An evaluation of ships 2.0

Georgemi6
1209 posts Member
edited May 2018
Alright. It’s been several days now. I decided I’d give 3v3 a chance before I got into this and made a fool of myself arguing in the forums over something I don’t know enough about. But now I believe that I’ve had enough experience to effectively criticize ships 2.0 and everything that came in the wake of it. I will split it into a few points (not so someone can come and write a one sentence rebuttal for each of the points) so that I can effectively discuss all of the major criticisms I and many others have with this new system in order from the least bad to the very worst. And if you want to criticize this comment, then read the whole thing. Here we go:

1. The buffs and reinforcement bonuses
I’ve never been one to shy away from a good buff. Some ships need help, that’s just a fact. It’s great to see that the geonoseans got some help, and that they might be pretty good now. That’s cool. It’s also nice to see that you’re (attempting) to revitalize mace and ackbar. That’s pretty neat. The reinforcement bonuses are a nifty change, and spice things up a bit. One thing that’s kind of gone unnoticed (at least from what I’ve seen on the forums) is how frikin’ OP Vader has gotten. I think he deserves it. Rey’s falcon is great too. But anyway, the big thing I’m disappointed with is Slave 1. Everyone is parading it around as something more than it actually is, but it’s stewpid (<—that is not a swear word, now go away) that it has to taunt as soon as it comes into the battle. It is obviously meant to be a long term ship, with an ability with a cooldown and a large health pool. Well, you can’t use it now when the ship is killed in 20 seconds. The rest of them are OK though, I guess. My one change for this would be to maybe have different bonuses that you can select. I don’t know. This is just my 2 cents. And if I’m “playing the game wrong,” consider that I’ve been around the top 20 since ships launched, and I’m still hanging around there now.

2. The nerfs
So this is a bit more personal to me, as I’m sure it is to many. I don’t care about ships/characters becoming irrelevant because of shifts in the meta. I’m used to that with squad arena. But what I cannot forgive is the blatant and merciless destruction of the TIE reaper. I don’t even care as much that it’s unusable, more that it’s such a difficult farm. Imagine if you nerfed Sion, or nihilus tomorrow. That would [word for unfavorable]. I don’t know if it was intentional, but the current format doesn’t allow ships like the reaper to shine, or even survive long enough to make an impact on the battle. We’ll get into that later. The next one is TIE fighter. This ship is available to literally everyone and most long term players probably have it at 7*. People have complained about its evasion for a really long time. But dang. This ship is almost useless now, or at least not as good (it’s still decent, but it’s whole kit relies on evasion, so what the heck). Remember way back like a few months ago, when to nerf JTR and CLS, they released characters? And used those characters to shift the meta away from those toons? We’ll kiss that goodbye. We’re back to everyone’s favorites; deliberate and blatant nerfs just because people can’t plan ahead far enough to release ships in a timely order and balance the game out. This reminds me of when chaze was the thing way back when. Half the dang forum was screaming nerf, but it never came. Now, people are begging for the opposite, and you ignore it. What? And worst of all probably is endurance. Like seriously, what were you guys thinking? All of ships has been a mess since 2016, but dang, this has to take the cake. Damage immunity was unique and kind of allowed endurance to stand out from the other capital ships. But now we get undispelable protection up. Great. Whatever. An update with the intention of diversifying the game has ruined part of it.

3. 3v3
Gross. Have you ever had an experience with something so awful that it just ruins your mood and makes you hate life just by being reminded of it? Well, I think you can see where I’m going with this. “Oohhh well it improves diversity n’Stuff.” Go to your fleet arena. Go to ranks. Scroll around and count how many tarkins and thrawns you see. Now neck yourself. (That means slap yourself on the back of your neck, because you made a claim or performed and action that is either false or foolish.) I’ve already found what might be the new meta. Not geonosians, not anything new, but the same stuff we’ve had; Vader, TIE fighter (of some kind) and Biggs, with Slave 1 in the reinforcements and 3 other ships (maybe FOTP, umbaran, or scimitar). I’ve used this team many times these past few days, and met me tell you, it is as frustratingly easy to win as it is for Ryan Johnson to write a terrible movie script (you know he hadn’t even seen TFA when he wrote TLJ’s script? What a ****). I and many other predicted that this misjudged attempt at making the game more diverse would do just the opposite, or do nothing at all. Well, so far we’ve been correct. Most battles have ended with Thrawn charging up Strategic dominance and just ending it there. And if you noticed, I’m using Slave 1, the ship kit I said I now hate. Why? Because it works. This stewpid change has forced me to use a strategy that I hate, and has completely changed the roles of so many ships. But worst of all perhaps is in the name. I remember someone said that they wanted to change fleet battles from something of a large naval battle to a dog fight. It’s called FLEET battles, not dogfights. if you want 3v3, add in a separate mode. Don’t ruin the main section.

4. The new ships
If you’re confused by why I have a section for this, it’s because we haven’t gotten any new ships in, what, 5 months? I believe that FOSFTF and the TIE slicer/silencer were the last ones. Looking back, here is everything we have gotten in ships’ 1 and a half year life (that I remember at least): the starting ships, Vader’s TIE, the rogue one ships (3), (big gap), the rebels ships (3), chimera, the death of all diversity, and all of the great TLJ stuff we’ve gotten. We started the game with 3 geonosians, and 3 separatists. We have waited a year and a half and we get nothing, except for the reworks which I’ll admit are impressive. But how the mother effing F do you expect these guys to exist without a dang capital ship? The fact that you even showed developer footage of these guys like they were going to be amazing and didn’t even hint at or visibly consider adding a separatists capital ship is both a showing of blatant disregard for any sort of care for people who ask for new content and a slap to the face of the many who have wanted new capital ships since December of 2016. And despite all this, you still have people who play this game. You guys have screwed up a lot the last 2 years, but we still play this game. Why? Because when you turn an ear in our direction and actually listen to what we want before blindly throwing together a lazy and sloppy solution, you actually do good. This game doesn’t have to go the route of BF II. Listen to what the fans want, and you’ll be surprised about how little backlash you’ll get. It’s crazy, I know. Get rid of this 3v3 garbage, and wipe the slate clean. Create a real solution instead of lazily throwing together some half-[donkey]ed excuse about player satisfaction. When you look at the requests of people on the forums about ships, they’re asking for new capital ships, or revitalization of old ships. No one asked for 3v3. You claim you’ve communicated more effectively, but all I see is another failure of an operation that you blindly started before looking at what we’re asking for. If you really want to keep 3v3, make it in PvE. That’s what it was intended for, right? Change it to 5v5 again. Now quit being a fool, and fix this mess you made.
Post edited by Georgemi6 on

Replies

  • dimi4a
    1029 posts Member
    ****, no mercy brother! I'm with you on 1000%! I've always said that overall CG have bad planning, lack of imagination and most of the time they don't listen to the players, just like Rian Johnson didn't listen to the fans!
  • 100% agree. Great post
  • I think there should be speedor battles
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    ****, no mercy brother! I'm with you on 1000%! I've always said that overall CG have bad planning, lack of imagination and most of the time they don't listen to the players, just like Rian Johnson didn't listen to the fans!

    That ain't true people have been calling and saying embo embo embo and who did they give us embo
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    dimi4a wrote: »
    ****, no mercy brother! I'm with you on 1000%! I've always said that overall CG have bad planning, lack of imagination and most of the time they don't listen to the players, just like Rian Johnson didn't listen to the fans!

    That ain't true people have been calling and saying embo embo embo and who did they give us embo

    You just got a thing for necroing threads for kicks don’t ya
  • Dk_rek
    2390 posts Member
    Go back to 5 starting now cause HT is immortal game broke
  • For those just seeing this now, most of these opinions still stand 2 months later. As I predicted, we would get the 2.0 update so we could stall on more ships content that people actually wanted. Yes we got the falcon (still not the OG Han and Chewie one), the sith star fighter, and hound’s “enfys nest” tooth, but those releases were few and far between. I do sincerely hope that the predictions for SEPtember (separatists faction pass) come true, because so far we have really gotten nothing until very recently.

    I do think I was a bit harsh in some of my points, but I still sorely miss 5v5 and the fun times I had with it. 3v3 is just as stagnant as I had thought it would be, and same goes for the content releases so far. I really hope that this page gets seen, although I believe it will be shut down soon due to necroing. Anyone out there who shares these opinions make your voices heard
    Thanks
  • Gorem
    1077 posts Member
    All I want them to do is fix the difficulty of ship challenges now, its obvious we stuck with 2.0 but seriously, ship challenges should not be this hard. (yay for completing them before the change). Its good that they did fix the first level challenges that was preventing new players from actually completing their dailies (Yay I unlocked access to ships, wait, what do you mean I can't do all my dailies now).

    But like, I just did the five star required Ackbar capital ship run cause I finally got around to getting my sixth five star lightside ship, starting lineup included a seven starred toon Gx with a seven star ship, jedi consular.

    Against the enemy jedi consular, on a "five star required" node, the enemy ship? was faster, dealt more damage and had more health and protection.

    I still managed to do it barring my bad luck with TL never happening. It was one of the hardest fights I've done. How is a new player going to manage that? They won't be able to. Its not just about hitting five stars, its about maxxing everything to just scrape by and just complete it with good rng.
  • dimi4a
    1029 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    For those just seeing this now, most of these opinions still stand 2 months later. As I predicted, we would get the 2.0 update so we could stall on more ships content that people actually wanted. Yes we got the falcon (still not the OG Han and Chewie one), the sith star fighter, and hound’s “enfys nest” tooth, but those releases were few and far between. I do sincerely hope that the predictions for SEPtember (separatists faction pass) come true, because so far we have really gotten nothing until very recently.

    I do think I was a bit harsh in some of my points, but I still sorely miss 5v5 and the fun times I had with it. 3v3 is just as stagnant as I had thought it would be, and same goes for the content releases so far. I really hope that this page gets seen, although I believe it will be shut down soon due to necroing. Anyone out there who shares these opinions make your voices heard
    Thanks

    +1000!!!
  • Hazakar
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    YES!!

    Another issue is the range of the RNG outcomes. Too often fleets 50k less than mine get lucky and I lose a battle and it seems like the AI gets a stupid bump to overall effectiveness. Why does a ship with 5k less power hit me for 2x as much damage as my same, more powerful, ship does to the AI? That is the seriously frustrating part of this. On my shard unless you are willing to dump $ refreshing and doing arena ship battles over and over you aren't going to stay top 100 daily. We all have the same fleets, just the people willing to run 20 ship battles a day get the upper slots, not those with the best/most powerful fleets. It borders on the absurd at times. Rework ships.

    If it weren't for the zeta from arena store ships would be ignored.
  • Corruptor
    277 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Hazakar wrote: »
    YES!!

    Another issue is the range of the RNG outcomes. Too often fleets 50k less than mine get lucky and I lose a battle and it seems like the AI gets a **** bump to overall effectiveness. Why does a ship with 5k less power hit me for 2x as much damage as my same, more powerful, ship does to the AI? That is the seriously frustrating part of this. On my shard unless you are willing to dump $ refreshing and doing arena ship battles over and over you aren't going to stay top 100 daily. We all have the same fleets, just the people willing to run 20 ship battles a day get the upper slots, not those with the best/most powerful fleets. It borders on the absurd at times. Rework ships.

    If it weren't for the zeta from arena store ships would be ignored.

    Yep and all the gear 8-11 characters go faster than my gear 12. Trash.
  • Months later and 2.0 is still trash. This thread isn't a necro as such, because these RNG problems still plague the majority of the player base.

    If they can ruin ships so badly and still get away with it, i do seriously hope they nerf the NS cheese. Because no matter who comes along with their pitchforks and stuff, these people will never stand down IMO.
  • Months later and 2.0 is still trash. This thread isn't a necro as such, because these RNG problems still plague the majority of the player base.

    If they can ruin ships so badly and still get away with it, i do seriously hope they nerf the NS cheese. Because no matter who comes along with their pitchforks and stuff, these people will never stand down IMO.

    lol NS cheese...give me a break.. move down to a guild where you can be top 10 easy peazy
Sign In or Register to comment.