Ship Omegas

The drop rate is abysmal. Takes like a month to finish one or two abilities on a single ship because of the drop rate. There is no way to get them outside of the challenge that sometimes, doesn’t even give you 1. CG works with math but did nobody crunch the numbers on this and realize the vast amount of time it takes just to max one ships abilities? I don’t mind zeta drop rate since we can buy them, that’s completely fine imho. But it would be nice to be able to buy the ship omegas with fleet currency. That would be a small but helpful boost so it doesn’t take a year to Omega a faction.

Replies

  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The possible drop IIRC is 1-5. I typically get 2.

    So have you really received none or are you just using the forum tactic known as "complaining via falsehood"?

    Also, there's a lot fewer ships than toons, so I get why they'd want to gate the ship omegas harder than toon zetas.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    The possible drop IIRC is 1-5. I typically get 2.

    So have you really received none or are you just using the forum tactic known as "complaining via falsehood"?

    Also, there's a lot fewer ships than toons, so I get why they'd want to gate the ship omegas harder than toon zetas.

    I’ve recieved zero a couple times, typically one. Two a couple times and that’s my best.

    I wish I had your luck. They gated ships enough with reinforcement materials. Appreciate the instant negative comments though.
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    Screenshots please. Zero is not indicated as a possible result.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    I just looked. Possible drops are 1-4.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I just looked. Possible drops are 1-4.
    Just like zetas are 1-2... how many times you get zero zetas???? All the time. Did you literally forget that in your reasoning?
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    I just looked. Possible drops are 1-4.
    Just like zetas are 1-2... how many times you get zero zetas???? All the time. Did you literally forget that in your reasoning?

    It doesn't say "1-2" it says "2." So yes 0-2 is possible, but that's irrelevant here and it doesn't match up with how they show the omegas anyway. So far you're the only one who claims to have gotten zero. I haven't yet. Unless you have a screenshot, it didn't happen.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    But it doesn't matter. Your incorrect drop reporting aside, I doubt they will change the rate due to the reason I said earlier, which is that there are far fewer ships to upgrade.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Don’t forget there is an aspect of ships that’s not been released yet... fleet battles. so I’m hope it will improve rewards
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I just looked. Possible drops are 1-4.
    Just like zetas are 1-2... how many times you get zero zetas???? All the time. Did you literally forget that in your reasoning?

    It doesn't say "1-2" it says "2." So yes 0-2 is possible, but that's irrelevant here and it doesn't match up with how they show the omegas anyway. So far you're the only one who claims to have gotten zero. I haven't yet. Unless you have a screenshot, it didn't happen.

    It didn’t happen? Whatever dude I literally care nothing for your belief. I didn’t think people who have also gotten zero zetas in a 1-2 zeta challenge would not believe 0 in a 1-4. I also didn’t think I would be the only one.
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I also didn’t think I would be the only one.

    And yet so far you are the only one, if in fact you aren't just mistaken which I'm sure is what actually is happening here.

    Also you didn't have to use "literally" there.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Have gotten one or more each time since release myself, Take a screen shot next time @DEATHCOYOTE , we are rather curious to see this, because there’s atleast 100 that I know of that have not had a zero yet, Hence the questioning of the zero you claim.
  • Have gotten one or more each time since release myself, Take a screen shot next time @DEATHCOYOTE , we are rather curious to see this, because there’s atleast 100 that I know of that have not had a zero yet, Hence the questioning of the zero you claim.

    If I had remembered to, I would have taken the pic. I had no idea I would be the lone person in this thread with this issue. Even AGI gear challenge all it shows is you can get 5 in the final sim and I just got 4. I got four ship Omega one time, so I know that’s possible. With all the bugs that have been in the game is kinda funny people here believe it all works perfect everytime.
  • Not at all, but so far your the only one claiming a zero, that’s why the interest is there, we know the numbers are not exact as for the challenges , zetas claim a 2, and that varies from 0-2 , we all know that,

    The omegas claim 1-4 iirc, so in theory it should be a m8n of one everytime. Claiming a zero , and more then once, is going to get people’s interest piqued and wanting to see proof, you know that.
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I hope I don’t have the chance for another screenshot. It would be helpful but man alive omegas are a terrible drop rate and we need an absolute crapload of them just to remmax our abilities.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The fleet battles mode is supposed to drop omeags but at a decent rate but they havent opened that yet.

    @DEATHCOYOTE i understand the devs understand the issue and have already commited to putting an alternate method to farm ship omegas into the game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The drop rate appears to be fairly higher than the drop rate for zetas materials. On top of that fewer ship omegas are required per ability upgrade (5 — 15) than the amount of zeta materials required to zeta a character ability.

    Patience, young padawan.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The drop rate appears to be fairly higher than the drop rate for zetas materials. On top of that fewer ship omegas are required per ability upgrade (5 — 15) than the amount of zeta materials required to zeta a character ability.

    Patience, young padawan.

    True, but we need a heck of a lot more of these omegas than we do Zetas :D
  • Naraic wrote: »
    The fleet battles mode is supposed to drop omeags but at a decent rate but they havent opened that yet.

    @DEATHCOYOTE i understand the devs understand the issue and have already commited to putting an alternate method to farm ship omegas into the game.

    Ok good to hear! :D
Sign In or Register to comment.