Energy

Richie7771
65 posts Member
edited May 2018
Given all the new and extra kitten we have to do now, surely it's time to increase the energy cap??

Obviously CG wants us to buy more refreshes and pocket them a cash windfall, but 144 energy doesn't go far enough given that 8 battles are now normal for hard nodes. It's like the British economy up in here.....everything costs more and everything goes up......except for wages!!

C'mon man throw us a bone

P.S ships rework sucks, at first i thought it was my rage getting the better of me, but it's not. Almost everyone i know from many guilds and shards thinks the same
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Stay on target.

Energy is a huge issue. The paltry sum we earn is not enough. There are many things in this game that need fixed immediately, energy cost of nodes lowered or give us more energy definitely tops the list.
  • *CG doesn't increase hard node tries*

C'mOn CG, thAt'S nOt eNoUGh tRiEs tO fARm haRd NoDE cHarECteRs!

*CG increase hard node tries to 8(!!)*

C'mOn CG, thAt's nOT eNoUGh eNErgY tO fARm haRd NoDE cHarECteRs!

Ps. Please, Carrie, do us a favor by reducing the tries to 6 or 7 nodes. You know, a middle ground where people can't complain.. Lol not happening. XD

Pps. Oh yeah, gotta agree with that lol. Ship rework sucks, makes it insanely rng dependent. Just.., increase the ships to 5.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Richie7771 wrote: »
    Given all the new and extra **** we have to do now, surely it's time to increase the energy cap??

What extra stuff? Energy is as always only used in the LS/DS campaigns. What's new?
    Yes, they change the tuesday daily guild challenge, and hence lowered the income of guild tokens slightly, but that hardly is an argument for increasing energy cap.

If you come up with bwtter reasons, I might support the idea.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_Leviathan some communication on this would be appreciated

So....2 hours after your initial post, you post this? During the US AM hours? Yes, surely they will respond immediately now.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    My suggestion would not be to increase the energy cap. My suggestion would be to decrease the time it takes to produce the energy. This serves a lot of purposes, mutually beneficial between the company and player base:
    1) incentivizes players to be more active at random intervals throughout the day without inducing a time-sink effect.

2) allows players the sense of instant-gratification, and encourages a balanced effect of spending crystals several times throughout the day for two runs of energy at a time when checking in, as opposed to all-at-once at daily reset.

3) allows the community to keep up with the 8-cap of hard node battles, at least a little closer to a ratio of being able to do an entire node in one sitting if you sit down to play with max energy and stay engaged for more than 10 minutes. That’s 7 battles, then a wait-time for one battle while you do other stuff like raids/arena/TW/TB. Set aside the 3 intervals of extra energy, also opportunities to purchase a refresh with that boost to complete full nodes at once.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • As much I would love extra energy i'm not too sure that the 8 cap on nodes has really changed all that much. It all depends on how much you are trying to farm at once. Just the free energy gives you nearly enough to do a 20 energy node completely. After that it does come down to the age old resource management argument.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    We're getting more energy, guys. An entire new type of energy in fact. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Waqui Given that it takes 160 energy to do 8 hard node battles for sion, talzin and zombie etc.....THIS is the extra stuff i'm referring too. Are you forgetting that they've added extra things like reinforcement abilities to a cantina node now as well meaning that your energy does not go as far it should given the amount we have to spend daily.

The amount of energy goes axactly as far as it always did. You can do the exact same amount af battles (assuming the same energy cost per node).

They have added things to farm and removed others, yes, but why should that justify a demand to do more battles? We were simply given more options to choose from. And they increased the number of battles per node fra 3 to 8, yes, but again: Why should that justify a demand to do more battles per day?

Following your logic, a mid level player should have much more energy, since there are so many things to farm, whereas long—time players, who've completed most of the farmable characters should have less energy, since we don't have much left to farm.
    Therefore you have to refresh at least once to do all 8 battles. And if like me, and a helluva lot of other people i know, you're trying to farm these hard to acquire characters then this is real drain on your resource management.

As always, you need to manage your resources. Crystals and energy are some of those resources. If you can't have it all, then you need to decide what to farm today and what to leave for future farming. That's essential to the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is only one way they have ever increased the energy cap.....

If you think a level cap increase will give you "less to do" you are sorely mistaken.

There isnt really more to do, just more you can do. But dont worry it's coming. Like it or not, this year we will see at least 2 of 3 things, level cap increase, gear level increase, higher for mods.
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    thanks for the clarification @Kyno I i'm not bothered about a level cap increase....just solely the energy cap increase. There just isn't enough energy to go round. We've had multiple power creeps and many many content updates etc, yet the energy level has remained at 144 since game launch 2.5 years ago

I think that's what kyno is saying. Energy was increased with level when you started so when they increase to 90 or maybe 100 we should see an increase in available energy too. In saying that, I never fill my energy bars as I'm active enough to keep them under 144.. it's an increase in energy production that would be more beneficial.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, that is correct.

Energy is just one more layer of resources that need to be managed.

If/when we do get more energy, it wont be much so I dont think it will help. They would also need to rebalance the 600/30k relationship. I cant imagine they will want people to get full tickets without buying a refresh.