Galactic war for me is getting annoying

CPace
151 posts Member
6680yt68h95w.png
s3tdpoo0b189.png

Someone please explain why this is happening everyday even though NY squad is not that good

Replies

• Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Once you hit around level 75 it gets difficult but then gets easier once you hit level 85. You'll get there
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    I can't complete it though which bugs me because I do this for the rewards and if I can't complete it 100%. Then I am just wasting my time
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    CPace wrote: »
    Someone please explain why this is happening everyday even though NY squad is not that good

Galactic War difficulty is based on the power of your five highest characters. The first node is something like 50% of their power, the last nodes are something like 150%. Your top 5 are significantly higher than everyone else on your roster, and that's the problem.

Galactic War isn't intended to be beaten with one team used in all 12 nodes.

The advantage you have in GW is that your turn meter carries over from fight to fight. Their's will, too, except you kill them so it doesn't matter. If you lose a fight, you sacrifice your TM advantage. Work on multiple teams, use each one early on so that they have pre-loaded TM, whittle down that last node.

Alternatively, just use Resistance and breeze through. That or strategize.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Kill their healer first and then pick them apart. They don't have that much of a roster to stop you
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Also,your rogue troops are a pretty decent counter to the setup
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Galactic War isn't intended to be beaten with one team used in all 12 nodes.

Highly depends on that team :p
  • I’d like some help with this as well. I’ve been playing for a year and only have Ewoks and First Order. I’ve only been able to complete 43 complete rounds of Galactic War. I thought it would help if I really tried to power up my first order squad since my Ewoks can’t get too far. I zeta’d my Kylo Ren and boy was that a mistake. Now Galactic War is impossible!! Can I remove the zeta in any way!? I don’t care if it wastes the materials. Galactic War is super frustrating and I really want to play that mode because it gives out shards for other characters.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Build a strong Resistance team and zeta Finn and R2, omega everyone except Poe’s Leader. That’s is the best advice you will get. Be patient.

zFinn
    Poe
    Scavenger Rey
    R2-DZ
    BB-8 since you have FO
  • Gw is designed to be difficult until your a bit past level 85. That means when you're below level 85 it will be difficult and you may not beat it everyday. It is frustrating to not get the max rewards but that's part of the game. I'd love to beat every mythic event every time but that doesn't happen. Eventually you'll reach 85 and have a deep enough roster that you can put the gw on farm and eventually sim it but you have to build the roster to earn it first. If you could beat it easily from the beginning every time it might as well not be there and have a daily reward box.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    I have a level 78 phoenix team that can get through almost every node; and comparable secondary light side and dark side teams that get me over the occasional obstacle. With these I am beating it pretty much every day. It's that bit of extra depth in inventory that makes the difference.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I can't complete it though which bugs me because I do this for the rewards and if I can't complete it 100%. Then I am just wasting my time

Are you absolutely sure, you can't complete it? Wedge lead, Biggs, EP, Ezra and....perhaps Vader for his block, would seem to be able to do it. Or you could preload yourown Boba Fett with TM on the early nodes and have him ability block your opponents. Or Luminar.

It doesn't seem like an impossible team to beat, @CPace
  • You get about two thirds of the currency for all but the last node and most of the credits and shards. It's not the end of the world id you don't beat the last node everyday. Some days rng will be in your favor and you'll have a beatable team some days not. But eventually your roster will be deep enough that you can beat it all the time on auto then you'll be able to sim it.
  • Hey guys, I see you are so helpful, please teach me how to beat team of nightsisters 7*, G10-11, 3 zeta, (zombie, daka, talz, Talia, asaj lead) , with any chars you want except they will be max G7-G8.

I am lvl 85, and since a few days ago, GW became impossible.
    I ran into similar team with what I described above 2 days in a row and other days I got Zader lead G12 accompanied by 4 other well matched G11, G12, and so on...

I only have Yoda & Palatine G10, Vader, Obi G9, and about 20-25 other chars G8. Against my best teams, nightsisters beat me in 1 turn. I do not even have time to retreat and try something different.
    How should I beat a good synergy team with gear level 2-3 points above me, which has 2 free resurrects for any member of the party (which resets when attached by different team), infinite resurect for zombie, speed increase for zombie if I choose to not focus it, one other team member who resurrects and 3 healers?
    I believe, at least GW should match me with teams my level not 100 levels above.

I heard people around here asking for GW to be more challenging. I agree to that, but sorry, I think this is not challenging, it is simply impossible, and not fun at all.

And please do not tell me to wait until I have 10-20 chars G11-12 myself, because at the rate gear drops, that might take a couple of years.

Now let me be constructive also, how about:
    - see all 12 teams I have to fight from the start? (so I can plan a bit)
    - let me retry any fight, even ones I won (so I can try better
    - , finish in better state, or simply test out strategies)
    - only match me against teams with maximum my max gear level
  • knox_md wrote: »
    Hey guys, I see you are so helpful, please teach me how to beat team of nightsisters 7*, G10-11, 3 zeta, (zombie, daka, talz, Talia, asaj lead) , with any chars you want except they will be max G7-G8.

I am lvl 85, and since a few days ago, GW became impossible.
    I ran into similar team with what I described above 2 days in a row and other days I got Zader lead G12 accompanied by 4 other well matched G11, G12, and so on...

I only have Yoda & Palatine G10, Vader, Obi G9, and about 20-25 other chars G8. Against my best teams, nightsisters beat me in 1 turn. I do not even have time to retreat and try something different.
    How should I beat a good synergy team with gear level 2-3 points above me, which has 2 free resurrects for any member of the party (which resets when attached by different team), infinite resurect for zombie, speed increase for zombie if I choose to not focus it, one other team member who resurrects and 3 healers?
    I believe, at least GW should match me with teams my level not 100 levels above.

I heard people around here asking for GW to be more challenging. I agree to that, but sorry, I think this is not challenging, it is simply impossible, and not fun at all.

And please do not tell me to wait until I have 10-20 chars G11-12 myself, because at the rate gear drops, that might take a couple of years.

Now let me be constructive also, how about:
    - see all 12 teams I have to fight from the start? (so I can plan a bit)
    - let me retry any fight, even ones I won (so I can try better
    - , finish in better state, or simply test out strategies)
    - only match me against teams with maximum my max gear level

You need to chose what characters you gear. If you had palp lead all g9 or so in a full team, you could likely beat that team. You have some characters that are geared almost as high as the team you're facing but unlike the opponent yours have no synergy.

It looks like it is picking the 5 not that much higher than your top 5 it just hapoens tgat you drew an opponent that has a good team as their top 5.

Also you don't need 11 g12 characters to beat gw consistently. One g12 team can beat it most days. But with only one team, you run the risk of hitting a hard counter to that team.

The g12 teams come faster than you think. As you start to do more areas of the game you get gear faster. If you can get in with a good guild it helps. Take the highest most active gp guild that will accept you. Tb stars reallt do help.

But like most aspects of the game, beating gw depends on building a deep strong roster and that takes time. Not what you want to hear I'm sure but it is the truth.
  • I have plenty of synergy between chars G8, but that is not even nearly enough to beat nightsisters G12 team (which I seem to run into at least every other day). I tried a lot of strategy and teams also in the mods 9-C node. I cannot beat it also and over there I can even use a 6th friend char also...
    The idea was that as I get stronger I expect to beat more things, not less, and if I knew that leveling only 1-2 chars will start matching me against 3 times stronger opponents, I would have delayed that upgrade...
    Now, as I can just get out of the tier 6 dummy guild I wonder: should I do that? Or not, because after that I will no longer be able to do any damage to Rancor for example?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018