Solo: A Star Wars Story impressions

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Did you see the easter eggs of them in Rogue One? Chopper is in a scene, and Hera is also called for on the intercom on a scene. You can also see the Ghost ship in a scene.
    I didn't, I'll have to go back and watch it again
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I see a lot of Lightside characters from Solo added to this game - but no darkside????

Why not add Vos, those troopers on the train or even Maul???

Imagine Maul as a scoundrel class in this game - that'd be a toon worth investing in for sure!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. Quite cheesy at parts. I don't know why when they showed
    Maul
    that they had to have him start up his lightsaber, seemed unnecessary. But overall I thought it was pretty good.

Seems like
    Maul
    will have to return in a future star wars story film. Maybe the Obi Wan movie?

Also I'd love to see a Rebels movie with Ezra, Hera, Kanaan, Zeb, Chopper, Sabine...etc.

whats the point with spoilers hiding Maul's name - enough people have let the cat out of the bag anyways and the other half of star wars fans that are boycotting the movie don't care anyways, lol

But I agree - I think Maul should make his appearance in the Obi Wan movie. I mean, they could skirt around the story from Rebels and tell that part from the perspective of Obi Wan where Maul finally meets his fate at the hands of his old enemy. It doesn't have to be exactly like the lightsaber fight (or lack thereof) we saw in Rebels - because it is a story from a different perspective.

Maul guessed Obi Wan was protecting something (Luke) on Tatooine and this could be more of the plot - Obi Wan's protection of Luke.

Other reasons also could have lead Maul to Tattoine, not just what we saw in Rebels and my theory above. As he is a rival crime lord to Jabba the Hutt - who is also on Tatooine.

lots to work with here for an Obi wan movie

Could be cool.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty good. Quite cheesy at parts. I don't know why when they showed
    Maul
    that they had to have him start up his lightsaber, seemed unnecessary. But overall I thought it was pretty good.

Seems like
    Maul

Also I'd love to see a Rebels movie with Ezra, Hera, Kanaan, Zeb, Chopper, Sabine...etc.

whats the point with spoilers hiding Maul's name - enough people have let the cat out of the bag anyways and the other half of star wars fans that are boycotting the movie don't care anyways, lol

But I agree - I think Maul should make his appearance in the Obi Wan movie. I mean, they could skirt around the story from Rebels and tell that part from the perspective of Obi Wan where Maul finally meets his fate at the hands of his old enemy. It doesn't have to be exactly like the lightsaber fight (or lack thereof) we saw in Rebels - because it is a story from a different perspective.

Maul guessed Obi Wan was protecting something (Luke) on Tatooine and this could be more of the plot - Obi Wan's protection of Luke.

Other reasons also could have lead Maul to Tattoine, not just what we saw in Rebels and my theory above. As he is a rival crime lord to Jabba the Hutt - who is also on Tatooine.

Could be cool.

Kenobi sounds like such a snore. 20 years of sand and we already saw the most “significant” event in a 15 second battle in Rebels.

Gimme Young Kenobi, QGJ & Satine trying to stop the Mandalorian civil war.
  • Options
    Maul

Seems like
    Maul

Maul probably won't be in the Obi Wan movie because Kenobi finally finished him off in rebels. Maul was a good antagonist and between clone wars and rebels got some development that he deserved. As for a rebels movie? I hope not. All the movie worthy topics have been covered in the show. Would be redundant.

For Solo. I went Friday. It was good, wasn't the best, but I enjoyed the movie.
  • Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    I don't get why the film critics don't like this movie (70% on Rotten Tomatoes)......and I was shocked by the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes being at 61% last time i checked. I loved this movie! loved the character development and it felt very much like star wars to me. Yeah it wasn't as action packed as many of the new era star wars movies are, but it felt more like the original trilogy movies to me. It had great action scenes when they needed to be shown! The Train heist is my favorite sequence in the film period! The war scenes with Han on Mimban were more war film-esque than the scenes from Rogue One which is shot in the style of a war film. I'm not saying Rogue One is bad at all (I rank that movie higher than this one), I'm just saying as far as the gritty nature of war is portrayed in films, Solo pulled it off well in showing basically trench warfare in a dark muddy world where guys are getting blasted left and right. Chewbaccca's intro was great! The music was great also! when Enfys Nest shows up for the first time, the music immediately evoked a sense of dread and suspense that heightened the tension in the train heist action sequence. I loved a lot about this movie! Makes me want to build an all purely scoundrel team in swgoh. =)

And....
    Maul is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved that they showed him in this movie! If anyone has seen Star Wars the Clone Wars TV show you know why and how he got to where we see him in Solo. You owe it to yourself to at least check out the story arcs in Clone Wars where Maul's story is shown, and especially the Mandalore arc. The inclusion of Maul in this movie was a major suprise to me and made me so happy that the movies are showing some love to material developed in Star Wars the Clone wars (similar to how they had Saw Gerrera in rogue One also)

I'd rank this movie as #4 in my list of favorite star wars movies. My top 5 i would say right now is:

1.Empire Strikes Back
    2.Rogue One
    3.A New Hope
    4. Solo
    5. Return of the Jedi

what did everyone else think? How would you rank it among the other star wars movies?

As for Maul, anything clone wars and rebels is canon, so Its in the overall SW story line.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Maul

Seems like
    Maul

Could be cool.

Kenobi sounds like such a snore. 20 years of sand and we already saw the most “significant” event in a 15 second battle in Rebels.

Gimme Young Kenobi, QGJ & Satine trying to stop the Mandalorian civil war.

Very true - but they are doing it.

Surprise, surprise - Disney are giving us another spin-off movie which no one really wants.
  • Options
    I'd even just be happy to see them run through the background of a scene as an easter egg.
    Did you see the easter eggs of them in Rogue One? Chopper is in a scene, and Hera is also called for on the intercom on a scene. You can also see the Ghost ship in a scene.

The Ghost can be seen in 3 scenes, I think it was said on Rebels bonus material. They were present at the battle of Scarif.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    The first half was abysmal. Terrible color correction, overuse of CGI, constant, nauseating fan service, huge tonal inconsistencies, sluggish pacing, murky lighting, questionable editing, bad or overused score, and boring, expositional dialogue.

The second half improves in every regard. The characters and their relationships become more nuanced, the color palette is brighter and has more flair to it, the humor feels more natural and motivated, and it’s just plain fun.

I loved that the climax of the movie was just a couple of characters in an office with only their wits and instincts to help them. Everyone had their own motivations and nobody could trust anyone. It felt very true to what the film was trying to be: an story about a bunch of morally ambiguous outlaws who’re willing to betray each other without a second thought.

For me, it ranks slightly below average:
    Empire
    Hope
    Awakens
    Return
    Jedi
    Solo
    Rogue
    Revenge
    Clones
    Phantom