Moff VERY low damage, needs a re-work? Is he for defense only?

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited May 2018
Hi Guys. So to clarify, he is only at level 60 & G7 currently, and his Pot up to 30% (not that high I know) and run him under a Palp lead so big Pot boost there. I also don't have the Omegas on him which I see make a BIG difference, especially the one on his basic.

But I digress, he is only getting about 2K on his AOE on crits. Really? That is after getting Potency up of course, and as mentioned under the Palp lead. I also find his basic quite weak as well.

I am sure he gets better, but I expected a little more out of him at this level, and not sure I want to invest too much in him. He is my 5th (wheel) Empire toon to bag R2 just until I get GA when he comes around in July (bummed he did not come back in June, my Phoenix team was not ready in May).

Edit - See my last post I see the issue
Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    He doesn't do that much dmg, no. It can be.boosted by using his basic for several turns first, yes, but I rather prefer using the AoE often for its TM reduction.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Tarkin is quite good. He reduces others damage and crit chance and thats 2 extra debuffs for Vaders saber throw. You can put him in Thrawn lead when another Vader is faster and than reduce everyone's damage and than aoe tm reduction. Its a quite nice character which also is later on extremely tanky. I have 70% efficiency with him as he scales damage and defense with this stat. I use him in TW and TB. He is a strong character.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Tarkin is all about potency. 30% is not enough. You want him to have potency coming out his ears. Keep leveling and gearing him up and he gets much better. Mine is level 85 gear 11, has 83% potency, and he’s effective in my arena team and in raids. He’s especially useful for taking down the enemy team’s turn meter in arena battles.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    He's excellent for nerf-ing the other team's offense in GW, Arena, etc. AoE debuffs work near-constantly under Palpatine or with really high potency on his own.

His Zeta unique boosts his Potency to ridiculous levels when combined with Palpatine/Vader or other debuffers. Which then increases the offense of Ultimate Firepower even further. I've wiped out multiple attackers from full health with it when timed right.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    For sure his TM removal and Offense down are huge plus's and part of why I went for him in the first place but what about this actual damage? I know his Omegas and Zeta will give him more but how about without them? Is getting him to say 60% pot really going to make that much difference over 30? (won't effect his basic, and I found the extra 35% from Palp vs w/o it did not make that much difference?)

As mentioned I just thought damage would be somewhat higher under Palp (+35%) and getting Pot up (+50%) before using the Firepower, and again even his basic seems weak when everyone is alive which should give him 50% more damage.

If I get him to say G9 and maybe 70% Pot, and stick Omega on his basic I want to know it will be worth it (I won't have resources for Zeta for him for forever too many other priorities, even for Omegas really)

Thanks again.

ps - side question - what things will boost his ship abilities/power the most?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The omegas on his basic and first special are required for him to be the most useful.

Regarding Executrix, everything you do to Tarkin affects his capital ship except mod abilities. So that means increasing his level, abilities, gear, and stars, and ensuring all his mods are 5* and fully upgraded will all increase the power of Executrix. I believe the ship gets boosted according to power increase, so the things that give the most power increase to Tarkin would affect Executrix the most.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I see the problem, his multiplier on his AOE is WAY too low!

Even with Omega so maxed it is 0.439. Now look at what Potency is adding with this crummy low multiplier.

Say my current special damage is 1400. Then take his Potency 30% + 35%Palp + 50% Pot up = 115%, so we add 230 Offense.

(Base special dmg +115) * move multiplier = damage dealt.

Before potency boosts 1400 * 0.439 = 614. After boost (1400 + 230) * 0.439 = 715. Yipee lol

Even w/ Omegas & Zetas, the crummy multiplier will still ensure it is fairly low.

Look at a FULLY maxed Tarkin, he's got 1505-1663 on AOE before pot boost, which is 3609 * 0.439 = 1584 avg after RNG factor. Now say you have 70% pot on him, use him under Palp, Pot up, AND Omega basic used 3 times before using AOE. 70+35+50+150 = 305 x 2 = 610. Plug that in now and you get: (3609 + 610) * 0.439 = 1852. A whole boost of 268, whoopie, this is crap guys.

4 turn cooldown too does not help things here either.

BL - I guess his AOE is just not for damage, at all, it is for TM removal only. I don't think I will invest much in him, just star him up to get R2 is all, he is more of a defensive play for sure removing offense and TM, just a shame he doesn't help a little more on offense. I mean his AOE should at least be doing 3K high level not < 2, that is laughable, honestly this needs a tweak/re-work IMO no one should be doing <2K dmg fully maxed

Post edited by jayjonbeach on
  • I just ran an arena test and got 5029 on the opposing tarkin and 8725 on the opposing Vader using his ability at the end of the battle. And my Tarkin is only G10. I've heard of it hitting well over 10k in the right situations.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Like others have said, he's not typically used for damage (mine is g12, all omegas, and his basic is still very weak). He's a support that does AOE TMR and offense and crit chance down. In the current EP meta, stacking all those debuffs will feed your team a lot of extra TM.

BUT, if you were dead set on getting a lot of damage, it's theoretically doable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euFK309AqsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdExAGMK3OE
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    He needs tons of potency and good speed to be efficient.I have him at G12 with both zetas on him and potency over 100% and use him in the arena and in the fleet arena (his capital ship).All around good character when geared and moded properly.His Executrix is almost fully maxed out since they released the gear needed to do that and he is one of my strongest toons.Never regret investing in him.Under Palp lead he is great since you'll be using his AoE at start to remove the enemy's TM and let your team go wild on them.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay I get it now, you got to have the stacking REALLY add up THEN he does damage.....that last vid hah

Thanks all
  • Tarkin is good at higher levels but it isn't due to his damage. Using his aoe removes tm and lets the other team go less. This keeps your higer damage toons alive longer. His other special reduces the damage of the other team and adds debuffs which adds tm when thay are cleansed or expire. That also allows your higher damage toons to go more often in comparison to the other team. That is his role. He can deal massive damage if you hold off his aoe but the tm removal is typically more valuable.
  • I think he’s meant for helping with Vader’s culling blade and just empire in general
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    He is esentially a soft tank for empire. He really nerfs the other teams damage. His AOE damage is a bonus but not his primary purpose.

EDIT - I think one of his zetas adds exposes. If you want him as a damage dealer maybe thats an option. I dont think it is a great zeta though.
  • Kristian
    23 posts Member
    Realistically I only use him if I need to inflict AOE, debuff the opponents, or take a few hits. To me, he’s pretty useless, the Omegas do bring him up, and the Executeix is a great Capital Ship, but I wouldn’t use him for competitive.