Prestige quest - jedi in arena

Prev1345
Tarah
202 posts Member
Good morning

I Think prestige quests are a great idea, but something is wrong....

For the second quest' of jedi knight chain u ask to WIN, not partecipate, win 10 arenas with jedi....

So Now i'm about 50 position....what i' ve to do? Skip arena till i go about 500 position to hope to WIN? Is impossible in highest zones of arena shard

And for what? 1 Omega material?

Thank you

Replies

• There is a jedi quest which asks to « Win 10 arena battles with jedi« 

Does it mean we have to win 10 arena battle with 5 jedis ? Or just with one jedi is enough ?
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    5. I think the thought behind it was to give new ones something (title) to work for so they will think their getting somewhere in the game.
  • I went for this quest too. But, since winning even one battle with jedi is not going to happen in today's arena, I am going to have to adandon the quest. Sad.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    It's a very misleading misguided quest, I think. Rather than helping new players get somewhere, it will cripple them for not focusing on late-game viable characters.
  • Brobeans
    609 posts Member
    I was under the impression that having GK in your squad would count, could be wrong tho. Anyone got confirmation?
  • Garmaddon
    153 posts Member
    Nope you need 5 Jedi in the arena squad there was a previous thread about it. The feeling was to complete it you put your weakest squad in arena let it drop after payout then work your way back with a Jedi team. Some people did it I think
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    It's a very misleading misguided quest, I think. Rather than helping new players get somewhere, it will cripple them for not focusing on late-game viable characters.

Who said this is a new player quest?

Some of them are meant to be for different levels of players.

There is also no rush, these are not meant to be done in one day. There is also a chance that this is a glimpse into the future of arena....
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    Nope you need 5 Jedi in the arena squad there was a previous thread about it. The feeling was to complete it you put your weakest squad in arena let it drop after payout then work your way back with a Jedi team. Some people did it I think

Lmao ... why not fight the sith with traya? Since the game is so well balanced :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

There is also no rush, these are not meant to be done in one day. There is also a chance that this is a glimpse into the future of arena....

the devs. I mean, a quest that can only be accomplished by long-time players by losing on purpose just to get bad enough that jedi are viable in arena is def aimed at new players. And whomever has GK doesn't make that list. And it tells the n00bs to focus on arena-worthy jedi, which is horrible for them if they want to move up. It's a bizarre mechanic by cg

edit: jedi re-work "confirmed" by @Kyno lol...I think
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »

Jedi 2.0 (worked on for over 18 months)

- Arena will be reduced to 3 characters with 2 backups that now have 'Off the Bench' abilities.
    - GK finally gets a zeta, that gives him +25% offense, while reducing his armor by 50%
    - Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, and Kit Fisto all get synergy akin to the Triumvirate, but only until you maximize their 'Off the Bench' abilities.
    - Matches now mostly timeout
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member

Eh...I mean if you want to have the Jedi title you will/should already have really high level jedi. If you are in the top of arena, just let yourself drop for a day or two and beat up on some teams around 100-200, then move back up with your #1 team (if the title means that much to you).
  • Dryff wrote: »

Eh...I mean if you want to have the Jedi title you will/should already have really high level jedi. If you are in the top of arena, just let yourself drop for a day or two and beat up on some teams around 100-200, then move back up with your #1 team (if the title means that much to you).

Not trying to be a Negative Ned here, but I think my active arena bottoms out somewhere around 300 and the only real difference between teams in 1-20 or 100-300 is speed and Sion. Point being, I don't think it is possible to drop down far enough to find teams that jedi can compete with. Could be wrong, though.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Well, there is a way to drop down enough to be able to beat some team with jedis. Only how far is it?
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Example: this guy used to compete for #1 daily, but retired and has been inactive for 81 days. Currently ranked at #265. Think jedi can beat this squad?
    Gxmioym.png
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »

Not trying to be a Negative Ned here, but I think my active arena bottoms out somewhere around 300 and the only real difference between teams in 1-20 or 100-300 is speed and Sion. Point being, I don't think it is possible to drop down far enough to find teams that jedi can compete with. Could be wrong, though.

I'm not even sure what the meta Jedi team would be...zQGJ (L), Hermit, GK, Ezra, Anakin? :D
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Jedi 2.0 (worked on for over 18 months)

- Arena will be reduced to 3 characters with 2 backups that now have 'Off the Bench' abilities.
    - GK finally gets a zeta, that gives him +25% offense, while reducing his armor by 50%
    - Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, and Kit Fisto all get synergy akin to the Triumvirate, but only until you maximize their 'Off the Bench' abilities.
    - Matches now mostly timeout

They're not turning arena into a 3v3 in all likelihood. Just ships. Also, why would GK need more offense and less armor? he's a tank not an attacker.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Example: this guy used to compete for #1 daily, but retired and has been inactive for 81 days. Currently ranked at #265. Think jedi can beat this squad?
    Then fight around that team. You can get far enough down to win something with a zQGJ team. Jedi aren't meta right now, but it's not like we're being asked to use a jawa team.

I don't think that quest objective is a good design decision, but it also isn't that bad.
    Random9 wrote: »
    They're not turning arena into a 3v3 in all likelihood. Just ships. Also, why would GK need more offense and less armor? he's a tank not an attacker.
    The joke is caustically kvetching about Ships 2.0.
    Still not a he.
  • @YaeVizsla Thank you!! And brilliant description!!!
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Then fight around that team. You can get far enough down to win something with a zQGJ team. Jedi aren't meta right now, but it's not like we're being asked to use a jawa team.

I don't think that quest objective is a good design decision, but it also isn't that bad.

That's the whole point. It does not get any easier. There is no going around.
  • Well, to be fair, that guy could compete for #1 daily before EP got his zeta. After that, depending on how fast the shard migrated, running Rey without the full zeta complement can be a bit of a challenge.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

That's the whole point. It does not get any easier. There is no going around.

How do you know it doesn't get easier? It just means 285 is the bottom of people who can beat JTR. All the casuals and people who farm their favs instead of best toons will be below that.
  • zQGJ and company can still beat teams on offense. You'll wake up in position 1,000, but go for it if the title is worth it to you.

Which brings me to my next point, you don't have to complete the quest... it's just for fun, rewards aren't even that great

also, this is not a beginner player quest. It requires both GK and Anakin at G12 to complete...
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    I managed to beat cls teams (we have the odd one still) and rex teams, with GK lead, Hermit Yoda, Ezra(z) Zarriss and JKA.
    Took a while but got my 10 done.

The real balls up is the next bout of quests. You have to beat 9D not 9C with 5 Jedi.
  • I wouldn't worry about completing this quest just yet. Once Jedi Luke Skywalker is released, then Jedi teams will be wiping the floor with everything else. Just like when JTR got her release.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, there is a way to drop down enough to be able to beat some team with jedis. Only how far is it?

I dropped to almost rank 800 and managed to win my first arena battle with my jedi squad :D

nb0E1ze.png
  • So you guys are contemplating losing 1000s of crystals just to do quest.......
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    So you guys are contemplating losing 1000s of crystals just to do quest.......
    That depends on a lot of factors.
    Still not a he.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    #1 moderater, please don’t get into a “dumb off” here. You know what happened a few months ago.
    #2 titles? Really, you are going to give up a few days of crystals for a title?
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Gxmioym.png

I don't understand this at all. the person retired which means he/she isnt playing. people will figure that really fast, just refresh and go around the team. which then will keep dropping that team back. unless you can post the rankings of everyone around that team showing they are near the same then it's not what you are trying to say it is. jedi will never have to beat that team. they can skip it rather easily while it continues to fall
  • CoolpantsMcghee
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Gxmioym.png

Hit the refresh button and dont fight that team?
    It's also pretty easy to drop in rank. Take 5 lvl 1 characters into the arena and just get dunked on for a day or two. Boom.
    From there you're just Anakin meets younglings all over again.

It does get easier, and there are workarounds.