EP regaining protection between fights

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited June 2018
So how does EP regain a bunch of protection between fights when he has none left? I get he gains 50% max of his protection and gets 5% max protection stacking per shock but if he’s already without his protection and down to half health, he shouldn’t be starting with half protection refilled. That can’t be WAI and of it is, that should be changed.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Between fights in TW?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Hard to answer without knowing the entire team.....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree with @Ravens1113. The ability doesn't state anything about gaining protection at the beginning af a battle. However, it seems very plausible, that when his +50% max protection was implemented, a flat 50% protection was added to both max protection and current protection at the start of battle with no consideration for EP surviving through multiple fights. From your descrition, this seems like a bug, which should be reported (I didn't check it myself, though). Good catch.

The same thing might apply for Chaze's max health from Baze's unique.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    I agree with @Ravens1113. The ability doesn't state anything about gaining protection at the beginning af a battle. However, it seems very plausible, that when his +50% max protection was implemented, a flat 50% protection was added to both max protection and current protection at the start of battle with no consideration for EP surviving through multiple fights. From your descrition, this seems like a bug, which should be reported (I didn't check it myself, though). Good catch.

Again.... There is nothing in HIS kit that accounts for it..... But what about the four other toons in the fight?
  • We still don't know the circumstances that this regeneration are taking place under.
    TW? GW? Raids? turns in arena? events?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    His unique gives him 50% of his max protection, so that may be where it's coming from. His max doesnt change even hes at 0, so that makes sense where it is coming from, but not sure if that's WAI.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Happened between TW battles. Rest of the team left standing was Vader and DN. Both sion and thrawn has been defeated in previous attempts
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    And you're sure no one else fought him in-between?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Again.... There is nothing in HIS kit that accounts for it..... But what about the four other toons in the fight?

Do you know of any toons, that grant 50% protection to an ally (or allies) at the start of battle? I don't, so please enlighten me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    His unique gives him 50% of his max protection, so that may be where it's coming from. His max doesnt change even hes at 0, so that makes sense where it is coming from, but not sure if that's WAI.

Working as intended or not — it's not working as described in the in—game skill description (regarding toOP's descrition i correct).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    But yes, TVF is on to what really matters.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    And you're sure no one else fought him in-between?

No. I was the only one fighting him.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I get that but if his max protection is 30k, that means he should start with 45k then at the encounter. But that’s his max possible. If I bring him to 0% protection at the end of one fight he still should have 0% protection the next fight.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I get that but if his max protection is 30k, that means he should start with 45k then at the encounter. But that’s his max possible. If I bring him to 0% protection at the end of one fight he still should have 0% protection the next fight.

The mechanic happens at the start of the encounter, it goes from x% to (x% + unique), when doing that it fills the unique protection. Not just adding to what the max should be. So at the start of the next turn it would be (0%+unique) and filling in the unique.

Like I said it's possible this is happening and from the ability description I could see it as WAD, but is it WAI...maybe.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I dunno it makes sense to me when he shocks and his max protection goes up, even if he has no protection, he gets some protection back. It makes sense then that when he gains 50% max protection at the start of battle, when his unique kicks in, even if he has 0 protection he would recover some.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    If it wasn’t working like this he would start every fight with only 2/3rd of his protection filled. It’s actually the same for every +x% health/prot in the game if i’m not mistaken.
  • I had the same issue TWICE with our TW today, fought a Cody led clone team, took out all their protection, when I lost and went to the section screen they all had full protection again. Same thing happened with a nightsister squad.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Have definitely seen all units able to regen health and protection between battles, just like in GW. I think this is WAI.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kinda reversed, and Im not 100% sure, but I think Vandors kit does something similar. If he starts a fight with less than 40% protection, he will lose it all because of his Beast ability. His health gets boosted but he loses the protection. This can really gimp him over multiple battles.