Can we talk about Enfys Nest?

Prev134
Broxxor
595 posts Member
edited May 2018
The character is ridiculous - ridiculously awesome! Besides looking great- she's also a ginger. Which means she has no soul - which is probably why it's impossible to kill her.

Example A:

Example B:

https://youtu.be/e5ETn6j6mZ0

Now - Nihilus solves this problem and most of the current teams utilize Nihilus anyway.

My question to the devs is:

Is this how the character was intended to be? Basically invincible to everyone except Darth Nihilus?

I'm not sure what (if any) changes to the character can be made as the unique that is there is ...well..unique and altering it completely alters the character and changes her - which wouldn't be fair to those that purchased her.

On the other hand, I don't think this is how it was intended when you introduced her ("Bring Nihilus or time out").

Can we get an answer @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie ?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    That's the routine.
    Release an OP character->lock it behind paywall->profit->nerf->make the now totally average toon farmable->deal with those three or four dudes threatening you for a refund->profit anyway. I mean, Sion is still an absolute beast, but they had to basically refund every single crybaby shopper which paid for him, so no need to nerf him further.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Frankly, I’m rather surprised this passed Q&A. And how did she get released so broken? EA needs to do the right thing and immediately release an update. She can really offset TW in a terrible way, not to mention the issues with Arena.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well it doesn't help that the person making the video chose possibly the WORST toon to use against Nest. She's basically the anti-Thrawn.

Yeah the prot stacking is nuts. It lasts til she gets her next turn. Which with a maxed Thrawn is essentially never.

Bring Nihilus, or abilities that ignore prot, or just a few massive damage attacks. Slowing or fracturing her is playing to her strength. Kind of like using Thrawn's cleanse against a Palp lead.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Mike_Honcho
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I have her and lost plenty to mega-god five-star traya.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    And let’s talk about EA’s policy of cheating. Before, at least in the past, EA has always labeled it cheating and against the spirit of the game if a player uses a known issue to continue exploiting the game. Does EA plan on going after players doing this with Enfys?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    That video displays exactly what not to do against Enfys. All the fracturing and TM removal is just letting her keep her bonus prot, and give her more. You need to let her take her turns, stun her when she's not, and use single shot, high damage attacks (i.e. NOT fracture). Only CLS (or just Thrawn's basic) on that team even starts to fit the bill, and he does (way) too much TMR.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    At least, its a canon character ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    That video displays exactly what not to do against Enfys. All the fracturing and TM removal is just letting her keep her bonus prot, and give her more. You need to let her take her turns, stun her when she's not, and use single shot, high damage attacks (i.e. NOT fracture). Only CLS (or just Thrawn's basic) on that team even starts to fit the bill, and he does (way) too much TMR.

Thank you! Been saying it all day around here.

Read her kit, plan against. Don't just run in with your same old strategy then blame EA because you didn't learn.

It's exactly like people complaining about the Rebel Training T3. "I didn't adapt, this is ****"
  • they could have (and still could) at least simply put a limit of how often her bonus protection triggers. let it happen just once per turn like some other abilities, or twice per turn, whatever. something limited. with everything else she has going for her that would make her kit much more reasonable.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I don't have him so I don't know but would IG88's unique + target lock prevent the extra protection? It prevents regeneration so might not...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    She’s not that broken! Many teams can defeat her, and fairly easy. Vandor Chewbacca sniped Enfys no problem in one of my practice rounds with her. A pretty broken character would be Wampa, (who she works well with) because Wampa works with many teams, and does a ton of damage. But he can still be beaten. I see no problem with Enfys, she’s a smart addition to the game
  • Completely just overnight changed the meta with 1 single toon. Every possible debuff and she can’t be beat without speciality toons, some now behind paywalls. Even gets passed JTR’s heal debuff.

kjtndztyfbmd.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Just pondering:

Mods for Enfys?

- Under no circumstances do you put speed on.
    - Protection primaries and secondaries on every slot that can, except receiver arrow. Use critical avoidance on that one.

She'll almost never take a turn and will have insanely high protection.

You want her slow as heck.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    the main thing i see as a problem is she never got a turn... one she takes here turn she will have no protection up and there fore can take real damage,, and in that video JTR and CLS prevented that so she became "invincible".
    if she took a turn rey could probably have taken her out after one or 2 attacks
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Healing immunity or buff immunity needs to cancel that out. If not healing then at least buff immunity. Protection up is a buff. Therefore protection up should not ignore that debuff.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I said it elsewhere, Thrawn works, but not fracture. I think it's his basic: inflicts speed up then ability block. Forces her next turn sooner and then she's limited with what to do. Even better if someone else stuns her after Thrawn too.

No fracture, no TM removal, just plays right into her unique. Certain teams are only going to make her stronger. Hmmm... Sounds like a few other characters too (which are typically overcome by very high DPS). Execute or Culling Blade if you pile up enough debuffs.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Healing immunity or buff immunity needs to cancel that out. If not healing then at least buff immunity. Protection up is a buff. Therefore protection up should not ignore that debuff.

It's NOT Protection Up, which is an actual buff. She just gains EXTRA protection each time she's attacked between turns.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it is kinda funny to watch that JTR team going ham, doing nothing. haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I said it elsewhere, Thrawn works, but not fracture. I think it's his basic: inflicts speed up then ability block. Forces her next turn sooner and then she's limited with what to do. Even better if someone else stuns her after Thrawn too.

No fracture, no TM removal, just plays right into her unique. Certain teams are only going to make her stronger. Hmmm... Sounds like a few other characters too (which are typically overcome by very high DPS). Execute or Culling Blade if you pile up enough debuffs.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It's NOT Protection Up, which is an actual buff. She just gains EXTRA protection each time she's attacked between turns.

I'd like to see what happens after fracturing her and then piling on tons of DOTs with Vader/Wampa/however and then culling blade her after she finally gets a turn to get rid of her prot.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Enfys is strongest when she's alone. Well, unless she runs into Nihilus or Nightsisters or someone like that. That's a really interesting design, something we haven't seen before. Also, the only character so far who laughs at Fracture. Good job, requires one to play smart, not just have a strong team.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    They will probably nerf her after all the addicted fools waste money to farm her to 7*.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Fracture is the worst strategy against her. Every hit adds 40% to someone who won't take a turn until Thrawn does/dies.

Do everything you said except fracture. Use Thrawn basic. Apply speed UP so her turn comes faster. Pile on debuffs & stun then Culling Blade AFTER her turn.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Sion is still an absolute beast, but they had to basically refund every single crybaby shopper which paid for him, so no need to nerf him further.

What di you mean by this what refunds for scion are you talking about.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Soon (ish)

We are waiting on the new guy to release a statement
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Sion is still an absolute beast, but they had to basically refund every single crybaby shopper which paid for him, so no need to nerf him further.

Yeah - I didnt get a refund for Sion - even though I objected to what happened. It's why I went 100% FTP
  • Broxxor wrote: »

Yeah - I didnt get a refund for Sion - even though I objected to what happened. It's why I went 100% FTP

What happened that you objected to with scion?
  • Devs say she’s working as intended, but she totally breaks P4. :D

97drn1gv9okw.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • collapsE
    206 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    well this new community manager isnt really dev but more likely delivery guy.. he dont even play game so long, you cant think he know what is and isnt broken or wai
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Mother Talzin says lolololol.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »

What happened that you objected to with scion?

Bought him for the raid thinking his taunt would be effective and they neutered it.