A question about raid settings

Prev1
Does the raid launch after the join period has ended, regardless of what time is set in "launch time"?

Replies

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Not sure I understand the question, but... here is how heroic whatever works...

Raid join period starts @ whatever time you set the raid to start and goes for as long as you set the join period. After the join period ends, the 2day timer starts.

No clue if that answers the question though (it should, as that's the whole process)... I really couldn't understand what you were asking.
  • Ok simpler way of asking it. We get tickets at 630pm, we set launch time for 7pm with a 22 hour join period. Does that mean raid would start at 5pm next day?
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Ok simpler way of asking it. We get tickets at 630pm, we set launch time for 7pm with a 22 hour join period. Does that mean raid would start at 5pm next day?

Yes
  • akajl11
    60 posts Member
    I have sort of the same question. But once you set the settings do you have to press the launch button and it will launch at the time you specified?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No, you confirm the settings and then it launches based on those settings at the correct time.

If you hit the launch button it will launch immediately regardless of settings.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ok, I had set up our guilds settings to launch at 2:00pm UTC (10:00am Local) with an auto join function. I confirmed and everything, however, it did not launch today at the time I specified. Why would that be?
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Howler wrote: »
    Ok, I had set up our guilds settings to launch at 2:00pm UTC (10:00am Local) with an auto join function. I confirmed and everything, however, it did not launch today at the time I specified. Why would that be?

Maybe a dumb question, but did you have the required tickets to launch?
  • Howler wrote: »

Are you certain you didn't set it for 10pm. One of are officers just made the same mistake, we usually run a raid at 8 pm, but today one launched at 8 am
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ok simpler way of asking it. We get tickets at 630pm, we set launch time for 7pm with a 22 hour join period. Does that mean raid would start at 5pm next day?
    Yes!
    akajl11 wrote: »
    I have sort of the same question. But once you set the settings do you have to press the launch button and it will launch at the time you specified?
    No! Pressing Launch will start it right then, immediately, but will maintain the 0-damage join time. So if you start it manually at 8:32pm and your automatic settings say to start automatically at 6:00pm with a 24 hour join period, what will wind up happening is that your damage will start at 8:32pm the next day.

I don't know if that's how it's intended, but from direct personal experience that's how it works!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

Are you certain you didn't set it for 10pm. One of are officers just made the same mistake, we usually run a raid at 8 pm, but today one launched at 8 am

I am positive.
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »

Maybe a dumb question, but did you have the required tickets to launch?

Yes we did.
  • WARNING. Unless you want unattended launches, clear your settings after the raid launches. Otherwise it will launch every time it has enough raid tickets, based on your settings. (Found out the hard way)
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    WARNING. Unless you want unattended launches, clear your settings after the raid launches. Otherwise it will launch every time it has enough raid tickets, based on your settings. (Found out the hard way)

I am just trying to figure out why it did not launch. We are ok with rancor and tank launching automatically.

This happened to me as well, before reset I set a raid for 2pm local time. At reset we earned enough tickets to launch the raid. 2am pasted by with no raid, which eliminates the am/pm problem. At 2pm the next day the raid did not auto launch. We had the raid set with no jion time, yet when I manually launched the raid it auto 0ed me and started a join time. So basically everything it could do wrong it did wrong.

Side note, I would appreciate more flexibility with launch times. We run our FFAs at xx:30 so the auto launch is pretty useless.
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

This happened to me as well, before reset I set a raid for 2pm local time. At reset we earned enough tickets to launch the raid. 2am pasted by with no raid, which eliminates the am/pm problem. At 2pm the next day the raid did not auto launch. We had the raid set with no jion time, yet when I manually launched the raid it auto 0ed me and started a join time. So basically everything it could do wrong it did wrong.

Side note, I would appreciate more flexibility with launch times. We run our FFAs at xx:30 so the auto launch is pretty useless.

I agree with this also as we used to launch a raid on the half hour as well. However, I feel the auto launch function isn’t working properly.
    WARNING. Unless you want unattended launches, clear your settings after the raid launches. Otherwise it will launch every time it has enough raid tickets, based on your settings. (Found out the hard way)

I am just trying to figure out why it did not launch. We are ok with rancor and tank launching automatically.

How many times have you run them in a 7 day period?
  • Also, extremely obvious question, so please excuse. Did you hit launch or just confirm?
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    Confirm
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    And we haven’t run it enough to lock us out. That much I know.
  • You must confirm the settings, then click launch to start the join timer. The Launch button will show a countdown.
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    What is the point of auto launch if you must still launch it yourself?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Auto refers to a final unattended launch or opening of the raid for attacks. But yeah, it's confusing.

You choose launch time, then join period (if any) and click confirm. Then to put it all in motion, you hit "Launch". If all goes well you will see a countdown timer. If no timer, it is not going to launch at the end of the join timer.

• Howler
    18 posts Member
    Yea, confusing. Not the way I thought this was going to work. Basically it’s still rendering us officers to do a launch then which defeats the purpose of an auto launch when we aren’t around.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well you do not need to be there at the "Open for attacks" time. So there's that.

Example: We will set 3 raids to start on Wednesday Evening at 8pm EDT. We do so by choosing the open time. Then the Join timer. We hit confirm. Next we double check all, then hit "Launch" we now walk away and DO NOT need to do anything more as long as we have enough raid tickets.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

This is less of a problem than I thought it'd be. I thought the two day countdown timer would start when the Join thing started. Nah, it waits until the Join period is over and then the countdown begins. So, yeah, you don't *want* your start time to be when no one's around, but it's not that bad if it is, either, since you still get the full time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Auto refers to a final unattended launch or opening of the raid for attacks. But yeah, it's confusing.

You choose launch time, then join period (if any) and click confirm. Then to put it all in motion, you hit "Launch". If all goes well you will see a countdown timer. If no timer, it is not going to launch at the end of the join timer.

If you set a launch time, it will launch automatically at that time. You do not need to hit "launch." We ran several raids last week like this and it worked perfectly every time.

I assumed if you hit "launch" it will launch immediately regardless of time set, but I'm not willing to test it out for obvious reasons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I set "Settings" then launch and walk way, countdown starts, and it launches when desired. It would probably be less confusing if a "Join" timer is set, the launch button becomes "Start" after hitting confirm.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    I assumed if you hit "launch" it will launch immediately regardless of time set, but I'm not willing to test it out for obvious reasons.
    It does, I can confirm this.

I can also confirm that when you manually launch one, the Join Timer you set for automatic starts also still happens. I don't know if that's intended or not, but it's what happens.

We normally start our raids at 6:00 and get our tickets at 7:30. The day the feature went live, we would have capped out on raid tickets if we waited until 6:00 the next day. So we set the auto feature, then manually started one at a weird time (like 7:21 or whatever) and no one could attack until 7:21 (or whatever) the next day, which really played hob with timing because it's a lot harder to plan around 7:21 than 7:00...

(Also we accidentally set the raid to automatically start at 6:00am instead of 6:00pm, which is co-incidentally how I can also confirm you still get the full 2 days no matter when the damage phase opens up. EDIT: And by "we accidentally set" I of course mean "I accidentally set.")
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The current Raid Setting system format was clearly chosen by a programmer. It makes perfect sense to them. (I speak from experience LOL) BUT the average player will fumble it a few times before getting things down. No step by step from EA/CG is bad. Players shouldn't have to do their job.

UTC … text just confuses the issue. Text explaining (in raid panel) times set are relevant to the server time of your shard would have made more sense.

10wpl40.png

2vwz2id.png

Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    Yea their lack of a tutorial or explanation really is another one for the books on CG dropping the ball again.