New idea to help us all get better at raids

It would be very helpful to have a raid training room, where you could pick your raid level and phase. You would get unlimited attempts, enabling you to try out new toon combinations. It could even be a way for guilds to see if they are ready for the heroic level of a particular raid before they spend the tickets. At a minimum, it would allow members to experiment without being in a rush while the rest of their guild completes the phase.

Replies

• Or just launch a raid. Fail. And see where you need improvement.
  • Or just launch a raid. Fail. And see where you need improvement.

And wait until the next one. That's certainly a method, but not an efficient one.

Even guilds doing Heroic raids sometimes often have members still trying to get better at certain phases. This would allow them to practice and improve in between raids, whenever it was convenient. Change one character out, try a different tactic, see the difference...

Certainly not the highest priority for CG, but it could quickly and dramatically improve raid performance for all guilds.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can enter the raid, put your phone in airplane mode and do what you want. When you die, you exit and force close the app and then turn off airplane mode. Go back into the game, rinse and repeat.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You can enter the raid, put your phone in airplane mode and do what you want. When you die, you exit and force close the app and then turn off airplane mode. Go back into the game, rinse and repeat.

Yes, that's a good technique, and it would meet the needs of most, I guess. Still, it would be nice to pick my own phase and train where and when I wanted.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

does not help the raid or phase will most likely be over in that one run with the exception of STR raid (in a lot of guilds)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »

does not help the raid or phase will most likely be over in that one run with the exception of STR raid (in a lot of guilds)

Most guilds have a 24 hour wait period on the raid.

Even without it, I can usually get 2 or 3 attempts on a phase before it's done. It doesnt take long to see how things are going and at some point just stick to the run you have.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Most guilds have a 24 hour wait period on the raid.

Even without it, I can usually get 2 or 3 attempts on a phase before it's done. It doesnt take long to see how things are going and at some point just stick to the run you have.

HAAT takes us about 70-80 minutes now. If I want to try something out in P2, I've got probably 10 minutes to do so. And that means I have to be present for that exact 10 minute window.

I like the idea of a raid training option.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is one of the two big reasons, the other being that you could practice in the Sith Raid and tweak your tactics to maximize your score.