Tuesday Guild Activity

Athusk
348 posts Member
edited May 2018
In the content update for May 25, it’s stated that Tuesday’s guild activity has been changed
(GW to Spend Energy)

I’d like to know the reasoning behind the change.

This change would result in 4 energy spending guild activities in a row (Cantina, LS energy, Energy, Hard Node Energy). As of right now, the only reason I can think of is that: GW is not a guild activity that CG can make money off of or make players spend crystals on (therefore not generating revenue for them) so to fix this, implement “Spend energy” to increase players spending crystals.

If CG has a differing perspective, please enlighten me.

If you want to implement “fleet energy” as a guild activity, you could have simply replaced “Hard Node energies” as these nodes use the same energy as DS and LS energy guild activities.

Replies

• I'm not CG, but if you think about it, nothing has really changed. GW battles earn zero raid points. So you still have to do 600 points, to earn max points for the guild. 600 a day between everything isn't too hard.

I guess the only change is you don't need to wait for reset to do GW anymore. Most in my guild would complete 36 towards the total anyway. Now it won't be a 40+ way tie for 1st.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yup, and also now I don't have any Monday where I forget what day it is and screw myself over.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I'm not CG, but if you think about it, nothing has really changed. GW battles earn zero raid points. So you still have to do 600 points, to earn max points for the guild. 600 a day between everything isn't too hard.

I guess the only change is you don't need to wait for reset to do GW anymore. Most in my guild would complete 36 towards the total anyway. Now it won't be a 40+ way tie for 1st.

Thing that has changed is the ability to easily max the daily activity and gain max guild currency from the activity.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    I'm not CG, but if you think about it, nothing has really changed. GW battles earn zero raid points. So you still have to do 600 points, to earn max points for the guild. 600 a day between everything isn't too hard.

Thing that has changed is the ability to easily max the daily activity and gain max guild currency from the activity.

That is what I meant in my post.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You need to know the reward structure before you can make a judgement.
  • I was responding to the part about it being money driven. I don't see it that way. If it's about how to max the tiers, 600 x 50 should do it. Although there probably won't be a 40+ tie for 1st. I'd like to think the guild tokens will be similar in quantity.
  • I’m personally happy about the change. Banking GW to hit that 36 always caused a loss of resources for a day. GW is how I get the most credits each day and every Monday felt like a drought and I couldn’t get anything accomplished. So for me thanks to CG on this one.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    I’m personally happy about the change. Banking GW to hit that 36 always caused a loss of resources for a day. GW is how I get the most credits each day and every Monday felt like a drought and I couldn’t get anything accomplished. So for me thanks to CG on this one.

You guys do realize that banking the gw for 3 days was never necessary. The activity was maxed if everyone completed 12 nodes.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m personally happy about the change. Banking GW to hit that 36 always caused a loss of resources for a day. GW is how I get the most credits each day and every Monday felt like a drought and I couldn’t get anything accomplished. So for me thanks to CG on this one.

You guys do realize that banking the gw for 3 days was never necessary. The activity was maxed if everyone completed 12 nodes.

Yeah but are you in a guild with every single person doing 12 nodes? If so congratulations. Most people aren't I'd bet.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    The point of that is you can do minimal and get max rewards. But with energy spending.... doubt ftp guilds will max the activity.
  • Last week I got through only 5 nodes, then only 6 on the reset. If I hadn't banked for 3 rounds, I wouldn't have made 12. I've only been playing for about 3 months. Only got all the way through the first time, never again since.
  • If you think about it, hitting "multisim" 3 times wasn't too much of a challenge. It was only logical for this daily activity to be removed.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The point of that is you can do minimal and get max rewards. But with energy spending.... doubt ftp guilds will max the activity.

My thought’s exactly, as much as I’d like to boot people who don’t do energies, it wouldn’t be wise to.

Prior to this change, like you said you and other more actives and officers can compensate for these inactive members. With energy guild activity, the only way to compensate for the guild is to spend crystals to get refreshes, same with the other 3 days back-to-back which would hinder progression for those by limiting their crystal usage.

However, I did think about this since I made this thread; I suppose that this Energy Guild Activity is achievable through all energy nodes, which would make it slightly easier. I suppose I brought this topic up too early to tell.

Edit:
    Also for those who said that saving a GW run for the guild activity daily is a waste of resources, I don’t see how. To get the daily mission completed, you can enter a GW fight (at node 1) then exit the fight. If mentioning the GW rewards, you still get them, but a day later, so I don’t see how it’s wasted as the net crystal gain per week is unchanged. However, if you implement this guild activity change and use crystals to compensate for inactives, your net crystal usage increases, so more outflows.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

This guy sounds pretty smart.

Our guild is going to get over double our usual guild token reward today. Usually we're in the mid-200's, today we're in the mid 500's.

I love this change.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited May 2018

This guy sounds pretty smart.

Our guild is going to get over double our usual guild token reward today. Usually we're in the mid-200's, today we're in the mid 500's.

I love this change.

I don’t think you’re understanding what I am talking about still... to max out on rewards you need to get the highest tier unlocked (T7).

With GW dailies, if everyone in the guild does 12/ 24 nodes (idr which) you can hit T7. By saving up a TW run the day before, you can compensate inactive members tht don’t do the guild daily.

This however, can not be done with spending energies without spending crystals. As mentioned prior, FTP guilds will most likely not be hitting T7.

Also, with energy nodes back-to-back, you may need to spend refreshes to hit T7 and once the day resets, you won’t be able to refresh further without spending yet again more crystals to hit the hard node daily.

As a F2P method, I usually save up my regular energies (up to, but not past the 144 cap) on GW day and use those up, along with refreshes once the Hard Node daily is up. The same goes for all other energy nodes (as they are 1 day apart, with the exception of cantina and LS nodes, which has a similar case as they don’t share energy).

That being said, I sure hope you did give this a read and tried to understand... if not, I can re-explain yet another time.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The reason I liked it was really more to do with adding strategy to the game, like how the best way to do GW was always the 2nd day. Ie, I did the previous days GW, reset, then left it for the next day, and on the Guild activity day, did them all three, then skipped the next day. It was a fun side project, meant GW was not really as mindless as most other things.

Now that its gone and more energy is king activities are in, it feels like I can just totally ignore it and the extra tokens is just a bonus that I don't really have to work for.

Maybe its only like this till the ship pve table then will be changed to that?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ok.

I'm still getting more than double currency tonight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • We're at tier 4 and im getting over 100 more guild currency then i got with 1st and a capped out gw, so does it really matter that we aren't going to hit the max tier because of the energy refreshes?
  • Krace
    16 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    In the content update for May 25, it’s stated that Tuesday’s guild activity has been changed
    (GW to Spend Energy)

I’d like to know the reasoning behind the change.

This change would result in 4 energy spending guild activities in a row (Cantina, LS energy, Energy, Hard Node Energy). As of right now, the only reason I can think of is that: GW is not a guild activity that CG can make money off of or make players spend crystals on (therefore not generating revenue for them) so to fix this, implement “Spend energy” to increase players spending crystals.

If CG has a differing perspective, please enlighten me.

If you want to implement “fleet energy” as a guild activity, you could have simply replaced “Hard Node energies” as these nodes use the same energy as DS and LS energy guild activities.

I agree. This seems like a fishing method for getting people to spend crystals and buy more. GW on Tuesday helped break up the energy spending. Sunday is Cantina, which is different than Monday, then you had a day off for GW and not have to spend. Then Wednesday do HM battles. Four days in a row is too much.

Yes, I liked getting T7 rewards for maxing out GW. Now anymore the only day my guild maxes out is on challenges.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    To me it seems like a placeholder where "spend ship PVE energy" will go. They just made the change to "any" type of energy in preparation of that.

Perhaps that took a "code" change to get it from GW to energy, so that way in the future it's a server side change to move it from generic energy to ship energy.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member

Yeah but are you in a guild with every single person doing 12 nodes? If so congratulations. Most people aren't I'd bet.

But u only need 1/3 of your guild to bank 36 nodes and chances are it’s not hard to reach. If it is... your guild isnt very active now is it
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    xeynx wrote: »
    To me it seems like a placeholder where "spend ship PVE energy" will go. They just made the change to "any" type of energy in preparation of that.

Perhaps that took a "code" change to get it from GW to energy, so that way in the future it's a server side change to move it from generic energy to ship energy.

+1 to you.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    How about this:

It was very tedious to manually play through 3 gw on this day before. With the simmable gw, more and more players would do it, meaning more guilds were hitting maximum rewards on that day.

The game economy is delicately balanced to the point where the additional guild currency being earned was out of whack with what the developers intended, hence the change.

Obviously as players we want more currencies all the time, but the development team has a different vision for what “optimal” looks like than the players do.

I don’t see it as a money making play. I don’t know many guilds who push the daily activity to maximize guild income as it’s just too much effort to track. We ignore it almost entirely and just push the daily 600, knowing that we will get some guild currency along with that.