Arena vs fleet arena shards

Yankee
28 posts Member
Today I broke top 20 in my arena (not at payout unfortunately though), and I decided to check out the competition. In the top 20, 9(!) of the players are rank 1 in their fleet shard. How is it even possible for players, who started close to the same time are spread over that many fleet shards? Are fleet shards only a tenth of the size of arena shards, or is there another explanation?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yes they are smaller. i dont know the exact ratio.

they were made after arena shards when they were first created, they are a mix of shards all from a similar timeframe.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    They started at the same time, but hit 60 at different times. Also Fleet shard is 1/10 the size I believe.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Also because I don't know how old your arena shard is for anyone who was level 60 when ships came out they were grouped based on the old power formula if I'm not mistaken.
  • Yankee
    28 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    They started at the same time, but hit 60 at different times. Also Fleet shard is 1/10 the size I believe.

It would fit my observation, if that size is correct.
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Also because I don't know how old your arena shard is for anyone who was level 60 when ships came out they were grouped based on the old power formula if I'm not mistaken.

I'm new. Started in March.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Those that spend, typically spend in all aspects.

I would be surprised if the top fleet arena players 'didnt' appear at the top of their normal arena shards also
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Those that spend, typically spend in all aspects.

I would be surprised if the top fleet arena players 'didnt' appear at the top of their normal arena shards also

There are quite a few players in my guild who do way better in fleet than in squad arena. A more convinient pay-out time being one of the most common reasons.
    I also suspect that players who've just reached max lvl when fleets dropped are all on relatively less competative leaderboards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Do those 9 share the same payout times? They could be in different fleet shards, yes, but they could also be spread on only 2, maybe 3 shards but have different payout times.
  • Yankee
    28 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Do those 9 share the same payout times? They could be in different fleet shards, yes, but they could also be spread on only 2, maybe 3 shards but have different payout times.

I checked in game at the same time. It's their current ranking.