Titles

Loose_Lee
2733 posts Member
More! Aside from vanity, there's always a possibility (hint, hint) we could attain some faction titles that provide bonuses to specific groups, add a bit of synergy to give an edge. Maybe titles that only apply in TW or arena or TB etc...Many possibilities. Just a thought.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    We definitely need more.

But I would rather they removed titles entirely than provide any material benefit. The entire point of them is that they’re optional. If there’s even a little bit of benefit or exclusive content/rewards then they become a player burden that has to be ground out. That builds resentment. Do not ever do this thing.

Keep them vanity rewards only. Make one per faction at least.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    That would be sweet, especially for sub-meta factions like Jedi.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I understand your point NicWester about the possibility of resentment due to having to do yet another thing in game. I do think you could include some minor incentives and titles for doing odd things in the game.

For Example:

Title: Lawbringer
    Reward: MK3 Carbanti
    Acquired: Use CUP, Ugnaught, and Clone Sarge to beat level 2 of Credit Heist.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    About 20 years ago the first MMORPG introduced titles that when earned gave minor benefits. It’s not a new concept. What will inevitably happen though is your title from one faction will help a different factions meta more and you will see a Sith Lord running a Rogue One team or something like that.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    More! Aside from vanity, there's always a possibility (hint, hint) we could attain some faction titles that provide bonuses to specific groups, add a bit of synergy to give an edge. Maybe titles that only apply in TW or arena or TB etc...Many possibilities. Just a thought.

I've read and also heard in CG's posts and videos that sometimes they like to dip their toes in the water with new content, feel out the response, and then adjust/add to it.

I really, sincerely hope that this was that test, and that a shipload more come.

Instead of combat bonuses as rewards for titles. I would rather have titles that offered an in-game bonus along the lines of +1% gear/character drop rates.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    I understand your point NicWester about the possibility of resentment due to having to do yet another thing in game. I do think you could include some minor incentives and titles for doing odd things in the game.

For Example:

Title: Lawbringer
    Reward: MK3 Carbanti
    Acquired: Use CUP, Ugnaught, and Clone Sarge to beat level 2 of Credit Heist.

I could get behind something like this.
  • Options
    Yeah. Let’s rip World of Warcraft off completely. We’ll have factions you can earn titles and gear from. And there will be class halls where you can gain a battle buddy to help you on quests. And you can send your team on missions to get gear and gold. And there’s a forge that allows you to create your mythic weapon....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. Let’s rip World of Warcraft off completely. We’ll have factions you can earn titles and gear from. And there will be class halls where you can gain a battle buddy to help you on quests. And you can send your team on missions to get gear and gold. And there’s a forge that allows you to create your mythic weapon....

The funny thing about this is that these are all features WoW ripped off of Old Republic.