Why are opposing Thrawns always getting to ultimate ability first?

This is driving me crazy. Ever since the new version of ships came out, enemy Thrawn capital ships are using their ultimate ability before I can use mine. I know my Thrawn is faster, I used to always get to his ultimate first. And it’s not that I’m giving him TM from TFP dodges. Can anyone explain this?

Replies

• Dxxfcccdcddccxcxcccccçddcxcxc
  • I have no explanation, but since the update, it seems that the enemy capital ship always gets to do everything first. First reinforcement first, ultimate first, everything.

And for every capital too. It's annoying.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Arkantos
    65 posts Member
    Bump
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It would be helpful to have an explanation of whats going on. what is your and the other lineup?
    how upgraded are all the ships?
    are you sure you are faster?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    They tried to make the AI too smart for this update, amongst all the changes to the entire ship revamps, there seem to be what feels like large AI changes. Since the AI now "decides" what reinforcement it summons for example, instead of following a list.

It also seems to do both more damage when what you usually see your ships do, and is faster then what you would normally experience your own ships doing.

Its why challenges appear much harder, It really shouldn't take seven star gear 10 pilots in six star ships to go before ships in a challenge that unlocks with only four star ship requirements.

But the AI is too strong/.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It would be helpful to have an explanation of whats going on. what is your and the other lineup?

I’ve tried multiple lineups, from reaper/Biggs/tfp to genosians trying to get a handle on the new ships. Nothing seems to get me to use my ultimate first. My ships were all maxed before update, all pilots g12. I’ve upgraded a few, including tfp since.

I whaled out on ships early (an alt account), and it’s only been in the last couple of months that ppl in my shard are able to beat me. To go from being top dog to never being able to use the ultimate first is frustrating, to say the least.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I have no explanation, but since the update, it seems that the enemy capital ship always gets to do everything first. First reinforcement first, ultimate first, everything.

And for every capital too. It's annoying.

Um, no. I get first most times because the AI is dumb and attacks my TF (which has foresight as soon as I can throw it up most times) whereas I don't do that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I’ve tried multiple lineups, from reaper/Biggs/tfp to genosians trying to get a handle on the new ships. Nothing seems to get me to use my ultimate first. My ships were all maxed before update, all pilots g12. I’ve upgraded a few, including tfp since.

I whaled out on ships early (an alt account), and it’s only been in the last couple of months that ppl in my shard are able to beat me. To go from being top dog to never being able to use the ultimate first is frustrating, to say the least.

I have changed almost nothing, and have only seen an ultimate go off before mine, once or twice, which is why i'm asking for details.

there are TM mechanics on both sides and while testing things out people miss things.
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If you’re fighting against executrix, it’s probably it’s unique. Reaper got nerfed and replaced with executrix.
    Sorry, missed the headline. It’s probably ties evading.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Its probably Tie Fighter dodges. Im putting Bistan back in as a reinforcement for this reason. Ive lost 2 matches today because my vader got killed before their Tie and he got to go an extra 947263784 times more than me because of the dodges.