Must-watch shows?

So after starting this game a couple of days ago, I realized there's a ton of Star Wars characters that I actually know nothing about at all.

This made me wonder, besides the big movies, are there any must-watch shows/movies/series that are actually really worth it?

I kind of want to dig a bit deeper into the universe, get to know a bit more about SW besides the big movies, any recommendations?

Replies

• Theres star wars the clone wars(2008?) which was great but Disney decided not to continue with it .
    More recently, Star wars rebels just wrapped up with its final season.
    I quite liked the clone wars and hate rebels,but to each his/her own.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Both shows have their moments. I’d say Rebels is more consistent than Clone Wars, but there are story arcs in CW that rival the films in quality.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Not a show, but I just recently played Knights of the Old Republic for the first time now that it's backwards compatible on Xbox One. If you don't mind dated graphics, the story is great. Going to play the sequel next - this game is starting to draw more and more from that universe as well.
  • Wil wrote: »
    Not a show, but I just recently played Knights of the Old Republic for the first time now that it's backwards compatible on Xbox One. If you don't mind dated graphics, the story is great. Going to play the sequel next - this game is starting to draw more and more from that universe as well.

I tried playing it, but I can't get over the constant reading for conversations with characters. It's a time hog for sure.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Not a show, but the original Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) is one of the best EU series out there.
    Clone wars is also good, especially in the later seasons. The Umbaran arc in season 4 is perhaps one of the darkest and most interesting stories in TCW. Be aware that there are a lot of misses that might discourage you along the way though.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Not a show, but the original Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) is one of the best EU series out there.
    Clone wars is also good, especially in the later seasons. The Umbaran arc in season 4 is perhaps one of the darkest and most interesting stories in TCW. Be aware that there are a lot of misses that might discourage you along the way though.

General Krell... Off the chain!!