Crystals : Spend or save?

Axiom
39 posts Member
I started playing about a week ago, currently have 850 crystals. I get 25 from SA daily. Should I spend on energy refreshes or not? If yes how much per day.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Axiom wrote: »
    I started playing about a week ago, currently have 850 crystals. I get 25 from SA daily. Should I spend on energy refreshes or not? If yes how much per day.

Spend all you can now that its double drops. Usually spend the cheap ones if thats 3 crystals and 3 cantina if you can afford that.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Spend all you can now that its double drops. Usually spend the cheap ones if thats 3 crystals and 3 cantina if you can afford that.

So even if I spend all 850 it won't hurt me in the future as I'm f2p? It is really tempting especially with double drop
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    No, it shouldn't hurt unless you really want a mega pack from the store. Those are only good really early on though if you're lacking direction on what you want to farm. Double drops refreshes is a great way to spend crystals
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Thanks for your replies
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Energy refreshes are the best way to spend crystals, especially during double drops. However, as you buy refreshes, the cost goes up for the day, starting after three refreshes.

It's generally not advisable to buy past three refreshes each.
    Still not a he.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    One follow up question : Do these 2x events come by often?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    No. Maybe once or twice a year.
    Still not a he.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    As a newer player, the best way to spend crystals is on energy refreshes to build up a good arena team. As your arena team gets better and ranks higher, you’ll get more crystals. Then after fleet arena opens up, you can get more crystals from there. More crystals = more energy refreshes, which means faster character farming. Top players spend 450 crystals a day to refresh dark side/light side energy and cantine energy 3 times each. But for now, spend according to your income. Each (of the first 3) LS/DS energy refresh costs 50 crystals, and each (of the first 3) cantina energy refresh costs 100 crystals. So if you get 50 crystals a day total between dailies and arena, then you can do one LS/DS energy refresh a day. If you keep focusing on one good team, then you’ll get more crystals to spend and you’ll progress faster.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    One follow up question : Do these 2x events come by often?

They tend to happen when there’s a new Star Wars movie in theaters. So whenever that happens, you can expect double drops.
  • I spend 150 per day on normal energy refreshes, and once a week I spend 300 on Cantina refreshes. Besides that, I save, so that I have a bunch when special events like double drops show up, or when I need to panic farm.

I'm 100% F2P and this has served me well thus far (and yes, I blew my whole savings during this double-drop).
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    As a newer player, the best way to spend crystals is on energy refreshes to build up a good arena team. As your arena team gets better and ranks higher, you’ll get more crystals. Then after fleet arena opens up, you can get more crystals from there. More crystals = more energy refreshes, which means faster character farming. Top players spend 450 crystals a day to refresh dark side/light side energy and cantine energy 3 times each. But for now, spend according to your income. Each (of the first 3) LS/DS energy refresh costs 50 crystals, and each (of the first 3) cantina energy refresh costs 100 crystals. So if you get 50 crystals a day total between dailies and arena, then you can do one LS/DS energy refresh a day. If you keep focusing on one good team, then you’ll get more crystals to spend and you’ll progress faster.

I read Phoenix was the best for early-mid game so that's what I'm focusing on right now.
  • Axiom wrote: »

I read Phoenix was the best for early-mid game so that's what I'm focusing on right now.

Yes Phoenix is very important, with them you can get thrawn which you can then use to get r2 and then cls, and you can also use Phoenix to get EP (which is now great for arena), so definitely a thing to do, unfortunately I didn’t do that and now i still don’t have cls, (I am working on empire to get r2 to 7*). So don’t do it like me
  • Here is my swgoh if you want to have a look?!

https://swgoh.gg/u/dntg/
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member

Good choice!