TW matchmaking.

SavEisen
41 posts Member
edited May 2018
Previously I had a long post here. Sending direct messages to CG personnel instead so that I do not get terminated for violation of TOS.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Okay, first, I feel your pain. Raid rewards and TW are just 2 issues I struggle with as a leader. Second, be careful calling out CG etc, it's a TOS violation. Just sayin so you know. The current formula for TW matchups is really hit and miss. I have seen neck and neck battles, and I have seen wipeouts with no chance of winning.
  • SavEisen
    41 posts Member
    Well if they ban me then they ban me. Guarantee most of the 150 guild members in our family would quit at that point. However, I believe that I was courteous and not rude in the post. I appreciate you looking out though.
  • SavEisen
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    And also @duneseafarmer I'm ok with having bad matchups as long as we are at least in the same tier. We are the bottom of tier 2 and Alliance Alpha is at the top of tier 1. I'm just looking for something to provide my guild with from CG that shows that they care about us.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Well, we arent taht big, but right now we got a 28 mill stronger guild to fight against. So we are screwed.
  • SavEisen
    41 posts Member
    I can handle bad matchups. It's just that this particular one is the worst we've ever had. It's like putting a minor league football team against the Patriots. Not even the same league. More than anything though, it's the timing. I'm just hoping to prevent further fallout and prevent a domino effect of negative things happening. I'm just trying to provide my guild with something from CG that let's them known that they hear us.
  • One thing to hang on to is CG has said they are working on the matchup formula, and that will take time. The tough part is finding a delimiter to use as a basis for comparison. You only have so many ways to pull info, to use in the routines, unless you completely rewrite it, which is not something you want to do. Pulling that thread is dangerous code wise. It's crazy trying to find errors not directly related, or dealing with legacy code, etc. Long story short, it takes time. Given the upheaval about raids, and now Fleet, they have to prioritize and move on. TW as flawed as some see it, works. You can enter, compete and win or lose the rewards are the same based on your stats. Cold comfort I know, but they have admitted it needs work. Some of those leaving were on their way out anyways, this just pushed them. It stinks, trust me. Some will rage quit. Just let them cool off. Stay in touch, let them know their place is waiting for them. That's all you can do. I have led a guild of close to 300 members in another game. I watched it fade, people come and go. It's the way of things.
  • SavEisen wrote: »
    Well if they ban me then they ban me. Guarantee most of the 150 guild members in our family would quit at that point. However, I believe that I was courteous and not rude in the post. I appreciate you looking out though.

My pleasure. Our guild moto is "No kid left on the bench, everyone plays" We're all gamers. People matter, not the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    SavEisen wrote: »

don't worry, they won't touch your ingame account for violating the forum guidelines. Even your forum account willl only be banned if you're a repeat offender or say stuff that's really nasty. While calling out the devs in the title is against the rules, the mods will mods likely just change it and maybe give you a warning.
    That said, bold claim about that 150 man guild family ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah as stated they are working on it, and I bug carrie personally for more of s statement about matchmaking.

I dont think they will (nor should they) have matchmaking based on rewards groups. That would be a very simple way to exploit rewards.