For real, why do arrow mods with primaries other than speed exist?

Come on. No one has ever asked for a crit avoidance or accuracy arrow. Just did the Qi'Ra event and got an arrow that wasn't speed. Useless

Replies

• Nikoms565
    10813 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    For the same reason you can buy a fully crafted Mk4 stun gun for 1400 crystals in shipments.

Which is to say, I have no idea.

Honestly, an argument could be made for protection on a pre-taunt or auto-taunt tank, as you would want him or her slower and tougher. But I see what you're saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Have to agree with those 2, but other primary stats are incredibly useful for different character classes.
    7 Primary stats on Arrow mod:
    Speed, Offence, Defence, Health, Protection - all 5 of these are useful to various characters in different scenarios in the game.
    Accuracy & Critical Avoidance are not.
  • Vice_torn
    512 posts Member
    I have a Protection Arrow mod with 22 Speed secondary... Very useful on the right toon.

Tanks do not need uber speed. Sion can be a Beast under EP lead with the right mods, even with low speed. Some prefer lower speed on their tanks.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Clone Sergeant is better having Offence as his primary, as it increases hit Crit Chance which gets him 50% TM when he scores anyway. Plus he hits hard standard, hits even harder with extra Offence.
    With any characters that call assists, they effectively give him 50% TM when they call him, so speed is not all that necessary for him if he's in the right team.

Tanks will benefit from Defence, Health or Protection. Speed can be a negative as it increases their turn speed, so decreases their taunt time.
  • Vendi1983
    3110 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I have a Protection Arrow mod with 22 Speed secondary... Very useful on the right toon.

Tanks do not need uber speed. Sion can be a Beast under EP lead with the right mods, even with low speed. Some prefer lower speed on their tanks.

I have Ashoka with a 5-dot critical avoidance arrow. And my Royal guard. Keeps her from losing her uniques and keeps him alive much longer. Don't need him fast just need him to be a sponge. If I could get a protection arrow with speed secondary that'd be sweet too.
  • leef
    12475 posts Member
    Well, 95% if not more of the mods i farm and even some that i buy are useless... so there's that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vendi1983
    3110 posts Member
    Not totally useless. Get a couple grand for most when you sell them.
  • TVF
    13489 posts Member
    Because if everything in the game was useful you'd quickly have all the things and there'd be no point in playing anymore.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah, I understand what yall are saying, my mod woes continue. Of the many mods farmed during this double drop weekend, I have exactly one mod with a speed secondary. +3.