First order team selection

Prev13
What would be the best units to use in the arena and raids . gy171no3tv2p.png

Replies

• Sutton
    3 posts Member
    Kylo, Kylo unmasked, & First Order Tie are all must haves IMO, the rest is a toss up.
  • j_430
    5 posts Member
    In arena, i would use KRU lead (or phasma until you get zeta on KRU) , KR, FOO, FOTP, phasma as offense and for def, use FOST in place of phasma. I would definitely recommend getting FOX up asap for arena. SFTP can be a huge help too.
    I use FO in arena also: zKRU, KR, FOO, SFTP, FOX
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    You definitely want Executioner for raids. I like to run zzKRU lead, zFOST, FOO AND Og Kylo for the rest. Leave phasma completely out of the equation.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Im about to 7* and zeta KRU. FOO is mandatory, right?
  • Phoenixeon
    1840 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Im about to 7* and zeta KRU. FOO is mandatory, right?

Yes and make him as quick as possible, should be first one to move in your team.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I would like an explanation plz...

zKRU (L) over Phasma lead...makes sense
    zFOST...makes sense
    FOO...makes sense
    FOX...makes sense

My issue lies in Kylo (w/mask)

Seems to me, zFOTP would b far more effective and w/ FOX could make it a 5v4 quite quickly. Why is Kylo preferred ?

I'm considering Arena, TW, TB...not concerned w/ Raid. Have my teams already laid out 4 HSR.
  • @Poxx OG Kylo provides turn meter for the rest of the squad.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    The 25% turn meter kylo gives for everyone is a lot. On top of the speed from KRU and TM gain from FOO, everyone is moving very fast.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    The 25% turn meter kylo gives for everyone is a lot. On top of the speed from KRU and TM gain from FOO, everyone is moving very fast.
    This exactly is why I run him. I just spam his AOE when I can. This is a fast team when they get going. And yes FOO should be going first. My FOO with 293 speed(under zzKRU lead) goes first most of the time.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    25% tm every 4 turns is only half of what Phasma can give every 4 turns tho...and she adds advantage which boosts FO toons. Sorry, I still don't get it. It's not like anyone runs Phasma. Nm, didn't read his unique, I get it
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah his unique can reset him. He also hits extremely hard with his 3rd ability and brings heal immunity.

My FO team is only g8, so Im not an expert, but since OG Kylos AOE cant crit, I gave him offense Arrow Triangle and Cross. He has over 3k attack power at g8 and hits extremely hard.

My guild has 5 or 6 guys with full g11+ KRU teams and they are by far our most consistant defensive team. Many of them have broken 16 defensive wins on more than one occasion with 8-10 wins being average. Strangely only one of them runs FOO, so I dont think they are optimized yet either.
  • Executioner is a savage. Never leave him out.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    At your level you can use pretty much whatever you have at hand already geared up. Play around and test the different toons.

For a long term investment you do want Krum (L), FOE (an absolute beast), FOO (for tm manipulation and cleansing) + 2 more. FOST is a great tank and have an awesome zeta but is a hard farm. Kylo or FOSF (or possibly FOTP) for fifth member are replacable, you can use either one of them or go for a hybrid team and use for example Thrawn instead. Enfys would probably work well in that spot as well.
  • Thanks for all the comments guys helps allot
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Seems to me, zFOTP would b far more effective and w/ FOX could make it a 5v4 quite quickly. Why is Kylo preferred ?
    Foo goes first, speeds up kylo kylo uses aoe giving everyone tm then everyone goes before the opposition.
  • What’s the recommended speed for foo
  • Fast, fast, fast.

Generally the rule for everyone!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    What’s the recommended speed for foo

For arena general rule of thumb is at least 220 for kickstarter toons like Vader or Poe or FOO. High end arena you want 240+.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    What’s the recommended speed for foo

For arena general rule of thumb is at least 220 for kickstarter toons like Vader or Poe or FOO. High end arena you want 240+.

Which is also one of the reasons you want Krum as leader. When maxed his leader ability gives FO toons +30 in speed. As for FOO make him as fast as you possibly can, the faster the better.
  • What’s the recommended speed for foo

Entirely depends on your opponents. For for me at the moment that means I have 260 on FOO (before the +30 bonus from zKRU lead). In more developed shards 270+ is needed.
    If you have speed from mods on your FOO that give you 4 or more extra speed than the opponents mods give their Vader, after zKRU lead bonus and vader's unique bonus, FOO should go first (given standard empire/sith teams). With variance in the opponents team or w/o KRU zeta just add up the bonuses and mods as needed included with FOO 145 base speed and vader 121 base speed. If your FOO is going first you should be winning on offence at least.
    Once you have the first turn use marching orders on one of FOST/FOE/kylo to get whole team to go next. At a later point of development of your opponent's you may begin to see one or two exceptions. Just to give an example, if the opponent's nihilus unique has a zeta under zEP lead, you may consider opening with pinning shot instead so as not to cleanse a debuff first turn. But, just mentioning it as the exception.
    In summary, find your fastest competitors and mod a bit faster than them... simples ;)
    For team comp as already said above aim for using zKRU(L), FOE, FOO, zFOST as a core. The 5th can be filled depending on opponent by kylo/FOSFTP/Thrawn. FOTP can take FOE's place until you have FOE. If you get raid han later he can be used on offence instead of zFOST when opponents team goes first but do not leave this team on defence for longer than the few mins between battles.
    For Hpit solo, the fastest auto FO team is zKRU(L), FOE, FOO. Add two others (fost and phasma preferably) to do it at lower gear.
    For Haat solo from 20% left in P2 to the end you'll want zKRU(L), FOE, FOO, zFOST/kylo, Thrawn
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    FO can solo HAAT P2 from 20% or the rest of the raid? Did not know that.
  • My favorite linup so far is KRU, Kylo, FOE, FOO, FOSTFP.

FOSFTP is extremely under rated. The extra stun + kru's stun means enemy Sion and Thrawn never get to move. Kylo's TM gain actually applies up to 50% TM (25% to all, then another 25% to all with advantage). FOSFTP's assist to FOE feeds more TM to the group and helps FOE stack damage more quickly.

I go between using zFOST and zKylo, but zKylo seems to hold a little better on defense. With current Palp meta, zFOST can't keep taunt and Palp just shocks/stuns and he sits there. zFOST is definitely better when facing CLS teams though.

And FOE is a beast in sith raid. I've done 9m damage with my FO squad in P3 (tier 4, not heroic), and FOE was 8m of that.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    I've been running FO since I started in late 2016.

As many have said, KRU, Kylo, FOX, FOO, FOST is a great team. Make FOO fast and give Marching Orders to Kylo. Kylo AOEs and gives 25% turn meter to all FO. FOST taunts and adds more turn meter with KRU's zeta. You'll get a whole turn first and if FOX crits, that's another 10% turn meter for subsequent turns.
  • Any good healers for a first order team. I find that’s the biggest issue with first order teams.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I have used Old Daka on my FO team pretty much since I unlocked her. Typically with full FO you are critically hitting every turn so you shouldn't get to the point you need to heal.

I throw her in for the stuns and for GW.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Executioner is a savage. Never leave him out.

Couldn't agree more. I farmed him just to get Phasma out of my lineup and because he was a quicker farm than FOST. He kills it for me in every area of the game. KRU's leadership zeta is maybe the only single move you could make that would have a bigger positive impact than adding Executioner to your squad.

Get him. Upgrade him. Use him everywhere.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Any good healers for a first order team. I find that’s the biggest issue with first order teams.

Unmasked's leadership zeta.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    Any good healers for a first order team. I find that’s the biggest issue with first order teams.

Unmasked's leadership zeta.

Oh I never realised that healed the team nice tho will miss phasmas assists
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm only using Phasma because it's too close to the next BB8 event and she's needed for Kylos ship. After that I'm 7* ing the Executioner for my arena team.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Get him. Upgrade him. Use him everywhere.

Deffo. He's plug and play. Fits anywhere and so fast and so strong.