In Memory of C3PO - Δπ2.

Replies

• Our deepest condolences from all at Mos Eisley Cantina Quartet guild. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and fellow players. Rest peacefully now C3PO
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This is extremely saddening news.
    I have been struggling with Depression for 6 years, along with a couple of other mental health issues/personality disorders ascribed to me.
    I have felt my stance on suicide shift dramatically over these years.
    I used to have a total objection to it, viewed it as a weakness & an extremely selfish act, leaving your loved ones behind to carry perceived guilt for your situation that you couldn't face.

Over the last 5 years my view has shifted to be one of understanding of just how lonely and desperate a place these people must have reached, where they saw this as their only way out.
    I do not wish harm on myself & still do not fully appreciate the mindset someone must be in to reach this point, but I certainly empathise now &, given my own struggles, certainly understand the feeling of being alone against the world & a strong desire for this awful feeling to end, one way or another.

As others have rightly said here, communication does help.
    The main issues stems from where I can hear all the right things & know that they are indisputably correct, but it doesn't change the way my emotions operate.
    Logic & reason do not stop me from feeling like I am at the bottom of an all encompassing black hole & being swallowed up by it.

Speaking to others in a similar position is what I have found to be most beneficial.
    Speaking to family or friends is the worst thing I can do.
    They are too close & do not understand. Describing how I am feeling to my Mother or Sister inevitably makes them feel bad, this then makes them behave differently with me, for fear of worsening my mindset.
    This makes me feel guilty for burdening them & also increase the feelings of isolation.
    I am a long way from being OK, but group sessions with others suffering from similar conditions has been the thing that has helped me the most.
    They do understand. No-one else does.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    My best wishes and feelings for his family and friends in that darkest hour. I am sorry that the comunity dont saw before, but it remember that we need respect each other, that have people behind the accounts and we need more care. Life hits hard sometimes and or words can save or kill in that moments. Fate helped me in my worst times and its natural that we offer what helped us, but everybody have free Will to search his path, with respect and care everybody can find his place in the life
  • Condolences from Fist Full of Wookee
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    So sad. My thoughts and prayers go to all who have been touched here.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    My condolences to family and friends.

Rest in peace.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    :'(
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • That's very sad indeed. My condolences, love and sympathy to his friends and family at this awful, awful time.

Yes, I was going to write something like the below for those in the UK experiencing difficult times -
    If you're in the UK and want to talk to someone but don't feel comfortable talking to family and friends, the Samaritans hotline is manned 24/7 - 116 123.

I am both someone who has dealt with and deals with his own poor mental health as well as being a Samaritan listening volunteer. Sometimes it helps to talk to folks like us...who will never judge, who won't give their opinions...their great ideas...no - we just listen, and help you talk. For some it's invaluable. Because you are never, ever alone.

Peace to C3PO. Love and peace. Fly high, free from the horrible constraints and agonies of mortality.

• Snoova
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I find this news heart breaking. From personal experience, wherein a good friend took his life, I understand how painful this can be. The best advice I can give is to support those who were closest to him. It will mean the world to them because events like this can have a ripple effect on those closest to him, sometimes leading them down a similar path of self-destruction.

Like so many caring people on here have already mentioned - please look for the warning signs because it’s NEVER too early to intervene. I made the mistake of interpreting my friend’s self-deprecating jokes as a way to make others laugh through a dark sense of humor. I was wrong. It was a subtle cry for help and a way to deflect the true issues plaguing him. There’s always some truth behind a joke or comment. I tried to tell myself I didn’t see the warning signs until it was too late, but over time I realized it was just my own way of coping with the loss. Depression is a real thing that can take wonderful people from us too soon.

But please - do not lose hope. Everyone here has the power to save a life. If something feels “off”, it’s probably because it is. I believe everyone in life brings a unique gift to this world. Those with depression may just need a little more guidance and support to find theirs. Help build their confidence, and show them how amazing their contributions can truly be to those around them.

For what it’s worth, I am not a touchy/feely person. However, situations like this remind me how important it is to dip into that realm when it’s needed. Unfortunately, we cannot change the past, but we can shape the future.

Hopefully, this helps in some way and my sincerest condolences.
    Post edited by Snoova on
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Our privilege to play with a man who put on a brave face in light of the darkness he faced. You'll get no judgment from me. I've seen enough close friends and family members go through the same darkness. Some come out born again and some don't.

Ultimately, it's important to know there are resources out there and that, as with any dark time, those feelings of sadness, loneliness, frustration, anger, and fear...eventually pass. That hope is always there.

My condolences to family and friends of C3PO.
  • Heartbreaking.
    10 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Ultimately, it's important to know there are resources out there and that, as with any dark time, those feelings of sadness, loneliness, frustration, anger, and fear...eventually pass. That hope is always there.
    The unfortunate thing with Depression, is that those feelings do not pass & hope is a distant memory.
  • Here from Brazil, my deepest condolences to friends and family

C3PO is now one with the Force.

Stay strong.
  • I hope there are no disrespectful comments on here its not deserved mental health and suicide is not sonething to shun or hide from. No one can ever truly know how someone feels on the inside. Dont be dragged down with the feelings of i should of noticed and i should of done something to help.
    Condolences to the family
  • :'( Very sad
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Condolences to C3P0's family, and to those that tried to help. I've been on the other end of a phone call multiple times with a family member in the process of suicide. It's gut wrenching and a terrifying kind of helpless, and it takes a lot to overcome the paralysis that comes with such a shocking event and act. Respect to you all. Hope you all are handling the churn of emotions that come with being there to help, and not having your friend pull through.
    Finally, rest easy C3P0.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • May he rest in peace.
  • F - to pay respects.
    this is dumb.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Causes of depression
  • Condolences to everyone who knew this player. This kind of thing is heavy, and never something easy to deal with. I would also like to point out the importance for people who were regularly engaging with this player to look after their own mental health, and if they need counseling, to talk to people, help or whatever else, to make sure they seek it out.

There's an increased risk of suicide among people who've had someone close to them take their own life. So please make sure you're looking after your mental health, and focusing on the positive things in your lives. It's important.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    RIP
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Very sad to hear. To echo others in this thread if you know or think someone is struggling, ACT!! (Ask, Care, Treat). Ask them if they are going to hurt themselves, care about what they are saying, and stay with them while you contact medical professionals.

My condolences from Degeneration X/FGI
  • Condolences from krath guardians
  • Deepest condolences from the French Resistance.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I took some time to thoroughly read each of the posts here. Condolences have been said, thoughts and prayers have been given, and sympathy/empathy has been related. None of it changes the tragedy of a lost life, and the impact that has on friends, family, and anyone else’s life he may have touched during his time on this earth.

What it does change, is spreading a message of awareness and solution, so that any other person that struggles with the same, or similar conditions may find a path to peace. I’d like to share my personal experience at different points in life with suicidal intentions and ideation.
    Clinical depression works in many different ways and develops from so many circumstances, the science behind it seems limitless. What’s very plain and simple to me, is the undeniable sense of hopelessness, anguish, and despair that overwhelms the psyche, with the sense of feeling trapped without any way out. This is a large part of what directly led to my addiction, and I’m grateful to say that I’m now 2 years sober, working in a rehabilitation center for addicts and alcoholics to help others, the same way staff helped saved my life.

A catalyst event in my life was when I attempted, and failed, to commit suicide. As a result, my addiction spiraled out of control as the only method I knew how to change the way I felt. I won’t preach my personal solution from Alcoholics Anonymous, but what I will say is that no person is beyond redemption. Nobody is truly hopeless, no matter how certain we are of that feeling. There is a way out of that feeling.

I’ve lost a lot of friends to intentional overdoses because they forgot what solution looked like after discontinuing their programs of recovery. The only option in front of us is to grow however we can - because somebody else doesn’t have to die for you to make it, and you don’t have to die for someone else to make it. If you struggle with that, and are hesitant to reach out to professional help, please feel free to contact me personally, as a perfect stranger, even if it’s just to talk when you need someone to listen. I answer random numbers: (512) 590-0053. Just ask for a Friend of Bill (AA code).

I don’t want to offend anyone, but I removed the religious debate posts. This is not the time or place. All forms of solution should be welcome in a time of mourning, for anyone that can take away something good from it. None of us know if that post may save a life. But I know it won’t save anyone’s life if it isn’t there.

(I’ve shared this thread on some discord servers. My guild, First Dis0rder, is also spreading this awareness. It is my hope that awareness of your friend’s story will touch someone’s life. The smallest actions can make a world of difference. May the Force be you. Always.)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Howler
    18 posts Member
    My condolences and prayers to family and friends.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Devastating to hear, I hope their loved ones are handling everything okay.

And, as a moderation note, I've removed/edited some posts as this isn't the place to be discussing the merits of certain coping mechanisms. Please just be mindful that this isn't a thread where we should be talking about if solution X is good or not, we're here to remember a fan and community member.

Thanks.