Imperial trooper, worth it?!

I recently got the idea to upgrade my imperial trooper after I got my death trooper to gear 11, I looked on swgoh.gg and they don’t look hard to gear up, I also saw some videos and they look useful. So I started yesterday to gear up my imp trooper and that is the line up I want to do: veers lead, thrawn, snowtrooper, shore trooper, and death trooper is that a good line up?
Here is my swgoh.gg:
https://swgoh.gg/u/dntg/

As you can see my veers and snow are gear 8, I will unlock shore in not that long and I got thrawn already at gear 11, so is it a good choice or should I focus on other characters?

Replies

• Options
    Imperial Troopers are definitely worth it.

However, I would recommend this course of action: Get your phoenix to 7* so that you can 7* Thrawn. Get your Veers and Thrawn to 7* that way you can 7* R2-D2. After you have 7* R2, you can get CLS. CLS will change your game significantly and allow you to basically do anything.

After CLS I'd say farm ImpTroop/Nightsisters as a side project but mainly farm for JTR, who will change your game as well. However, you seem to prefer dark side with Empire and Sith, so I'd also farm up your Sion, he deserves a lot more love than you're giving him.
  • Options
    With a Zeta on Veers the imp troopers are real fun! They are not much usefull for pvp (once a imp trooper team at TW defence gave us the win as our last standing team) but they are very good at pve content.
  • Options
    Troopers are very fun in PvE, not so great in PvP.

If anything, it's worth machine gunning all the murder bears in the Empire v. Ewok event...
  • Options
    Imperial Troopers are definitely worth it.

However, I would recommend this course of action: Get your phoenix to 7* so that you can 7* Thrawn. Get your Veers and Thrawn to 7* that way you can 7* R2-D2. After you have 7* R2, you can get CLS. CLS will change your game significantly and allow you to basically do anything.

After CLS I'd say farm ImpTroop/Nightsisters as a side project but mainly farm for JTR, who will change your game as well. However, you seem to prefer dark side with Empire and Sith, so I'd also farm up your Sion, he deserves a lot more love than you're giving him.

I am already farming a team for r2: EP, DV, GMT, DT and ST, they will do it easy especially with my EP zeta, I haven’t focused on Phoenix yet (because I don’t like them but also because I got better to do) because my thrawn does the job, the only reason for me to put him to 7* is for the raid but definitely something to do for the future. Imp trooper can really be good in arena too and I left Sion behind because he was only 3* but after I put nihilus to 7*(50shards away) and unlocked shore, I will focus on putting him at least to 5* and then i’ll Do the same for shore, JTR is another thing to do
  • Options
    ITs are very strong except for Magma, you most definitely need Veers (leader duh) and Starck (very good buffs) the problem is you now have 2 great attackers and 2 great tanks to choose from and now it depends on your playstyle

Shore is great, taunt as well as heal and crit immunity is hard to look past so he automatically gets dibs, Snow has a extremely powerful aoe he can keep using over and over, that leaves Storm and Death, Storm is a very good tank before Shore thanks to his defense up as well as 30% defense to IT allies, giving all allies a solid 80% defense, Death however has daze and aoe dispell so he is good too, but the issue is Death is a painfully long farm.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ITs are very strong except for Magma

Magma (paired with Thrawn and DT) is good in STR.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ITs are very strong except for Magma, you most definitely need Veers (leader duh) and Starck (very good buffs) the problem is you now have 2 great attackers and 2 great tanks to choose from and now it depends on your playstyle

Shore is great, taunt as well as heal and crit immunity is hard to look past so he automatically gets dibs, Snow has a extremely powerful aoe he can keep using over and over, that leaves Storm and Death, Storm is a very good tank before Shore thanks to his defense up as well as 30% defense to IT allies, giving all allies a solid 80% defense, Death however has daze and aoe dispell so he is good too, but the issue is Death is a painfully long farm.

I thought about putting thrawn in, my line up: veers lead, death, snow, thrawn, shore. I almost got death at 5* and I am going to need to farm shore and veers from hard nodes(gonna take ages) and for my snow, I managed to put him to 6* 45 shards just from ally point packs which is crazy, it saved me a lot of time, I don’t think I need starch though.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Imperial troopers in the arena are a sliding scale.

Five trooper Veers lead is not a good idea in the arena.

There are four, three, two, and one-trooper configurations that can work out quite well.

Personally, I run a Thrawn and four troopers configuration in the arena. It's a fun team, but I don't recommend it, but I'm kind of locked into it until I free up some resources from other commitments. And probably until I get JTR. For PvE, though, it's great, and on arena offense, it's a decent counter to nightmare, as Vader feeds the party a ton of turn meter with Force Crush.

A Krennic troopers lineup is as close as I'd recommend to a full trooper team as I'd recommend, and even that's fairly dated. Krennic, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, zVeers, and either Thrawn or Starck. Preferably Thrawn, as his interaction with Krennic's leader ability is hilarious.

Veers' leader ability, unfortunately, isn't great. And Empire has a lot of great leader abilities. His unique is more important to empower troopers, so unless you're forced into Veers lead, like for the IPD fight, it's usually best to use a different Empire lead.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Veers lead maybe isnt the best but consider this, you have to drop a IT unique shared bonus and a lot of them are good
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Nice perks, but not good enough to make up for losing out on a stronger leadership bonus.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Imperial troopers in the arena are a sliding scale.

Five trooper Veers lead is not a good idea in the arena.

There are four, three, two, and one-trooper configurations that can work out quite well.

Personally, I run a Thrawn and four troopers configuration in the arena. It's a fun team, but I don't recommend it, but I'm kind of locked into it until I free up some resources from other commitments. And probably until I get JTR. For PvE, though, it's great, and on arena offense, it's a decent counter to nightmare, as Vader feeds the party a ton of turn meter with Force Crush.

A Krennic troopers lineup is as close as I'd recommend to a full trooper team as I'd recommend, and even that's fairly dated. Krennic, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, zVeers, and either Thrawn or Starck. Preferably Thrawn, as his interaction with Krennic's leader ability is hilarious.

Veers' leader ability, unfortunately, isn't great. And Empire has a lot of great leader abilities. His unique is more important to empower troopers, so unless you're forced into Veers lead, like for the IPD fight, it's usually best to use a different Empire lead.

I am not looking to use them in arena but in PVE like territory wars and battle and have some fun with them, if I manage to put all of them to gear 11 I will consider to put them in arena (the trooper I planned to gear up are fairly easy to gear up) I already have death and thrawn at gear 11 anyway, snow and veers are working towards gear 9 (maybe this week both will be at gear 9) and shore, well for him I will invest a lot of time in him and a lot of guild currency too
  • Options
    If anything, it's worth machine gunning all the murder bears in the Empire v. Ewok event...

I'm sold lol! :smiley:
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, but a trooper team in itself is insanely good. Don't bother putting the best character in the game with them. Instead, free him up, and put starck in his place in the team.

I also feel that the amount of tm starck offers under veers lead(which i feel is really good in pve) is absolutely vital to the team to get their attacks off first. Meta team for troopers is your team -thrawn +starck btw.

Each, and i mean each and every trooper in the game is a beast. They all play a part, in atleast one important aspect of the game. Farm them all, and get them to g11. And don't think they are easy to gear up either. They require a lot of nubian design techs, security scanners, stun cuffs to get there.

But yes, they are worth it.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, but a trooper team in itself is insanely good. Don't bother putting the best character in the game with them. Instead, free him up, and put starck in his place in the team.

I also feel that the amount of tm starck offers under veers lead(which i feel is really good in pve) is absolutely vital to the team to get their attacks off first. Meta team for troopers is your team -thrawn +starck btw.

Each, and i mean each and every trooper in the game is a beast. They all play a part, in atleast one important aspect of the game. Farm them all, and get them to g11. And don't think they are easy to gear up either. They require a lot of nubian design techs, security scanners, stun cuffs to get there.

But yes, they are worth it.

The gearing up doesn’t scare me, I already have DT gear 11 and I know shore is the hardest of the bunch, I won’t upgrade starck now because I need that guild currency for gear to upgrade my snow and veers, I will be able to put veers and snow to gear 11 though, it will take a bit of time but it’s fine.