RJT Rancor Squad

Prev1
Random9
510 posts Member
I’m going to get RJT next time she comes back and I’m looking for a good solo squad for the rancor. I’m nowhere close to cls so I can’t use him but here’s the rest of my characters:
https://swgoh.gg/u/random9/collection/
Would appreciate any advice for a team that can do a lot of damage. I’m hoping to get R2 to 7* this time but we’ll see

Replies

• Garmaddon
    153 posts Member
    RJT, BB8,R2, scav rey and resistance trooper will probably solo it easily
  • Random9 wrote: »
    I’m going to get RJT next time she comes back and I’m looking for a good solo squad for the rancor. I’m nowhere close to cls so I can’t use him but here’s the rest of my characters:
    Would appreciate any advice for a team that can do a lot of damage. I’m hoping to get R2 to 7* this time but we’ll see

Your account is poorly managed! You wanted to be smart and go around CLS to get Rey quickly, that's a horrible decision. You should have just followed the natural order of things. Having JTR before you have CLS is not wise. Even for the sith raid, JTR is just one squad... Not to mention you need R2 to make it work. If you went for CLS you'd have CLS for Chex mix in P3 as well as Leia for phase 2.

Also having invested in some heavy and expensive characters like the Veterans, too early, you have slowed down the progress of other characters who would complement your account more, and you'll end up suffering on fleet arena. Also, you'll be disappointed to find out that JTR squad can't solo rancor...
  • Garmaddon wrote: »

No they can't, there's not nearly enough TM reduction to do it, you'd get someone devoured in p2 which would mean you'd never make it past P3.
  • Your R2 is only 5 stars so there goes most of Rey's viability in raids. Your Thrawn is only 5 stars so there goes your arena capabilities. You don't even have Palpatine maxed out. This account is so badly managed.
  • CLS can solo it by himself :)

Your account is poorly managed! You wanted to be smart and go around CLS to get Rey quickly, that's a horrible decision. You should have just followed the natural order of things. Having JTR before you have CLS is not wise. Even for the sith raid, JTR is just one squad... Not to mention you need R2 to make it work. If you went for CLS you'd have CLS for Chex mix in P3 as well as Leia for phase 2.

Also having invested in some heavy and expensive characters like the Veterans, too early, you have slowed down the progress of other characters who would complement your account more, and you'll end up suffering on fleet arena. Also, you'll be disappointed to find out that JTR squad can't solo rancor...

giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy.
  • Zader lead is probably your best bet. Zader tarkin tfp and two other empire or tm reducing toons. Thrawn is good when you finally 7 star him. You can also use sith since zader gives the tm removal too. But you definately need zader lead tfp and tarkin. Vader for his lead. Tfp for his tenacity down on his basic. And tarkin for massive tm removal on his aoe. You could possibly put a high damage toon like jtr in with this core and still solo but she doesn't bring much other than damage. Cls brings a lot more, that's why most get him first.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Yeah I’m aware that my account isn’t that well managed. Just curious what a good rancor team with JTR lead without CLS would be. Thanks
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Random9 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m aware that my account isn’t that well managed. Just curious what a good rancor team with JTR lead without CLS would be. Thanks

Kudos for the calm response to a ridiculous, pointless and quite inexplicably vehement attack on your play (which i don’t find « reasonable » in way, shape or form)
    I’m not even concerned and seem to be more affected than you xD

To the subject however, i can’t say if it’s possible to solo rancor with jtr based team, but it is regardless much easier/faster to go the zeta vader route, as Darkhelmet said.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I do it with a JTR team so yes it's possible, but it includes CLS and zHan so I can't help here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I do it with a JTR team so yes it's possible, but it includes CLS and zHan so I can't help here.

Lol
  • JohnAran wrote: »

Kudos for the calm response to a ridiculous, pointless and quite inexplicably vehement attack on your play (which i don’t find « reasonable » in way, shape or form)
    I’m not even concerned and seem to be more affected than you xD

To the subject however, i can’t say if it’s possible to solo rancor with jtr based team, but it is regardless much easier/faster to go the zeta vader route, as Darkhelmet said.

"Attack"? Lol ok, I was just pointing out the obvious

Jtr without CLS cannot do it, zeta Vader for the sole purpose of soloing rancor isn't a great decision eother... You need to prepare to get CLS regardless
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Jtr without CLS cannot do it

CLS is the only TMR toon in the game? "Lol."
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    I was thinking Poe perhaps would help with his taunt tmr but I could be wrong there
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    One option would be Teebo, since he removes 100% TM on basic while stealthed. You really would want to get your R2 eligible though, so you can keep Teebo stealthed permanently. Beyond Teebo's special giving him stealth, R2 can smokescreen every other turn under JTR.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    One option would be Teebo, since he removes 100% TM on basic while stealthed. You really would want to get your R2 eligible though, so you can keep Teebo stealthed permanently. Beyond Teebo's special giving him stealth, R2 can smokescreen every other turn under JTR.

Thanks
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Jyn also removes 100% TM. It's a special, not basic, but only a 2 turn cooldown.
  • Rey, Jyn, FO officer, Thrawn, BB8 it will be sloooooow and painful, perhaps you'd be looking at 30-45 mins each time
  • I'm sure it could be done if you put tm removal toons under her lead but her lead doesn't add anything to a rancor team. For example if you use teebo it is better to have him as lead since it puts a random ally in stealth which aids his tmr. So it would be better to use a leader that is actually good for rancor. I suggested Vader since you already have him and a few empire at 7 star and a single zeta woukd give you most of the team you need. If you want to use jtr you can plug her in as a fifth and probably still solo but she doesn't add much but damage.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm sure it could be done if you put tm removal toons under her lead but her lead doesn't add anything to a rancor team. For example if you use teebo it is better to have him as lead since it puts a random ally in stealth which aids his tmr.

I assume you don't have JTR.

Teebo's lead is more RNG dependent.
    I'm sure it could be done if you put tm removal toons under her lead but her lead doesn't add anything to a rancor team. For example if you use teebo it is better to have him as lead since it puts a random ally in stealth which aids his tmr.

I assume you don't have JTR.

Teebo's lead is more RNG dependent.

I don't have her yet but by reading her leader ability, it does nothing to make non resistance tmr toons better for rancor. If I'm wrong enlighten me on how her lead makes a rancor team better. I don't use teebo but just using the example that if he's in your team his lead adds more than jtr in the lead if you are running non restistance toons.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Read my post again, especially the part about R2's smokescreen. Teebo will be perma-stealthed because JTR's lead reduces R2's cooldowns so R2 can smokescreen every other turn.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Thanks I’m hoping to get r2 to seven stars this time with some luck and good rng so I’ll work on my teebo for that
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/goYt-50Wyi0

Resistance soloing rancour
    Read my post again, especially the part about R2's smokescreen. Teebo will be perma-stealthed because JTR's lead reduces R2's cooldowns so R2 can smokescreen every other turn.

Fair enough but still seems like you are wasting 3 characters just to get teebos tmr. That doesn't seem very efficient to me.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Garmaddon wrote: »

this

Jtr without CLS cannot do it, zeta Vader for the sole purpose of soloing rancor isn't a great decision eother... You need to prepare to get CLS regardless

not this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    Thanks I’m hoping to get r2 to seven stars this time with some luck and good rng so I’ll work on my teebo for that

Honestly you'll be up for disappointment, your empire won't beat R2 in their current state. You'll have to do extra work on them. Your Palpatine should have been geared by now, the longer you delay the smaller your chances get. My Palpatine was g10 and Vader g11 at the time of the event and I still struggled a bit. Having Thrawn makes it alot easier but your Thrawn at 5 stars can't even be used