Basic Training

Prev13
How many factions are we going to get basic training for? I thought it would be done with just rebels and Empire but now FO just started for me. I’m certainly not complaining, my shard shop bank is getting wealthy. Not to mention the easy 16 shoretrooper shards I got for the Empire quests.

I imagine Resistance will have theirs, too. Will Nightsisters? Bounty Hunters? Clones? I’m always willing to have quests for shards, I’m just curious.

Replies

• SHAD0W4576
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    In the patch notes they saud rebels, empire, resistance, and first order.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The Empire one did no benefit for me. All TFP and RG shards. Have both at 7*. Would have loved some Shore shards...
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The Empire one did no benefit for me. All TFP and RG shards. Have both at 7*. Would have loved some Shore shards...

I got 24 shore shards total, I'd just 7* him the day before I unlocked Empire training.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but didn't you learn how to play your empire characters?

;—)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don't have half the rebel characters for CLS yet so it was good to see their kits & synergy in action. Enjoyed figuring it out after getting wasted completely on my first attempt at T3.

I have all the Empire characters from the training except Thrawn. So that in a way was nice. But that's it...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Every hero in my Empire, Rebel, FO & resistance is 7* on my account now so I feel your frustration, but hey... it's all going to shard shop & gear so it's no loss really. You can be mad but you still getting something for nothing.

I'm curious if there's gonna be more training events like these. I am enjoying them and would like to see more! <3
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for Rose and Holdo with the Resistance event. Ooph are they a foreverfarm....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Rose and Holdo with the Resistance event. Ooph are they a foreverfarm....

I got some Holdo shards in the Resistance event. I am newer and don't have Rey or Finn 7* like a lot of older players so these training events have helped me get many characters within these factions starred up. I got to finally 7* Vader, get shards for Shoretrooper. I am loving these events.
  • Options

same. why is everyone not receiving the same rewards? seems a little unfair people will get shards they need and others shards they dont want cause already 7*.

Because the basic trainings are mainly for new(er) players, not long-timers
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

I got some Holdo shards in the Resistance event. I am newer and don't have Rey or Finn 7* like a lot of older players so these training events have helped me get many characters within these factions starred up. I got to finally 7* Vader, get shards for Shoretrooper. I am loving these events.

Right on, glad to hear it!

I picked up 8 Roses with t1 of the Resistance event, so already I'm very happy. I'd been happy with just getting shard shop currency this whole time, but those 8 Roses are roughly 3 days of farming saved!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I picked up 8 Roses with t1 of the Resistance event, so already I'm very happy. I'd been happy with just getting shard shop currency this whole time, but those 8 Roses are roughly 3 days of farming saved!

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

I got 16 Rose shards between the training and Tier 1 of the actual challenge. I want to convert them to shard shop currency now. And maybe feed her to the Rancor permanently.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Options

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

I got 16 Rose shards between the training and Tier 1 of the actual challenge. I want to convert them to shard shop currency now. And maybe feed her to the Rancor permanently.

Because she's necessary for two full resistance teams, for TB platoons, and she does have some utility. You might not like the character in the movie, but she's useful in-game.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

For platoons for my guild. :(
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

As someone else said, she's needed so you can have two full 5-person Resistance teams.

But, also, under Jedi Training Rey she's good! Her basic can hit twice and her natural crit (+30% from Rey's leader ability) is high enough that you have a good chance of hitting, exposing, and then cracking your own expose with the followup. Her stun+daze is very good. Her non-attack special is a little ho-hum, and I wish its cooldown were longer so it the AI would focus on her core strength: That basic. But it's helpful in Sith Inquisition to burn a turn if she has Defense Down. Her Unique is more offense, which is always good, and the zeta will make her incredibly fast.

Her kit isn't the most impressive in the game. It's very simple. But sometimes that simplicity can be deceiving--going very fast and hitting very hard is a useful ability on its own!

No joke, I'm going to zeta Darth Maul in a couple days for Territory War benefits, then the next person in the queue is Rose. 10% TM every crit under a leader that's predicated on crits? Yes, please!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Her kit isn't the most impressive in the game. It's very simple. But sometimes that simplicity can be deceiving--going very fast and hitting very hard is a useful ability on its own!

Well... Looks like the Karma gods are punishing me. All I got out of every Resistance fight has been Finn and Rose. Can star her up now...

• Options
    Aww man, Resistance is the last one? Only got T3 left to do. Loving all the shard shop fodder out of these.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

For platoons for my guild. :(

Way to take one for the team.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Well... Looks like the Karma gods are punishing me. All I got out of every Resistance fight has been Finn and Rose. Can star her up now...

Not to rub it in, but both I have completed sonfzr gave Finn and Poe.... Works out great with bb8 coming...
  • Options

same. why is everyone not receiving the same rewards? seems a little unfair people will get shards they need and others shards they dont want cause already 7*.

I just got shards of empire characters I will never use, I wanted some of shore but I got none
  • Options
    the boredom of the basic training is basic.....
  • Options
    When playing the Resistance training event, I have to wonder, have the devs that coded it ever actually played with Res under a zFinn lead? Everything they told us to do is wrong. You never use Finn's first special, just Takedown. And most of the time you don't use Trooper's second special unless you have to clear a taunt.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    When playing the Resistance training event, I have to wonder, have the devs that coded it ever actually played with Res under a zFinn lead? Everything they told us to do is wrong. You never use Finn's first special, just Takedown. And most of the time you don't use Trooper's second special unless you have to clear a taunt.

Maybe they're sabotaging new players so legacy players retain an advantage?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed the training events just because it is something different. I would enjoy it if they expanded it in to the Jedi/Sith, Clone/Separatist, and the Tusken/Jawa/Droid factions.

Though I do think we need an event that involves CUP, Ugnaught, Mob Enforcer, Gamorean Guard, and Nute.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Maybe they're sabotaging new players so legacy players retain an advantage?

I doubt it. I mean, it does give an overview of the abilities, but insisting that we use them is a little counter-productive since it's not the most effective use of them.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

Because she's necessary for two full resistance teams, for TB platoons, and she does have some utility. You might not like the character in the movie, but she's useful in-game.

I actually liked Rose in the movie from the get go.
    I don't get the hate she's getting.
    She and Finn make a way better couple in my opinion.
    Finn/Rey wasn't working for me.

And as for the topic, its a great thing for us newer players.
    I hope they decide to make more of them.
  • Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »

You're farming Rose?

Whhhhyyyyyyy

I actually liked Rose in the movie from the get go.
    I don't get the hate she's getting.
    She and Finn make a way better couple in my opinion.
    Finn/Rey wasn't working for me.

Where's the dislike button? I need a dislike button!

*taps wildly on screen hoping to hit some hidden dislike button*
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Will the Rebel Basic Training Event ever leave my cue as there is NO WAY I will EVER be able to finish Tier 3??
  • Options
    Nanbomp70 wrote: »
    Will the Rebel Basic Training Event ever leave my cue as there is NO WAY I will EVER be able to finish Tier 3??

What are you having troubles with? There’s a ton of strategies in the forum here. Are you just having a really bad run or rng?
  • Options
    I'm having a super bad run...tried ton of strategies that have been suggested and nothing works even remotely. I try to stun DV and EP and can manage to stun 1 for a round or two but end up spending most of the time fighting ST because of their taunts...CSW never untaunts them either. I feel like quitting it altogether.