Capital ship challenge

Prev1
Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong. I’m trying to win the moth Targin ship challenge 4 but just can’t seem to get past this stage . As I’m trying to get to the next stage of the ship mats for the zetas but I’m failing every time.4ov30cn75ucm.png

Replies

• Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Your ships/pilots are too weak.They need to be at least G9/10 for you to win this.
  • Abflexer
    25 posts Member
    Same Problem.
    Challenge is massively overtuned...
    From what I've seen in videos pre 2.0 it was doable with less than 70k fleet. After 2.0 you don't stand any chance with 110k fleet.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Abflexer wrote: »
    Same Problem.
    Challenge is massively overtuned...
    From what I've seen in videos pre 2.0 it was doable with less than 70k fleet. After 2.0 you don't stand any chance with 110k fleet.

Yeah I can second that.
    I've been trying all day because I thought "this RNG everyone is talking about, it has to favor me once, right?".
    Well I never came near to beating it.
    It always goes like this:
    After one complete round of playing, one of my ships is destroyed.
    In the second phase when the AI calls in reinforcements, that's when my second ship says sayonara and good bye.
    Don't get me wrong, I always manage to destroy one of their ships as well.
    But depending on how often the AI is calling for reinforcements the battle ends with them having five ships and my fleet got destroyed.
    Or them having three ships when my fleet got destroyed.
    I guess that's when the RNG turned out to be in my favor. They only called one ship. lol
    No fun at all.
  • I ripped my mods from Arena Squad yesterday night and tried for two hours with 117k fleet while praying to RNGesus. Closest I got was one and a half ship. I instantly restarted when the first attacks (TL from TF and Stun from Silencer) were dodged or resisted. This happened surprisingly often... Like 9/10 were failed tries after 2 Abilities. Since the opponents dodge/resist that often, one might think they are even higher level than my 80/80 ships... in a challenge for level 75....
    Great programming, great beta testing.
  • Well I’m glad I’m not the only one lol it’s bloody irritating
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    what's the gear of your pilots?
  • They are all about level 8/9
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    stars too? I notice in the pic that GMT is only 5 star.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    The reason I ask is that crew GP affects ship performance. Want to get crew GP as high as possible through gear/stars/mods.

Not saying it's not an overtuned challenge but wanting to check that you're giving yourself the best chance at success.
  • They are not all seven stars it’s a nightmare at the moment as I’m trying to build up a first order team and do ships at same time. This is a grind as it is never mind getting stars for characters I don’t really want lol.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Maybe try KRU in opening lineup? If you're building FO then hopefully those are geared/starred/modded. FOSFTP may be a good option if you're farming him for your FO team.

FOTFP, KRU, TFP start with Slave I as 1st reinforcement for the taunt and hope you don't have to use geonosian whatever. The damage boost on KRU would be nice as a reinforcement but you're better served bringing in slave I for the taunt I think. Try to delay long enough for Tarkin Special and then mop up the leftovers.

Also, hope for good RNG where TFP dodges at least once in the opening round to give TM to GMT.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    I'll add that using the omega materials to give FOTP a better shot at attacking twice is very useful too.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    Maybe try KRU in opening lineup? If you're building FO then hopefully those are geared/starred/modded. FOSFTP may be a good option if you're farming him for your FO team.

FOTFP, KRU, TFP start with Slave I as 1st reinforcement for the taunt and hope you don't have to use geonosian whatever. The damage boost on KRU would be nice as a reinforcement but you're better served bringing in slave I for the taunt I think. Try to delay long enough for Tarkin Special and then mop up the leftovers.

Also, hope for good RNG where TFP dodges at least once in the opening round to give TM to GMT.

Thank you Stud for you're help.
    My tarkin, Vader and tfp are all 7*s with gear 9/8, their abilities at lvl 7 and modded with 5* and lvl 15.
    Fotfp, maul and geonosian soldier are at gear 8 with mods but not lvl 15 mods. Their abilities aren't at lvl 7 yet as well.
    But tbh we're talking about tier 4 here that's meant for newer players still.
    Otherwise the requirements wouldn't be 4* ships lvl75.
    So this lineup should definitely be enough to beat it.
    But I don't even come close.
    And there are still two more tiers which should be even harder.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    You're talking about using omegas but remember it's only tier 4.
    It shouldn't require all ships and toons maxed out.
    I hope you understand what I mean.
    It's not meant as an offense since I appreciate your help.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    It's just... Before ships 2.0 it was doable for sure.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    I understand. Like I said, not saying it's not overtuned just trying to come up with ideas to help you guys overcome it since I wouldn't count on CG adjusting the difficulty any time soon.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I understand. Like I said, not saying it's not overtuned just trying to come up with ideas to help you guys overcome it since I wouldn't count on CG adjusting the difficulty any time soon.

Yeah and I appreciate you trying to help.
    I will lvl up my tie silencer now because of that.
    But it will take some time since ship credits are pretty rare.
  • Abflexer
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    since I wouldn't count on CG adjusting the difficulty any time soon.

That's what I fear, too. ATM I put **** tons of ressources into my DS fleet, espacially TIE, TIE advanced and Silencer, since they are at least useful in Ship Arena. Thursday next try with 7/7/G9 Silencer... a ship, that could have soloed the pre 2.0 challenge -.-
  • Has this been addressed to the developers
  • Cap ship challenge has truly gotten **** up. Same as fleet arena.
    Now, all the starting ships and reinforcements are the same.
    Thank you for destroying ships EA!
    P.S. i rank 20s in 1st account and take top 3 in my 2nd.

I still say this is pathetic. Atleast there was some diversity and a bit of a chance to back out of RNG. Now its gone. If u dont have RNG in ur favor for the whole battle. Ur dead.
    Oh and special note to all those **** who nerfed chimaera indirectly! Now i dont even feel like attempting to unlock chimaera let alone get it to 7*.
    I am also pretty **** sure that EA is losing revenue in this game now..as old players and even newer ones who were frustrated with sith raid (post nerf of damage and rewards) and fleets now and have abandoned this game
  • Vestrit
    10 posts Member
    this extreme hike in difficulty is very frustrating, esp since in some shards, a few people have managed it before the update. while the rest of us wont be able to for weeks. the fights reminds me off when i try my luck on the number 1 spot in fleet arena where that guy is 200k power vs my 132k. i get spanked. i think i might make it when i get up to around 150k power. but thats ridiculous for pretty much starter fleet content. just gotta get fotfp and kru 6/7* and ships 6 starred and maybe i can manage 4* content!!!
  • JABCGamer
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I am having the same issue here. Level 82, DS characters are G8/9, always place top 10 in arena and I still CANT beat this challenge. It is very frustrating...
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    It irritates me that this wasn't addressed in the latest statement by the devs.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    It seems like all of the capital ship challenges have just become impossible now after 2.0, not just Tarkin. I'm not even getting a sniff with either Ackbar or Mace. I'm just glad I finished the Tarkin challenge before the ship rework.

• You may want to put vaders tie in the starting lineup. I would keep botht ties. That gives yiu three ships that can tl. Try and get as many ships tl as possible but at least a two or three. Call fett in for your first reinforcement and use his aoe. This is equivalent to four or five attacks depending on how many tl ships. Fett also tanks for you. If you can get fetts other special off it should also weaken the enemy a lot too. Either either way it should help you chip away at them. If you can take out the weak ones after that and gain an advantage. If not, it should weaken them enough to have Tarkin's ultimate finish them off. This strategy still works in arena so it should work here too.
  • As stated by others, a lot goes into ships, not just the ship itself.

Stars on the ships are less important than your pilots. GS 8 and above is a must. Pilots must be 85 or at least minimum level required for event. All ships abilities should be at the highest you can get them. Capital Ship as well.

Pilots need 5* mods in every slot, highest gear score you can manage, and at least all level 7 abilities or whatever is just below the omega. Pilot level must also be at 85 or as close as you can get. Same for your fleet commander.

Sun Fac, Geo Warrior, Kylo, bring in FOTF then Vader or ITF. You have no balance in your fleet with what you have. DS is very difficult without Vader or Boba
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    As stated by others, a lot goes into ships, not just the ship itself.

Stars on the ships are less important than your pilots. GS 8 and above is a must. Pilots must be 85 or at least minimum level required for event. All ships abilities should be at the highest you can get them. Capital Ship as well.

Pilots need 5* mods in every slot, highest gear score you can manage, and at least all level 7 abilities or whatever is just below the omega. Pilot level must also be at 85 or as close as you can get. Same for your fleet commander.

Sun Fac, Geo Warrior, Kylo, bring in FOTF then Vader or ITF. You have no balance in your fleet with what you have. DS is very difficult without Vader or Boba

You're absolutely right, but let's not forget we're talking about tier 4 here. With 4* ships lvl 75 required.
    This is still kind of beginners lvl.
    Maxed out pilots shouldn't be required for this.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    You may want to put vaders tie in the starting lineup. I would keep botht ties. That gives yiu three ships that can tl. Try and get as many ships tl as possible but at least a two or three. Call fett in for your first reinforcement and use his aoe. This is equivalent to four or five attacks depending on how many tl ships. Fett also tanks for you. If you can get fetts other special off it should also weaken the enemy a lot too. Either either way it should help you chip away at them. If you can take out the weak ones after that and gain an advantage. If not, it should weaken them enough to have Tarkin's ultimate finish them off. This strategy still works in arena so it should work here too.

Thank you I will keep that in mind. I don't have the credits to lvl up slave one atm.
    My starting lineup is Vader, tfp and fo tfp. Reinforcements are geo soldier and maul.
    I have silencer on the bench and sometimes I try that ship instead of one of the other reinforcements.

The skills of the executrix are maxed out but that swarm does too little damage because the opponents ships are too good.
    I never destroyed more than one ship in the whole battle, that means with the damage from ships and the ultimate combined.
    Although all of my pilots are at least gear 8, have mods on them and most of them are well skilled.
    This challenge is simply imbalanced.
  • Ruprecht wrote: »
    You may want to put vaders tie in the starting lineup. I would keep botht ties. That gives yiu three ships that can tl. Try and get as many ships tl as possible but at least a two or three. Call fett in for your first reinforcement and use his aoe. This is equivalent to four or five attacks depending on how many tl ships. Fett also tanks for you. If you can get fetts other special off it should also weaken the enemy a lot too. Either either way it should help you chip away at them. If you can take out the weak ones after that and gain an advantage. If not, it should weaken them enough to have Tarkin's ultimate finish them off. This strategy still works in arena so it should work here too.

Thank you I will keep that in mind. I don't have the credits to lvl up slave one atm.
    My starting lineup is Vader, tfp and fo tfp. Reinforcements are geo soldier and maul.
    I have silencer on the bench and sometimes I try that ship instead of one of the other reinforcements.

The skills of the executrix are maxed out but that swarm does too little damage because the opponents ships are too good.
    I never destroyed more than one ship.
    Although all of my pilots are at least gear 8, have mods on them and most of them are well skilled.
    This challenge is simply imbalanced.

Is the issue with the challenge that it's 3 v 5 now? It used to be 5 v 5 but I beat it long ago. But fetts aoe should help regardless. Fives has the same type of attack but can't use him here.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    It seems like all of the capital ship challenges have just become impossible now after 2.0, not just Tarkin. I'm not even getting a sniff with either Ackbar or Mace. I'm just glad I finished the Tarkin challenge before the ship rework.

Ackbar's 6 star challenge got a lot easier with ships 2.0.