, stun palp, ability block with old Ben, rinse, repeat, no one died.

Even most of the noobs in my alts guild figured it out after a couple tries, think I only had to walk 1 or 2 thru it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I found it ironic that the post title is "Proof" - and, after reading the post twice, I still have no idea what is being "proved".
    I've seen a lot of people complain that the T3 of Rebels basic training is "literally unwinnable" and "requires the most ridiculous RNG" to win and stuff but that wasn't the case.

OP is saying that since everyone had literally the same team / mods / enemies, it just goes to show that whiners don't really utilize characters well enough and are quick to complain
  • The first time I did it, I just did whatever because all the other tiers were so simple that no thought was required. I lost and realized "Oh, so they aren't playing around then...." and then I tried again, choosing slightly more sensible targets, and won without an issue.

Still, proving that a person can play the game and win under fixed circumstances doesn't necessarily mean that some events are not poorly balanced. One glance at the "Recommended" gear levels for certain events will demonstrate this. No amount of strategy/game-play skill that doesn't have "and great RNG" as a defining factor will win some of these events without being excessively geared beyond the recommendations.

I'm not sure if the people responsible for events simply do not understand what suitable recommendations are, or if they're purposefully setting the recommendations low to convince me I'm bad at this game and should upgrade my stuff (conveniently, it immediately gives you the option to do so after every failed attempt).
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    OP is correct BUT only for this event. In other events mods and gear influence the outcome, not to speak of RNG.
    518 posts Member
    That might be a proof about Offense Arena, not about Defense. And yet, because I've always run Empire chars, I couldn't beat it the first try, I had to learn about rebels kit which was annoyingly painful.
    Furthermore, it's a 6 against 5, not knowing how the opposite chars are modded.
    I wouldn't be pointing players strategy if I were in your shoes mate.
  • The first time around I didn't realize it was Thrawn who was dealing the massive damage (11k per Fracture hit so 44k total) and so I lost miserably. Second time, if you keep Thrawn stunned, neuter Palp and Vader where you can and use Luke to keep taunt off of the STs then you're perfectly fine. The OP is right in that it does show that, and my alt enjoyed those rewards, definitely in need of those shards. However, as @locodiel said, this event is newer and unique, in that it only THIS event that has done this and shows that it's possible. And of course it is possible, they programmed it to be so.

I honestly do not think there's an argument here because there's nothing to prove (in this instance). Of course anyone can beat it if they think, that was the point of the event. They wouldn't release it otherwise (although, knowing CG.... ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    To me it's just another indication that some players just don't like a challenge/difficult content, wich is totally fine. It's just a matter of preference. Generally speaking most content is very doable with a mediocre roster, so it's not like ea/cg only caters to the players that do like challenging content.
    Recently the devs have started adding some more challenging content to also please the players that do like challenging content, wich is awesome. It's mostly just 1 tier that is entirely optional and not that rewarding, wich is also great.
    Some players just can't handle that and start the complain train. Unfortunately they always blame it on the event and it's never due to the choices they made themselves. It's either only for whales/p2p, or it's just RNG. Atleast with this event they can only blame RNG.
    Personally i feel like blaming it on RNG is just an excuse to not be confronted with their own shortcommings. Sure, RNG plays a role in the outcome of the battle, but i'm reasonably sure that if i played the event 10 times, i would beat it 7/8/9 times, meaning you don't need good/godly RNG to win, but horrible RNG can cause you to lose.
    However, if you have no clue what you're doing you actually do need godly RNG to win, but does that make the event too RNG dependable or is not knowing what you're doing to blame? needless to say i think it's the latter. I'm not just saying that to boost my own ego, i've seen threads where people were calling an event unbeatable, untill they listened to the advice given in that same thread and cleared the event.
    tl;dr
    Moral of the story is that it's fine if you don't like an event, but also realize that you yourself and your own preference in content are the reason you don't like the event, not because there's something wrong with the event itself. No need to come up with excuses and be offended when someone says "git gud".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people complain that the T3 of Rebels basic training is "literally unwinnable" and "requires the most ridiculous RNG" to win and stuff but that wasn't the case.

OP is saying that since everyone had literally the same team / mods / enemies, it just goes to show that whiners don't really utilize characters well enough and are quick to complain

Thank you. In that case, I agree with the OP.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It proves that people want different things from the game, so no matter what the event is, some people will complain because it's too easy, too hard, not worth it, the forced toons are not cool, or the zeta icon is 5% too large.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    To me it's just another indication that some players just don't like a challenge/difficult content, wich is totally fine. It's just a matter of preference. Generally speaking most content is very doable with a mediocre roster, so it's not like ea/cg only caters to the players that do like challenging content.
    Recently the devs have started adding some more challenging content to also please the players that do like challenging content, wich is awesome. It's mostly just 1 tier that is entirely optional and not that rewarding, wich is also great.
    Some players just can't handle that and start the complain train. Unfortunately they always blame it on the event and it's never due to the choices they made themselves. It's either only for whales/p2p, or it's just RNG. Atleast with this event they can only blame RNG.
    Personally i feel like blaming it on RNG is just an excuse to not be confronted with their own shortcommings. Sure, RNG plays a role in the outcome of the battle, but i'm reasonably sure that if i played the event 10 times, i would beat it 7/8/9 times, meaning you don't need good/godly RNG to win, but horrible RNG can cause you to lose.
    However, if you have no clue what you're doing you actually do need godly RNG to win, but does that make the event too RNG dependable or is not knowing what you're doing to blame? needless to say i think it's the latter. I'm not just saying that to boost my own ego, i've seen threads where people were calling an event unbeatable, untill they listened to the advice given in that same thread and cleared the event.
    tl;dr
    Moral of the story is that it's fine if you don't like an event, but also realize that you yourself and your own preference in content are the reason you don't like the event, not because there's something wrong with the event itself. No need to come up with excuses and be offended when someone says "git gud".

Pretty much. RNG is part of the game but you can minimize it by utilizing your toons effectively. It wasn't that difficult. I've had plenty of resists on my stuns and was still able to easily clear it on my second attempt. Took me a second attempt because I didn't expect Thrawn to hit like a truck and ignored him for the large part until he killed everyone in the first attempt.