Fleet Arena

I waited some time to give my opinion on how the fleet arena is in this new update of the ships, I did not want to commit any injustice by doing an early analysis, and my opinion is that even with the new materials, the ships battle was over... POOR
Decreasing from 5 to 3 ships in battle was a serious and grotesque mistake by EA. They said that we could still put 5 ships into combat, but they omitted that we would have 1 ship less than in total to take us to battle.
Many players using the Tie Reaper now no longer use it because the Tie Reaper is a full-support ship and the fleet arena has turned into an speed arena for attack and defense ships only.
I also noticed a slight decrease in the evasion of the Imperial Tie fighter (unofficially), now Tie Figter is hit more often by ships that did not reach it with ease.
The only good thing I found was deciding which ship to call for reinforcement in battle depending on the scenario that lies the battle, but this is not something that artificial intelligence would be able to do as a player will do it.
In short, now any player can win positions in the fleet arena, there are no more combinations of defensible ships, the fleet arena has turned into a true caster of those who occupy the top positions.

I know that this topic should be much discussed here in the Forum, but I still wanted to hear your opinion ;)

Replies

• DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Tfp officially had a huge dodge nerf. It's stats dropped from 50% to 25%. As far as anyone can win now, my top 25 is all the usual suspects, and actually since my ships were more diverse I've gone from having 3-4 losses a day on d to 1 loss a day. I think i still prefer old ships, but we have sooooo many abilities left to upgrade it's still hard to judge what's going to hold.
  • Options
    The thing people keep omitting with the Tie dodge rate change is the big TM% gain buff - which in my opinion actually makes it much more dangerous. 25% TM gain per dodge? And still retaining almost 25% dodge rate? I hate seeing a Tie as the only target - it can turn a 4 on 1 into a loss with a dodge or two.

The Reaper change sucks for those who had farmed it - it's gone from a starter to not even on the bench. Doesn't help that the little TMR it has left doesn't even work (although EA will tell you it's WAI).

As for allowing more people to win - that's really only seen as a bad thing by the few people at the top.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Options
    The thing people keep omitting with the Tie dodge rate change is the big TM% gain buff - which in my opinion actually makes it much more dangerous. 25% TM gain per dodge? And still retaining almost 25% dodge rate? I hate seeing a Tie as the only target - it can turn a 4 on 1 into a loss with a dodge or two.

The Reaper change sucks for those who had farmed it - it's gone from a starter to not even on the bench. Doesn't help that the little TMR it has left doesn't even work (although EA will tell you it's WAI).

As for allowing more people to win - that's really only seen as a bad thing by the few people at the top.

I call 1 of 3 ships as my first reinforcement depending on the board. Tie reaper is one of those...it hits surprisingly hard for a support and that cleanse is a godsend for those slave 1s. It definitly got pulled from starting lineup, but is far from useless.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I haven't tried this yet because the first move is typically to use TF's basic to get a TL for Biggs. But given how much the AI likes to prioritize AOE, it might be worth using TF's special first. Automatic dodge on the AOE and you're off to the races.

Only caveat is that they might have programmed the AI to not AOE if foresight is up, but I sincerely doubt it.

Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to discuss strategy with Ships 2.0. I know it's 100% RNG who wins and loses. Just hit auto right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Tfp officially had a huge dodge nerf. It's stats dropped from 50% to 25%. As far as anyone can win now, my top 25 is all the usual suspects, and actually since my ships were more diverse I've gone from having 3-4 losses a day on d to 1 loss a day. I think i still prefer old ships, but we have sooooo many abilities left to upgrade it's still hard to judge what's going to hold.

So it's official? The Imperial Tie Fighter was really nerf? :'(
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I haven't tried this yet because the first move is typically to use TF's basic to get a TL for Biggs. But given how much the AI likes to prioritize AOE, it might be worth using TF's special first. Automatic dodge on the AOE and you're off to the races.

Only caveat is that they might have programmed the AI to not AOE if foresight is up, but I sincerely doubt it.

Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to discuss strategy with Ships 2.0. I know it's 100% RNG who wins and loses. Just hit auto right?

Interesting idea, depending on who the opposing forces are. I run FOTP in my starting 3, so between TFP/Biggs/FOTP I have 3-4 chances for TL in the first round.

I call 1 of 3 ships as my first reinforcement depending on the board. Tie reaper is one of those...it hits surprisingly hard for a support and that cleanse is a godsend for those slave 1s. It definitly got pulled from starting lineup, but is far from useless.

Interesting - Vader has a dispel when the opponent has TL, but more dispels are always nice.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, but you have to eat a hit on slave one to get that target lock, and the tm usually doesn't work out right where vader can clear it before either slave 1 is dead or my entire team is almost dead.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Interesting idea, depending on who the opposing forces are. I run FOTP in my starting 3, so between TFP/Biggs/FOTP I have 3-4 chances for TL in the first round.

I use Vader in place of FOTP so I'm guaranteed a TL, but it's nice to get the first one from TF if it lands. So I don't know if this is a good idea or a bad idea lol.
  • Options

I do not think Tie Reaper is as efficient as its cost, no more, any lineup can now easily topple a fleet with Tie Reaper, formerly Biggs's X-Wing that provided support for the Tie Reaper, but now it's almost impossible to put both ships in battle, no experienced player will allow such a maneuver, and if you choose to put it at the end, you may not have time to use all your ability in battle because of the powerful offensives of Executrix and Chimera.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I use Vader in place of FOTP so I'm guaranteed a TL, but it's nice to get the first one from TF if it lands. So I don't know if this is a good idea or a bad idea lol.

There's that - but in my fleet and shard my vader seems to move at the speed of a retreating glacier. At least with FOTP I get 2 of the first 3 attacks, and if TFP gets a TL then I can unleash FOTP special for some serious damage.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Decided to swap TFP's ship for the Reaper as reinforcement.Best decision ever since the Reaper is always the first ship to bring in and i always win.Even Biggs gets taken out is enough to bring in Phasma/Kylo's Command Shuttle and the battle is just as won.I only need 2 minutes. :smile:
  • Options

[/quote]

My position in the fleet arena has always been first place or top 5 and after the new update remains the same, I do not care that other weaker players who use Home One take first place at the time of Payout, but is dishonest with players who have struggled to have something that inferior players have not yet achieved as in the case of Quimera and Tie Reaper. I wanted to make it clear that I do not have Chimera and I do not use Tie Reaper in battle because it is not well developed yet, I use Executrix in combat and I noticed that it is now much easier to win the Chimera, incidentally after this update I even gave up climbing the level of my Tie Reaper.
    So I'm talking about players who own Chimera and today are equivalent to much lower players. It's tragic.

• Options

I do not think Tie Reaper is as efficient as its cost, no more, any lineup can now easily topple a fleet with Tie Reaper, formerly Biggs's X-Wing that provided support for the Tie Reaper, but now it's almost impossible to put both ships in battle, no experienced player will allow such a maneuver, and if you choose to put it at the end, you may not have time to use all your ability in battle because of the powerful offensives of Executrix and Chimera.

Well we clearly disagree. I'm not using tie in my starting, just as a support in reinforcements. My team has had 0 losses on d in 17 hours (ranked 1st), so I'd like to think im not inexperienced. And yes, there were several active top 20 players with payouts in thst time.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

There's that - but in my fleet and shard my vader seems to move at the speed of a retreating glacier. At least with FOTP I get 2 of the first 3 attacks, and if TFP gets a TL then I can unleash FOTP special for some serious damage.

I tried it and it worked fantastically. My Chim went first anyway, so I did the buff/debuff move. The other Chim went next and AOE'd with my TF foresight up. My Chim got to go again much quicker and got me a fourth ship in earlier...and in fact this was the first time I've managed to get five out at once.

Strategy, huzzah!
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Lol it worked exactly the same again. 5 ships out again, wiped the other guy clean.
  • Options
    Lol it worked exactly the same again. 5 ships out again, wiped the other guy clean.

Nice, my chimera has the same speed or less then most of my opponents since im missing a g12 piece and the zetas, otherwise I'd try it. I find i get their biggs down low enough for their chimera to usually pop the heal first round though. A little annoying that i do
  • ImperialStation
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Well we clearly disagree. I'm not using tie in my starting, just as a support in reinforcements. My team has had 0 losses on d in 17 hours (ranked 1st), so I'd like to think im not inexperienced. And yes, there were several active top 20 players with payouts in thst time.

Forgive me, I did not mean you're inexperienced, what I meant is that no player would let the enemy Tie Reaper and the X-Wing of enemy Biggs stay together in the fleet arena for too long. Sorry, my English may seem confusing.

Post edited by ImperialStation on
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Nice, my chimera has the same speed or less then most of my opponents since im missing a g12 piece and the zetas, otherwise I'd try it. I find i get their biggs down low enough for their chimera to usually pop the heal first round though. A little annoying that i do

Yeah, I just tried it against an Executrix but since it's faster it's not really useful. Better to just TL if your Chim is slower than the other cap ship.

Still won though. :p
  • Options
    They nerfed Reaper to pointlessness and Tie dodge by 50%. They did nothing about the atrocities that is Biggs who is famous in cinema history for being one shot by vader... but he’s a tank here. Yeah ok. They stated they wanted to eliminate cookie cutter tendencies and now my shard looks even more identical than it did before. So fail there.

HOWEVER... they did do some useful ship upgrades I absolutely like! A lot of LS got buffs sure cause a lot of them were useless (resistance xwing still is) and are now viable. Cool, balance and all. Geonosians got a huge buff too! I noticed some serious buffs that people haven’t said anything about and I’m likely to keep mum about till I shock my shard with it because it is so stinkin funny to roll over everyone with a Kansas City shuffle in the fleet arena. xD

Anyway... Biggs... is why I have such an easy time killing Vader, Biggs, Tie, Chimera teams. He’s the Achilles heel the (people who only follow) have no freakin clue about.

All in all... I do like the update I’m some aspects, but dislike it in other aspects. They really did ruin a couple ships and honestly, Slave1 is still nowhere near the level he should be.
  • Options
    All those saying the reaper is now useless.

I agree it was nerfed hard, but.

From a TM / Synergy point of view:

Reaper - 15% TM loss to enemy capital ship
    Tarkin - 25% gain to all allies

Together that's still pretty powerful.
  • Options
    They nerfed Reaper to pointlessness and Tie dodge by 50%. They did nothing about the atrocities that is Biggs who is famous in cinema history for being one shot by vader... but he’s a tank here. Yeah ok. They stated they wanted to eliminate cookie cutter tendencies and now my shard looks even more identical than it did before. So fail there.

HOWEVER... they did do some useful ship upgrades I absolutely like! A lot of LS got buffs sure cause a lot of them were useless (resistance xwing still is) and are now viable. Cool, balance and all. Geonosians got a huge buff too! I noticed some serious buffs that people haven’t said anything about and I’m likely to keep mum about till I shock my shard with it because it is so stinkin funny to roll over everyone with a Kansas City shuffle in the fleet arena. xD

Anyway... Biggs... is why I have such an easy time killing Vader, Biggs, Tie, Chimera teams. He’s the Achilles heel the (people who only follow) have no freakin clue about.

All in all... I do like the update I’m some aspects, but dislike it in other aspects. They really did ruin a couple ships and honestly, Slave1 is still nowhere near the level he should be.

I agree on Slave. I do not know why people are excited about the new Slave, it's weak as paper, it does not last 2 turns after it's called, I feared much more the Slave earlier before upgrading the fleet arena.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    It's weak because it's taunting with no regen, but it fires back. So yeah you kill it but it kills you too.