Double drops = fun

Prev1
NgH
59 posts Member
I am enjoying the game so much more this weekend, and it's because of double drops. This drop rate should become the new normal. The "normal" drops are really, really frustrating, and ought to be retired.

Replies

• Options
    Ha, I wish :)
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    Options
    Well, 2 times zero is still zero. I did 144 energy (12x) on 6A and not only did I not get any of the reinforcement mats, I didn't even get any Barris shards from it. I'd prefer 100% drop over 2x bonus
  • Options
    Yes...getting more free stuff is great lol.

Not sure anyone is going to argue against that.
  • Options
    Vétéran Han and Chewie 7 stars. God bless double drop !
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    When it becomes the new "normal", it's horrible again. Just look at 100% droprate on mods, it was awesome at first, currently not so much anymore.
    I do really lilke these double drop events though !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I'm loving the double drops. I spend my usual 150 Crystal's for hard nodes and gear and the rest has been cantina. My vet han is 2 shards from 7 stars and my assaj is getting to g12 pretty quick
  • Options
    Clickbait.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Clickbait.

Of course. There's no positive threads here. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get some good mods so I spent a couple thousand crystals on refreshes this weekend.

Not a single one rolled enough speed worth using. Out of all those mods 1 went to 8 speed, which isn't even good enough for most TW toons these days. Haha
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    I must've had some amazing luck cause I was able to promote several characters since this event and have been loving it.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    I would personally prefer " guarantee drop " rather than double... Less frustrating :) with a limit if needed lol..
  • Options
    I have been farming Sion... Probably did the node 40+ times, I have 8 shards to show for it. Simmed 13 times for Stun Cuffs, gained 2.

Personally, I can't wait for Double Drops to end so I can start getting stuff again...
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Reading through the comments it seems like not everyone fared the same. I have been lucky to get a lot more stuff than I normally do, but I feel for those who haven't.
    I agree with those who have commented that guaranteed drops would be best; but I have tried suggesting that a couple of times before, and the drop rates never improve. I thought maybe a discussion about how much better the game is when drop rates go up could plant a seed with the developers to consider a change.
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    Options
    playing this game, and really most EA games, is like playing a slot machine. I agree completely with those that would like guaranteed drops. take the 5-330 out of it. just give me a price for 5 or 10.
  • Options
    Some guildmates and I were thinking, what if we had double drops more often? I know they wouldn't do it a lot, since it goes against money making, but what about every 31st day of the month. That would be 7 times a year! I know I spent over 2000 crystals this weekend on it. So.... How bout it @CG_Carrie ?
  • Options
    DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    Some guildmates and I were thinking, what if we had double drops more often? I know they wouldn't do it a lot, since it goes against money making, but what about every 31st day of the month. That would be 7 times a year! I know I spent over 2000 crystals this weekend on it. So.... How bout it @CG_Carrie ?

That’s a great idea!
  • Pob
    36 posts Member
    Options
    No chance of scheduling repeats. You'd just complete this game collections and wonder off to the next digital crack game.
    Just think of them like finding a fiver on the floor. It's not much, but you didn't have it beforehand.
    Ty for DD CG x
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Well, 2 times zero is still zero. I did 144 energy (12x) on 6A and not only did I not get any of the reinforcement mats, I didn't even get any Barris shards from it. I'd prefer 100% drop over 2x bonus

Yup I got 0 shards from Shore trooper over sat and sun. Yes I sim'd all 8 battles each day
  • Options
    Pob wrote: »
    No chance of scheduling repeats. You'd just complete this game collections and wonder off to the next digital crack game.
    Just think of them like finding a fiver on the floor. It's not much, but you didn't have it beforehand.
    Ty for DD CG x

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. If I did, it was a mistake. I was just proposing an idea that would make this game much more excited! I haven't had one complaint about double drops. It's been so great, I am sad to see it go. I'm just throwing out an idea and hoping it sticks.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Vétéran Han and Chewie 7 stars. God bless double drop !

Right there with you buddy ;)
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Botzone1 wrote: »

Yup I got 0 shards from Shore trooper over sat and sun. Yes I sim'd all 8 battles each day

Farmed Nih, pulled 15 times.... 0 shards
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Botzone1 wrote: »

And all you have simmed whole weekend is Shore?!?
    Why you dont point out the good ones. Of course, you would not.
    Only good thing in this game in a while was this double drop.
    And yeah part of this update was good to. Another part not so, but still not bad.
    It is wrong to say 2x zero is still zero, why, cause you at least have a chance for normal drop.... And can be up to 60% if standard is 30%.
    Thanks CG for this double drop, please give it to us more often.
    Best regards.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NgH wrote: »
    I am enjoying the game so much more this weekend, and it's because of double drops. This drop rate should become the new normal. The "normal" drops are really, really frustrating, and ought to be retired.

The droprates stay the same, only the result is doubled.
    Btw...
    I did 48 fights for Sion shards in two days (always simming 4, so 12 attempts) and got 0 (zero!) shards out of it, so I really don't care about doubledrops anymore.
  • Options
    ^^^ouch. I bet CG reduces the chances on all nodes so that way people wouldn't get crazy amount of shards...like when businesses do 40% off sales or something, they increase the regular price so they don't really lose too much money.
    So I bet CG does the same. Someone said its 30% drop rate...probably reduced it to 20%
    That's so unfortunate
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Fatzke, you make a good point regarding the rate vs the result; I hadn't thought of it that way. However, seeing how disappointed some people have been by this weekend, I would agree that the best way to make the game experience better for everyone would be to increase the drop rate. I'm sure that CG follows some kind of metric that is supposed to keep spenders motivated to spend while at the same time giving them the minimum reward to keep them engaged. But metrics won't account for player frustration and fatigue over time, and I don't know if they are seriously considering that side of things, and the potential long-term impact not addressing it could have on the game.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Fatzke wrote: »

The droprates stay the same, only the result is doubled.
    Btw...
    I did 48 fights for Sion shards in two days (always simming 4, so 12 attempts) and got 0 (zero!) shards out of it, so I really don't care about doubledrops anymore.
    Welcome to my world ... this happens to me on every single double event. However i know, others get their drops at regular rate, so the rate (ya, %-chance meant in this case) seems to stays the same (for them).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm sure that CG follows some kind of metric that is supposed to keep spenders motivated to spend while at the same time giving them the minimum reward to keep them engaged. But metrics won't account for player frustration and fatigue over time, and I don't know if they are seriously considering that side of things, and the potential long-term impact not addressing it could have on the game.
    It requires some skills to build such a metric. You've seen the updates coming from them? Do you really think, they can do better than (result = get_rnd()*x) ??
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options

I got 0 reinforcement materials in over 30 tries. I was so ****, that I just about chucked my phone across the room. Ended up doing mods for the rest of the double drop period.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options

If the "double drops" were the norm, it'd still feel really frustrating. The double drops only feel good because it's relative to the norm, not the norm itself.
  • Options
    Over the weekend drop rates were normal to good for me. One day I did 16 tries at sion's node and got 22 shards for him, so all I can say is thanks devs