Fleet arena update is freaking unfair

eelab
5 posts Member
I have reached the top in fleet arena about 2 months ago. I have all the relevant ships and pilots maxed, except for the Thrawn capital ship, which is only 6* yet. So, basically the other players has max one advantage: the capital ship star level.

In the 5 ship system I was able the compensate this with strategy and sometimes with some luck, so I was able to reach at least the top 5 every time and mostly top 1-2.

However, with the 3 ship system I have unsuccessful attacks about 7 or 8 / 10, of which 6 or 7 just because the opponent's Thrawn capital ship is faster and I can go 4v1 even that doesn't matter. Now I can't beat even teams with g11 pilots with luck if their capital ship is 7*

The best is that the ship arena didn't become more versatile (pretty much the same, just less Reapers) or unpredictable (I can fckin predict the result, see above)

So **** you EA! That is just unfair.

Replies

• Lonit
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    just because u havent figured fleet 2.0 out doesnt mean theres anythkng wrong with it. its you mate.
  • Options
    "In the 5 ship system I was able the compensate this with strategy and sometimes with some luck, so I was able to reach at least the top 5 every time and mostly top 1-2."

There's your answer...we were actually able to by-pass the P2W and das nut gud.
  • Options
    There's your answer...we were actually able to by-pass the P2W and das nut gud.

This.

Seriously, though, i can live with the fact that who owns the best pilots in terms of tier/mods/stars/etc. wins, it's fine and fair. What really bothers me, is the fact that Thrawn, who was already the strongest flagship BEFORE the update, has now became absolutely overpowered compared to other guys. Was in top 20 - top 5 on my arena on Windu, now I was forced change to Tarkin (I dob't have Chimera), and I can get in top 20 ONLY if there are other Tarkins/Akbars/Windus for me to beat. Now, I know that not owning Thrawn's my own fault, that's not the point. The point is, the fact that if I can easily (i mean it, almost every attack is a win) beat ANY other fleet (no matter how much GP it has) in offence EXCEPT Chimera, which I was not able to beat even ONCE since the update, it says something about the balance. Just give us an alternative, m'kay?
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    eelab wrote: »
    I have reached the top in fleet arena about 2 months ago. I have all the relevant ships and pilots maxed, except for the Thrawn capital ship, which is only 6* yet. So, basically the other players has max one advantage: the capital ship star level.

In the 5 ship system I was able the compensate this with strategy and sometimes with some luck, so I was able to reach at least the top 5 every time and mostly top 1-2.

However, with the 3 ship system I have unsuccessful attacks about 7 or 8 / 10, of which 6 or 7 just because the opponent's Thrawn capital ship is faster and I can go 4v1 even that doesn't matter. Now I can't beat even teams with g11 pilots with luck if their capital ship is 7*

The best is that the ship arena didn't become more versatile (pretty much the same, just less Reapers) or unpredictable (I can fckin predict the result, see above)

So **** you EA! That is just unfair.

You are just not qualified to be a top player get better or get a 7* capital ship thrawn can be beaten by any ship I climb the top 20 every day w/o thrawn
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin & Ackbar can be used to beat Thrawn meta fleets (not sure about Windus). The advantage with them, besides a different kit, is they are faster then Thrawn cap ship and can get more reinforcements out sooner. Plus should be able to reach their ultimates before Thrawn does.

Plus have you seen Tarkin's TMR effect (the new Reaper in a Cap ship)?

But the ship lineup will probably need to be a bit different then what you might use under Thrawn.
  • Options
    If anything, this update made Tarkin viable again. Thrawns ship is still very good but one has to think about which ships to use with Thrawn. After almost 2 weeks with the new ship arena things returned to normal in my shard. I use Tarkin now and finish #1 every day. I still can beat any fleet around and the same applies to my shard mates. Only a few new guys showed up in top 30.

From our perspective the update impacted arena far less than expected. Maybe people just need more time to build new fleets. But with new ability levels cost increased tremendously.
  • Options
    My fleet is already crushing the Chimera biggs Tie A TF cookie cutter **** like shooting fish in a barrel
  • Options
    I maxed Tarkins capital ship, i absolutely destroy thrawn ships. Tarkin is actually a lot faster then thrawn, Due to my strategy I have a lot folks in My fleet shard dumping thrawn and swapping to Tarkin. You just need to research and plan you strat. Each ship has special reins abilities , you need to focus your fleet around your strategy. for instance with tarkin i want to manipulate TM. I start biggs, TFP, sun fac, my first Rein is Vader with maxed rein ability, then reaper/ cassian depending on situation. I never make it to my third back up , fight is usually over by then.