How about ungearing character?

TuncBlack
409 posts Member
Is it possible to Ungear characters?

For example some character seems unnecessary. And ı think it will be good to remove the gears from them (with receiving Half of the gear pcs.)

For example ı want to downgrade a character gear from g11 to g10, and receive half of the stun gun set(25 stun gun+25 carbanti ) etc...

Replies

• Nope. That would wreck the games "farming" and "resource management" aspect. All the old toons which are all but obsolete would be stripped and everyone would just have the new shiny metas
  • Nope. That would wreck the games "farming" and "resource management" aspect. All the old toons which are all but obsolete would be stripped and everyone would just have the new shiny metas

I mean not really, it would depend on what it takes to ungear.
  • What about NS zombie?
  • TuncBlack
    409 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nope. That would wreck the games "farming" and "resource management" aspect. All the old toons which are all but obsolete would be stripped and everyone would just have the new shiny metas
    I don't t think it will wreck.
    As territory war require strong useless toons. Nobody want to undergear all of their useless toon, we are sacrifice half of the gear pcs. And GP. Maybe we can include spending 1m credit for requirements too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nope. That would wreck the games "farming" and "resource management" aspect. All the old toons which are all but obsolete would be stripped and everyone would just have the new shiny metas

This.

Even with a cost, this could ruin the game as chasing the meta could become "easy".

Unlock traya, but didnt plan ahead, pay x coins and done.

Resource management takes planning, that what most of this game is, playing the long game.
  • TuncBlack
    409 posts Member
    Okay howabout undergear button without earn anything?
    I want my zombie g1 lol
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    I don't t think it will wreck.
    As territory war require strong useless toons. Nobody want to undergear all of their useless toon, we are sacrifice half of the gear pcs. And GP. Maybe we can include spending 1m credit for requirements too.

Going along with what kyno said and to rebute your TW claim needing geared useless toons..
    Picture this; ENTIRE guild strips all useless toons of resources, now you face said guild in TW..
    First 2 sections full of gear 12 fully zetad sith triumvirate teams. Next 2 (if you reach them) full gear 12, fully zetad RJT and CLS teams.
    After that maybe full gear 12 and zetad NS or thrawn led empire teams.. point is, with 4 power house teams the other sections will be irrelevant as your guild will have burnt through dang near everything to make it that far.

I mean not really, it would depend on what it takes to ungear.

Even at say 50% turnaround, with the amount of info and videos on the sith raid, don't you think a huge percentage of guilds would bite that bullet? Build up the 5-6 teams that have been proven to be sith raid heavy hitters and boom. Sith raid is the new haat.
  • I just had to come back cuz I thought of the solution. You want to degear your characters?

Go right ahead and start a new game! Boom. Perfect solution.
  • Kyno, would the devs ever consider a destroy gear option (kinda like when you remove mods and it prompts)? There would be no option to save it, swap it, retrieve it. It’s gone, and if you want it back you have to farm it all over. I don’t see a scenario where this would change the economy, and it would allow those who want to undergear NS Zombie a chance to try her out at lower gear. No doubt, it would have to be a very deliberate process with warnings and the like, but it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to add. (Easy for me to say, I’m not a coder). Thanks.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @Kyno

They could sell a 1-time only respec for say... $20.00. Allow ppl to ungear, unlevel, unstar whichever 1 character they want and get some/all of the mats back. This would b a large cash influx and solve the "omg I zeta'd Phasma" or "my Zombie is ruined" complaints. Win/Win.

While they're at it, get rid of this annoying black bar that shows my draft is saved in the middle of writing it...so annoying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ArmyofShea wrote: »
    Kyno, would the devs ever consider a destroy gear option (kinda like when you remove mods and it prompts)? There would be no option to save it, swap it, retrieve it. It’s gone, and if you want it back you have to farm it all over. I don’t see a scenario where this would change the economy, and it would allow those who want to undergear NS Zombie a chance to try her out at lower gear. No doubt, it would have to be a very deliberate process with warnings and the like, but it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to add. (Easy for me to say, I’m not a coder). Thanks.

I would be very doubtful they would offer anything like this for gear. they are looking to promote gearing units, as they have said. it doesn't seem like they would want to offer an ungear because of use in cases where people would want a paper zombie or some other toon that may have its use as such.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Poxx wrote: »
    @Kyno

They could sell a 1-time only respec for say... $20.00. Allow ppl to ungear, unlevel, unstar whichever 1 character they want and get some/all of the mats back. This would b a large cash influx and solve the "omg I zeta'd Phasma" or "my Zombie is ruined" complaints. Win/Win.

While they're at it, get rid of this annoying black bar that shows my draft is saved in the middle of writing it...so annoying.

i dont see this becoming a thing, but I have heard they may be looking into something like a 1 time zeta reset. but just a rumor.