Home One challenge

Prev1
Ruprecht
111 posts Member
Hi guys,

I really have problems with the home one challenge.
I'm at tier IV (to 5* it) and I just can't do it.
Before this awful ships 2.0 I thought it's because of the fact that I only have 5 fighters.
And since I can only use 5 fighters now, I thought it may be doable.
But it's gotten worse.
There's not even a silver lining on the horizon.

I have the same issue with the endurance but I guess that ship doesn't matter anyway, right?

I read a thread here but i don't have the ships that were suggested.
So I thought maybe some of you could share there wisdom and help me out.

I only have ghost, phantom, Biggs, Jedi counselor and clone sergeant at 4*s. They're all lvl 75.
As for the pilots: Phoenix squad and Biggs are 7*s, Jedi counselor is 5*s and clone sergeant is 4*s.
Home one is only lvl 50 since I'm using executrix and ship credits are pretty hard to get.

Is it generally impossible to make it with those ships even if I pimp them up?

Help me community, you're my only hope.

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ackbar 6* under new 3v3

Biggs, Fives, Jedi Consular (openers), Plo Kloon, Ghost, Phantom (back up in that order of deployment)

Concentrate Jedi consular down, then Rex until Clone Sgt comes out. Focus keeping target lock up and healing Biggs. Use Plo Kloon special. Once Clone dies take out Rex. Then focus phantom down. Second Jedi consular May come out, but you will 3 Star the event.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ackbar 6* special under new 3v3.

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Thank you, Chicken.
    I already read that post in the other thread.
    But since I'm only playing for 2,5 months now I don't have a great fleet.
    I only have the ships I mentioned, no plo, no fives and none of their ships at all.
    Ships 1.0 asked you to have 6 fighters for the executrix challenge therefore I had to spend all my resources on them.
    Is it impossible to win with my ships?
  • So the Home One challenge for 6* minimum requirement is level 82 ships. So yes, unless the RNG is with you, this one you are significantly outgunned.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Well like I said it's tier 4 (for 5*s) that I'm trying to beat.
    Requirements are lvl 72 ships.
    And I could pimp the ships a little but if it's impossible with my ships anyway I won't waste any resources.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Get your home one leveled up so its call assist does way more damage
  • Ruprecht wrote: »
    And I could pimp the ships a little but if it's impossible with my ships anyway I won't waste any resources.

I misread your post. If you invest in your fleet you will unlock it. It’s not hard at 5*, you just need to level your ships to 72 and give Ackbar some love, you will 5* easy.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I really have problems with the home one challenge.
    I'm at tier IV (to 5* it) and I just can't do it.
    Before this awful ships 2.0 I thought it's because of the fact that I only have 5 fighters.
    And since I can only use 5 fighters now, I thought it may be doable.
    But it's gotten worse.
    There's not even a silver lining on the horizon.

I have the same issue with the endurance but I guess that ship doesn't matter anyway, right?

I read a thread here but i don't have the ships that were suggested.
    So I thought maybe some of you could share there wisdom and help me out.

I only have ghost, phantom, Biggs, Jedi counselor and clone sergeant at 4*s. They're all lvl 75.
    As for the pilots: Phoenix squad and Biggs are 7*s, Jedi counselor is 5*s and clone sergeant is 4*s.
    Home one is only lvl 50 since I'm using executrix and ship credits are pretty hard to get.

Is it generally impossible to make it with those ships even if I pimp them up?

Help me community, you're my only hope.

If you are running 5 lvl 74 ships then there's no point in discussing strategy. Beef up your fleet first. The update made it easier. If a lvl 74 could beat it, then it would be a joke. The event is meant to be a challenge, even for lvl 85s like myself. I couldn't beat it until the update. You won't stand a chance until you're level 85 and your crew is geared well. My Biggs is g12, Wedge g11, Fives g9, Phoenix g9, Pathfinder g11, Jyn and Cassian g9, etc. Dark Side is better anyways.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Correction* I thought you were talking about 6 star mission. Sorry, I can't even remember 5 stars. Just beef up your fleet.
  • When does that event come back
  • Aeseri
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thought I'd chime in to say I'm also stuck at the 5* (not 6*) challenge.

I'm using Ghost (lvl 85), Phantom (85), Millennium Falcon (82), Resistance X-Wing (84) & Poe's X-wing (84). Pilots are nearly all gear level 9 or 10 and level 80+

I feel I'm some way over the requirements for the event (which recommends lvl 75 ships) but can't get anywhere near beating it, the issue seems to be more reinforcements on the AI side whilst I can only use 2.
  • So I'm not sure what the 5* challenge is like now, but I completed the 6* challenge without calling in my last reinforcement (Phantom), so maybe this will help:

Starting lineup was Biggs, Wedge, Fives. Reinforcements used were Ghost and JC. I had to do the challenge a few times until I got good enough RNG.

I'm not sure if you're fighting Mace or Tarkin in the 5* challenge. If Mace, I found the key was to get JC really low on health before a Clone could taunt, then bring in Ghost to AOE and kill JC off. Then after that it was all about using Ackbar to keep healing Biggs so Biggs could keep soaking up damage. If Tarkin... I have no words of wisdom yet, but similar concept of keep Biggs taunting/keep Biggs healed applies.

To the OP: try starting with Biggs, Clone Serg, and Phantom. Phantom can provide target lock for Biggs; Clone Serg can taunt and soak up some of the damage if Biggs loses taunt or doesn't land a TL. Reinforce with Ghost if you need an AOE kill; reinforce with JC if your ships are getting low on health and you need a heal. The biggest weakness in your lineup is that Clone Serg and JC both hit like wet noodles, so you're really going to need your other three to deal out serious damage. Also, Clone Serg is low on gear to be the tank he needs to be... I'd work on that a bit. Finally, throw a whole pile of resources into Biggs' ship. He's still very OP after this ship rework, plays well with just about everyone, and is part of a team to get Chimaera, so it's worth maxing his stars, level, and abilities.
  • My biggest issue with the new Home One challenge is that fact that the Clone Sarge gets auto-taunt as reinforcement ability - which can't be removed except by clearing out his prot. Oh yeah - all the ships in this challenge restore prot. Even buff block can't keep that taunt from coming back. And if you DO manage to clear it out for a turn, Endurance is there with it's taunt/crit immunity combo. If you some how make it past all that and get someone close to death, here comes super prot up! HAHAHA.

Wouldn't be an issue for my DS team, but with the motley bunch of LS ships? Ugh.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Get your home one leveled up so its call assist does way more damage

I misread your post. If you invest in your fleet you will unlock it. It’s not hard at 5*, you just need to level your ships to 72 and give Ackbar some love, you will 5* easy.

Thank you, I will try to improve my home one and ackbar.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Correction* I thought you were talking about 6 star mission. Sorry, I can't even remember 5 stars. Just beef up your fleet.

Yeah thanks I'll keep on working on my fleet. But with ships 2.0 its really too hard to win.
    They clearly forgot adjusting all those challenges.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Aeseri wrote: »
    Thought I'd chime in to say I'm also stuck at the 5* (not 6*) challenge.

I'm using Ghost (lvl 85), Phantom (85), Millennium Falcon (82), Resistance X-Wing (84) & Poe's X-wing (84). Pilots are nearly all gear level 9 or 10 and level 80+

I feel I'm some way over the requirements for the event (which recommends lvl 75 ships) but can't get anywhere near beating it, the issue seems to be more reinforcements on the AI side whilst I can only use 2.

Exactly, they recommend 4* ships at lvl 75.
    But it's impossible with those.
    You'll need 7*s for this.
    I imagine 8* ships for tier 5 and at least 9* ships for tier 6.
    Oh wait there are only 7* ships, well I guess we'll never get better capital ships than 5* ones then.
    And the opponent having 3 or 4 reinforcements sure is no help either.
    With ships 1.0 that wouldn't be a problem. But with ships 2.0 that makes it an impossible task for sure.
    They need to adjust the challenges.
    They only had those 5%, who got bored with ships, in mind.
    Maybe them who have everything like the ship update. But for us newer players it's a pain in the ash.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Lol you say it’s not hard but you mean it wasn’t hard but you haven’t done it 2.0 . It seems broken on 4 and 5 star like they didn’t do any balancing. You will definitely need higher than 72 unless you have lvl85 tier 12 pilots.

• Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    So I'm not sure what the 5* challenge is like now, but I completed the 6* challenge without calling in my last reinforcement (Phantom), so maybe this will help:

Starting lineup was Biggs, Wedge, Fives. Reinforcements used were Ghost and JC. I had to do the challenge a few times until I got good enough RNG.

I'm not sure if you're fighting Mace or Tarkin in the 5* challenge. If Mace, I found the key was to get JC really low on health before a Clone could taunt, then bring in Ghost to AOE and kill JC off. Then after that it was all about using Ackbar to keep healing Biggs so Biggs could keep soaking up damage. If Tarkin... I have no words of wisdom yet, but similar concept of keep Biggs taunting/keep Biggs healed applies.

To the OP: try starting with Biggs, Clone Serg, and Phantom. Phantom can provide target lock for Biggs; Clone Serg can taunt and soak up some of the damage if Biggs loses taunt or doesn't land a TL. Reinforce with Ghost if you need an AOE kill; reinforce with JC if your ships are getting low on health and you need a heal. The biggest weakness in your lineup is that Clone Serg and JC both hit like wet noodles, so you're really going to need your other three to deal out serious damage. Also, Clone Serg is low on gear to be the tank he needs to be... I'd work on that a bit. Finally, throw a whole pile of resources into Biggs' ship. He's still very OP after this ship rework, plays well with just about everyone, and is part of a team to get Chimaera, so it's worth maxing his stars, level, and abilities.

Thank you, I will try that but I'll have to upgrade ackbar and home one first I think.
    But I can't see anyone winning this with the opponent having more reinforcements and overall better ships an capital ship.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    My biggest issue with the new Home One challenge is that fact that the Clone Sarge gets auto-taunt as reinforcement ability - which can't be removed except by clearing out his prot. Oh yeah - all the ships in this challenge restore prot. Even buff block can't keep that taunt from coming back. And if you DO manage to clear it out for a turn, Endurance is there with it's taunt/crit immunity combo. If you some how make it past all that and get someone close to death, here comes super prot up! HAHAHA.

Wouldn't be an issue for my DS team, but with the motley bunch of LS ships? Ugh.

lol, I thought I could win the executrix challenge at least.
    Because my dark side pilots are way better and tarkins ship is at lvl 75 with all updates so far.
    But of course not. It's even harder, and that I cannot understand.
    In ships 1.0 I would have gotten my 5* executrix already.
    But now they made it an unbeatable challenge.
    I wonder if they hate newer players, or they just don't care or if it simply got forgotten?
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Lol you say it’s not hard but you mean it wasn’t hard but you haven’t done it 2.0 . It seems broken on 4 and 5 star like they didn’t do any balancing. You will definitely need higher than 72 unless you have lvl85 tier 12 pilots.

Exactly
  • So I will say I never expected I'd get past the 6* challenge with my current lineup (7* maxed Biggs, 6* Wedge G10, 5* Umbaran JC Ghost Phantom with G8 pilots). I did. I don't know if the 5* challenge has gotten significantly harder or not, and I think across the board you need a little more than what the game says you need, but not much (in my limited experience). It takes patience, strategy, and some good RNG. Improve your ships a bit and try again. You'll get there.
  • Aeseri
    7 posts Member
    Thank you, I will try that but I'll have to upgrade ackbar and home one first I think.
    But I can't see anyone winning this with the opponent having more reinforcements and overall better ships an capital ship.

Something definitely feels off in the scaling for me. I don't know how many reinforcements the AI get, I'm always dead some time after the third.

• Aeseri
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So I will say I never expected I'd get past the 6* challenge with my current lineup (7* maxed Biggs, 6* Wedge G10, 5* Umbaran JC Ghost Phantom with G8 pilots). I did. I don't know if the 5* challenge has gotten significantly harder or not, and I think across the board you need a little more than what the game says you need, but not much (in my limited experience). It takes patience, strategy, and some good RNG. Improve your ships a bit and try again. You'll get there.

For the 5* I'm using 6*ghost (G9 x3), 6* Phantom (G11,8,8) 4* Falcon (G9x2), 6* Resistance X-wing (G9), 4* Poe (G10)

Sure there's room for improvement, especially with the couple of 4* but I'm way over the requirements and my attempts aren't even close.

• Aeseri wrote: »
    So I will say I never expected I'd get past the 6* challenge with my current lineup (7* maxed Biggs, 6* Wedge G10, 5* Umbaran JC Ghost Phantom with G8 pilots). I did. I don't know if the 5* challenge has gotten significantly harder or not, and I think across the board you need a little more than what the game says you need, but not much (in my limited experience). It takes patience, strategy, and some good RNG. Improve your ships a bit and try again. You'll get there.

For the 5* I'm using 6*ghost (G9 x3), 6* Phantom (G11,8,8) 4* Falcon (G9x2), 6* Resistance X-wing (G9), 4* Poe (G10)

Sure there's room for improvement, especially with the couple of 4* but I'm way over the requirements and my attempts aren't even close.

No biggs? And using the resistance x-wing and falcon?

You also don't mention the stars of the pilots or levels of the pilots/ships
  • Aeseri
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2018

No biggs? And using the resistance x-wing and falcon?

You also don't mention the stars of the pilots or levels of the pilots/ships

Alright:

6*Ghost L85 - 7* Hera G9 L82, 7* Kanan G9 L82, 7* Zeb G9 L82
    6* Phantom L85 - 7* Ezra G10 L83, 5* Sabine G8 L78, 7* Chopper G8 L82
    4* Falcon L82 - 7* Rey G8 L85, 7* zFinn G9 L85,
    6* Resistance X-wing L84 - 7* RP G9 L85
    4* Poe's x-wing L84 - 7* Poe G10 L85

I'm using resistance as I have them with much better gear than biggs.

• Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Aeseri wrote: »

Something definitely feels off in the scaling for me. I don't know how many reinforcements the AI get, I'm always dead some time after the third.

lol, same here. :-)
  • So your pilots are in good shape. But res x-wing is no substitute for Biggs (nothing is, aside from maybe Clone Sergeant). You've got a bunch of squishy ships and no one to draw the fire.
  • Aeseri
    7 posts Member
    If biggs is the only way to get this done I could invest in him but for just the 5* challenge I thought that would be (more than) enough.
  • I don't know if it's the only way, but it's probably the safest way. Also, he's used pretty much anywhere ships are used, LS, DS, anywhere. It's not like it's a wasted investment (see other rebel ships for Chimera).
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Well the opponent is the same as before but he should have been adjusted to ships 2.0.
    We play ships 2.0 with ships 1.0 opponents and that is what makes it so hard.
    But I'll continue to improve my fleet it's just no fun the way it is now since the devs forgot changing the challenges to make them doable at ships 2.0.