Different ways to run hpit

Hi, so our current method is 24hr 0dmg with ffa after that. Pit lasts 15 min on average which some don't like. What other methods have you guys come up with that satisfy high gp players and low gp players in different time zones alike? Thanks

Replies

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Can't speak to running at different times but for our typical HPit (Wednesday and Saturday) it's a FFA after 24 hours, however you can't kill it for 20 minutes. That gives stragglers a chance to get in and at least do some damage. And then on Thursday we run a "Baby Pit" where anyone who can solo or already has a 7* Han posts a zero, everyone else FFA after 24 hours. Pretty soon we'll need to come up with a new Baby Pit though, as most people will have 7* Han soon. Possibly a GP limit instead, where everyone over a certain GP posts a zero.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    You can't please everyone..... Your rule is the same as ours and it works...
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    The workaround for time zone differences is starting the raids on a rotating schedule. For example we do 3 or 4 HRs/week rotating between 6am, 12pm, and 6pm PDT. The bonus (4th) raid always starts at the same time. Europeans, for example, are missing the 6pm raids, but can participate in the other 2 or 3. US-based players may now wake up for the 6am raids. And so on.

What's the exact problem with high and low GP players?
  • High gp players want to auto the pit... but it crushes the rancor in like 15 min which leaves no time for smaller players to do any dmg since by the time they come out of their first encounter the pit is over
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Then they need to work on their squads......

If high GP players want to solo it, they just need to get in and start the battle, but wait 10-15 minutes to attack....
  • @TVF I like the baby pit idea....i think I'll mention that and see what kind of response I get. Ty
  • Dblade21
    167 posts Member
    We dont allow any damage higher than 4m to be posted until 20 minutes have passed. So everyone gets in, then those that solo wait until about 15 minutes in, then they start their solo runs. This allows the lower players to get experience and try out their teams, and the solos still get to solo
  • @BubbaFett I like that idea aswell. Good stuff
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    We tried the damage cap thing, but it's hard to track how much damage you're doing and we found people were constantly going over. It would be nice if the raid had a damage counter as well as a % counter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes that would be awesome. The dmg cap thing didn't work too well for us either. That might be a great topic to suggest to the devs!
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    We've tried all kinds of things, including a damage cap. Damage caps are notoriously difficult to police in this game because there's no damage counter.

Ultimately we settled on no rule at all, just a suggestion that those with 7* Han stay out of the Top 3. Except for rare occasions, that's generally what happens.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Since the recent update to the launch/signup system we came up with this:

After everybody were signed up, only the player, who was automaticaly assigne rank 1 solos the raid at any time he likes — whatever fits his schedule. Everybody get their automaticaly assigned random rank (which evens out to the same average after a large enough number of raids) and we save as much time as possible.
  • Hmm... interesting. I never really thought of "no rule at all" lol