Hey, can we maybe, i dont know, nerf the chimeara?

Jedi_Bane
311 posts Member
Pretty sure it was only made better with the new update.

Its most devastating ability (the one that grants allied attackers offense up and enemies offense down etc) doesnt even start on cooldown like tarkin's offense up + TM gain. It has a 2 turn faster ultimate than any other capital ship (already accounting for the "increase cooldown on enemy capital ship by 1").

Since a lot of people are having trouble reaching even 3 or 4 ships after the second round chimeara's ability is just insanely OP. I cant count how many battles I lose to chimeara just because he gets to use his ultimate before me.

The real problem is that chimeara was optimal for 5v5 combat because it killed 1 ship outright, and heavily damaged the other 4 while healing its allies to prepare for an executrix tie strike. Now, i am lucky to have 2 or 3 ships on the battlefield when chimeara uses its ultimate. Even better, executrix's ultimate took a huge hit to damage so even when i do get it off, it barely scratches the other team.

The only real solution to this problem is one of a couple things: hit the speed of chimeara real hard; reduce cooldown of executrix ultimate; eliminate heal factor of chimeara ultimate. I am sure there are others, feel free to voice possible solutions to this chimeara problem below.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    3 executrixes in my top5
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Problem is largely related to fleet quality, no likely related to the cap ship at all.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I wish the forum had a nerf request filter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    3 executrixes in my top5

But what do *you* run?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It will take a while for fleet to normalize. Right now, there are way more people with a G12 Thrawn than a G12 Tarkin, Ackbar, or Mace. We won't know how this change really impacts things until folks ain't running on whatever they happened to have lying around.

Also, Executrix's unique capstone that grants allies +20% TM every time a ship dies is good. Like, ridiculously good.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    3 executrixes in my top5

But what do *you* run?

chimeara, but that's just because my thrawn is full max.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    3 executrixes in my top5

But what do *you* run?

chimeara, but that's just because my thrawn is full max.

Lol my thrawn is golden too but i lack the prestige to actually level his abilities
  • Pinkz
    29 posts Member
    Options

Its most devastating ability (the one that grants allied attackers offense up and enemies offense down etc) doesnt even start on cooldown like tarkin's offense up + TM gain. It has a 2 turn faster ultimate than any other capital ship (already accounting for the "increase cooldown on enemy capital ship by 1").

Since a lot of people are having trouble reaching even 3 or 4 ships after the second round chimeara's ability is just insanely OP. I cant count how many battles I lose to chimeara just because he gets to use his ultimate before me.

The real problem is that chimeara was optimal for 5v5 combat because it killed 1 ship outright, and heavily damaged the other 4 while healing its allies to prepare for an executrix tie strike. Now, i am lucky to have 2 or 3 ships on the battlefield when chimeara uses its ultimate. Even better, executrix's ultimate took a huge hit to damage so even when i do get it off, it barely scratches the other team.

The only real solution to this problem is one of a couple things: hit the speed of chimeara real hard; reduce cooldown of executrix ultimate; eliminate heal factor of chimeara ultimate. I am sure there are others, feel free to voice possible solutions to this chimeara problem below.

It has been nerfed already ffs. Akbar’s capital ship is part of the new META with the geo’s.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    Pinkz wrote: »

It has been nerfed already ffs. Akbar’s capital ship is part of the new META with the geo’s.

Can you tell me what was nerfed? I dont really see a difference with its kit. If anything, it was buffed. The 4 turn cooldown on the ultimate used to be an upgrade, now it is that way be default
  • Options
    They actually did nerf the Chimaera. Everyone is going to keep using it for awhile though while they gear up Ackbar, who will likely become the new dominant ship as people finish farming up Geos and get their rebels back in shape. The super buffs to Ackbar's kit are going to make him hard to beat with a frontline Biggs. Even Cass's U-wing with its 60% passive counter attack chance or Slave-1's Reinforcement counter/retribution is looking pretty good there. Everybody already knows Geos are dumb with him.

Just wait, everyone will be whining about Ackbar soon enough and the top slots will be packed with them.