Let's Talk Jawas

Prev13
YKMisfit
730 posts Member
So, I've recently started farming Jawas for the Crit Damage mods, and figured since I'm farming them, I should find out from the people who've been at it a while what other uses these little guys have outside of 3 battles (tiers 1-3 of the mod challenge). It would be a real bummer to have an entire squad of toons getting all dressed up with no place to go.

I'm aware that Dathcha forms a part of a popular AAT squad with CLS and Raid Han, and that Nebit can run with droids against select teams in the arena, but that's pretty much all I know of.

So what do you do with these guys? Are they even worth taking to 7*? Are there any who are complete duds? Are they ALL complete duds?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• Shok
    73 posts Member
    /push

Love this post. Love to hear some feedback as they have been a side project of mine for quite sometime.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I have a 35k squad for TW mop up. And by "mop up" I mean there's one wounded toon left on the level of a Geonosian.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lol right ^ took my jawas to gear 7/8 level 70 and beat tier 3 of mod challenge and haven't touched them since.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I have tham all G10, 68k without mods. They can take out 70k modded pure droid team without casualties, or just serve as trash team which deployed at TW defences.
    I am sorry, they are so cute, but they wont take you anywhere.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I have everyone but JE as he's a long term guild store farm. They're really interesting but kind of one dimensional. Just want those critical damage mods!!
  • I use Jawa engineer and nebit in a classic droid squad in tw. The other three, I use in either a weak mop up squad in tw, or in an old Ben team leading tuskens and jawas in tw defense

I have them all at gear 10/11
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    I was literally going to post this tonight! So glad you posted this!
  • Well if you team up Engineer and Nebit with 88, 86, and 47 (L), you have the OG droids team which can still do a good job rolling through GW.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    GW?

2017 called, it wants its post back. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Dathcha leading Raid Han and CLS lets u solo p1 H AAT rather easily. JE is good for droids but not as good as BB8 in full droids.

Atm, Jawas are nothing to invest heavily in.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Ok, so if I can't find them a place to go, then maybe I'll have to determine how "dressed up" they actually need to be.

Assuming the only reason to have these fools is to get a mod set, and keeping in mind Engineer and Dathcha will be 7* (one because I might use him, and the other because he's already there and an easy GW farm), what gear/star level should I have the others to be able to 3* the T3 mod challenge?

Dathcha - 7*, G8 (maybe higher depending on how easy he is to gear)
    Engineer - Same as Dathcha
    Scavenger - ???
    Chief Nebit - ???
    Jawa - ???

Who are the most important to have developed, and are there any who are basically just along for the ride? I'd really like to avoid farming Jawa and Nebit farther than I have to because their farming locations compete with toons I'd actually like to get.

Thanks again for the responses, even though I was hoping that someone has been able to find roles for them even if it's very narrow.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Theres a 2% haat team with all 5 of them in some phase and theres a 2% phase 1 tier 6 sith raid (no good in heroic) team with engineer.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Assuming the mod challenge difficulty hasn't changed, I had them all gear VII-VIII w/ no mods when I beat it long ago.
  • Redd007
    56 posts Member
    I have everyone at 7 star gear 10 with Dathcha at gear 12. They are generally poor, yet perform well in the first two sith raid phases and i use them in TB- scavenger places dets automatically which is pretty nice
  • Redd007
    56 posts Member
    al4m2a8cq2bt.png

• TVF wrote: »
    GW?

2017 called, it wants its post back. :p
    1995 called it wants its formula back:)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Dathcha: Great with Luke and Han in HAAT, as you mentioned.
    Jawa Scavenger: Very good in HAAT p2 and p4 with Clones. Because he has some health steal, he'll heal up after the tank AoEs. He also guarantees an extra attack with Rex's group attack, and if it happens to be Rex himself, that will put his TM at 100% and allow you to group attack again.
    Jawa Engineer: Works great with droids if you don't have BB-8 yet. BB-8 only speeds them up at the start of the battle, but Engineer would rarely get a second chance to give them bonus TM, so it's a push.

Chief Nebit and generic Jawa are a little lackluster. But a full Jawa team is surprisingly decent in Territory Wars on defense, or on offense against mid-tier teams. Obviously they won't beat any meta teams, but if your opponent actually uses a meta team against them, you're definitely ahead on the transaction. I'd recommend using a droid instead of Jawa Engineer, though, since Chief Nebit can call it to assist and get some extra benefits. IG-86 works well-enough. Put Jawa Engineer into a team with four droids, then put BB-8 in a Resistance team with Jedi Rey. That's three teams, ranked from really good all the way down to pretty okay!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • aypz4kg9cwnu.png
    j3f7xhvvjjvv.png
    They're worth it just for the mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Detonators work well against Nihilus in STR phase 1 (tier 6 and below). You can split them up in two teams to make best use if them:

1 team with JE, a healer and 3 assist callers / TM swappers/givers. Always call JE to assist and always give him bonus TM.

1 team with the remaining 4 jawa under Luminara lead relying on jawa scavenger to put detonators on the opponents.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Well, there's always a chance Lugo might find an amazing super squad for them.

Nebitt is a pretty decent tank if you need an extra one for cleanup teams in TW, or for a protect-the-Nihilus squad or something.
  • Jawas are also good in HAAT, decent in non heroic STR, should be useful in TW.
    They have cool synergies with droids.
    Definitely an F2P essential.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Thanks for the responses guys!

I've decided there's just too many things I want to farm from the cantina and that I'm just going to get Jawa from his two hard nodes. This will put him behind the rest from a stars perspective. So as long as it's easy to 3* the challenge with a minimally upgraded Jawa, I should be good. And since he doesn't seem to have much, if any, utility outside of the challenge, I'm cool with that.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    aypz4kg9cwnu.png
    They're worth it just for the mods.
    It's a freaking unicorn! CD triangle, CD primary, +15 secondary? Sign me up. I have a grand total of three 5° CD/CD triangles, but only 1 has a speed secondary.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    n44h7uggmcj2.jpg

Unicorn ? Nah...
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Jawas are also good in HAAT, decent in non heroic STR, should be useful in TW.

In what way are they good in HAAT? As a straight Jawa team, or some sort of combo situation?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    "Utini!"

Oh wait, we're talking Jawas, not Jawa. My bad. :D
  • The bronzium packs are too busy spamming me with ewoks to bother with Jawas right now. Though I did get a free Datcha and Jawa something or other.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    "Utini!"

Oh wait, we're talking Jawas, not Jawa. My bad. :D

I think you mean "Untinni!" my friend. :) Nice try though @Rath_Tarr lol. Jk man. ;) but still...

9tehavorizec.png

Just checked Wookieepedia. lol :mrgreen:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I think you mean "Untinni!" my friend. :) Nice try though @Rath_Tarr lol. Jk man. ;) but still...
    I never claimed to be fluent. :p
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Jawas are also good in HAAT, decent in non heroic STR, should be useful in TW.

In what way are they good in HAAT? As a straight Jawa team, or some sort of combo situation?

Jawa Engineer and Nebit with HK leader and two hard-hitting droids for Team A, and the other three (Dathcha lead) plus two other characters with really strong basic attacks (Luke, Scavenger Rey, Greedo, etc) for Team B.

There are also situational teams, like Dathcha, Luke and Raid Han (and no one else, just those three) for p1. But those two teams listed above work well because they'll be getting assists all over the place.

I know you asked about HAAT, but I'll chime in with a Territory War suggestion as well: I run four droids plus Jawa Engineer (you could use BB-8 instead, but I find it more useful with Jedi Rey's team) on one team, and the other four with General Greivous on another. Neither team is unbeatable, but they're both tough outs and will often be underestimated by opponents and beat two or three moderate teams.

(Don't go all five jawas in one team, Engineer's abilities have better effects on droids than on jawas. Meanwhile, Chief Nebit's abilities shine with at least one droid on his team. So swapping Engineer for any droid will make two teams better.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.