Glitches happen

Aliea
63 posts Member
I am probably going to get a lot of flack for saying this but, glitches do happen. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. EA/CG tried to do a great thing to compensate players for a schedule change even though the event calendar states "subject to change." Not all players received the promised rewrds. They are researching the problem. Computer programming has bugs and flaws that takes time to resolve. I would assume that the players affected will be compensated more for this problem. I apologize in advance if this offends some people's sensibilities.

Replies

• Spang
    286 posts Member
    Aliea wrote: »
    I am probably going to get a lot of flack for saying this but, glitches do happen. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. EA/CG tried to do a great thing to compensate players for a schedule change even though the event calendar states "subject to change." Not all players received the promised rewrds. They are researching the problem. Computer programming has bugs and flaws that takes time to resolve. I would assume that the players affected will be compensated more for this problem. I apologize in advance if this offends some people's sensibilities.

I don't care about not getting the rewards since Friday (well, in some extent I do, but I'm not going to rant on this forum because of that). Of course they can cancel anytime anything. Though they promised we get the rewards, and now those who didn't get them feel being cheated. Especially because this glitch happened during double drops, which would have meant a much more effective use of those sweet crystals. Add to this that I think this glitch wouldn't cause that much uproar if nobody had got the rewards. So people now feel double cheated, because they fear of disadvantage in a highly competitive game.

What bothers me is that this was not the first time something similar had happened. Pushing out new content/rewards/anything on Friday EOB then going to enjoy (a long) weekend like nothing wrong could happen is not entirely correct treatment of (paying) customers, especially given their history of bugs/glitches in the updates.

Nonetheless I trust them to make things right, because they always do. But let me ask this: why do they do their business in this way? This is not good for players, this is not good even for them, or EA's reputation. Wouldn't it be much-much simpler to push content out on let's say Wednesday? Then they would have 2 days to correct glitches and bugs, and everybody could enjoy the new content and the weekend in peace.
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    No argument there.
  • There is a reason I have stopped supporting this game financially since quite a while ago... they simply have not shown that they appreciate my business.
  • I agree 100% spang, we'll said