It Sure Is Quiet...

Prev134
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited June 2018
Soooo a massive update dropped, people have numerous questions/comments/complaints about gear requests in chat, Ships 2.0, etc, and the dev response has been...silence (5 days without a dev reply while all these questions are still being asked is too long, especially since we now have a full time Community Manager)?
C'mon CG, I thought we were past this!
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We are having a lively discussion here

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/171845/communication-commitment#latest

About this exact issue. They will likely bury your topic there too as we cant have an open discussion about communication in the general discussion area. This is why i should stick to Reddit, and Marvel Strike Force.
  • They are busy developing helmets for clones so they are tied up.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    QJinX wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/171845/communication-commitment#latest

About this exact issue. They will likely bury your topic there too as we cant have an open discussion about communication in the general discussion area. This is why i should stick to Reddit, and Marvel Strike Force.

But Marvel Strike Force blows
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    QJinX wrote: »

I, in general like this game a lot more. But MSF is taking some serious market share from CG. Issues like this are a big reason for people even trying MSF in the first place i think.
  • You’d think instead of going to other websites like Reddit, they would actually stay (mostly) exclusive to THEIR own forum. Especially since the in-game newsletter directs us here. Instead, we get angry admins who shove our useful, well thought out, and time consuming content and ideas to random sub-forums where they are never to be read or seen again.
  • Monel wrote: »

This. It looks amazing. But plays terribly. In my opinion.

• Also MSF- has like 0 dev communication.
    It is super quiet here. Can’t tgrow it all on Carrie as this isn’t her job and she took a lot of the reigns with no cm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's stay on topic please.
  • It is quiet, yes. They are busy bees behind the scenes right now. Look at all they have going on lately, and they are trying to get the ships PvE table ready ASAP for us. Chillax, people. We have enough in the game right now to worry about.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    ^^ lol big hopes buddy
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Well when you tick off your player base all the time people will grow weary and leave. Marvel Strike Force is annoying at times but I don't feel like I am being beaten down by **** changes to make the devs more money.
  • It is quiet, yes. They are busy bees behind the scenes right now. Look at all they have going on lately, and they are trying to get the ships PvE table ready ASAP for us. Chillax, people. We have enough in the game right now to worry about.

Yes but Crumb is for here. Devs are the ones that create all that content. I’m sure Crumb will be around .... soon.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It is quiet, yes. They are busy bees behind the scenes right now. Look at all they have going on lately, and they are trying to get the ships PvE table ready ASAP for us. Chillax, people. We have enough in the game right now to worry about.

Yes they are working hard I suppose. But after last weeks flaws / tragedy / bad content release " OVERALL "( not everything was bad of course and this is just my simple opinion )

I would still prefer quality over quantity. For old player , ship PvE might be auto battle for quite a while. Probably years
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nice! Bjork what a wierd chick.
    I remember watching this video on MTV lol
  • CG describing the job...
    tenor.gif
    Dude was like, ha, yeah, piece of CRUMB cake, sure, I can do that.
    Three weeks later
    200.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    It is quiet, yes. They are busy bees behind the scenes right now. Look at all they have going on lately, and they are trying to get the ships PvE table ready ASAP for us. Chillax, people. We have enough in the game right now to worry about.

Yes they're working on stuff behind the scenes, but they can't keep blindly pushing forward while people are unhappy. Will a PvE table (which I'm very much looking forward too) all of the sudden magically fix the problems people are having with Fleet Arena and Ships 2.0?
    This is eerily similar to the old days, where CG would make massive changes, then go completely silent for weeks at a time.
    Remember the Q&A's? Remember how Carrie and the other devs would comment on posts and address player concerns, even the ones where they got yelled at?
    The ships mega is 48 pages...not a single dev response.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'd take a Kyno gif at this point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

giphy.gif
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

giphy.gif

I am kyno and I approve this message.
  • It was once stated by @CG_Carrie they have a 3 year plan...

I didn't realize that pertained to forum response too.
  • It was once stated by @CG_Carrie they have a 3 year plan...

I didn't realize that pertained to forum response too.

Burn.
  • In all seriousness.
    I think ships are bugged. The ship PVE table I say much later in the month- with some technical difficulties.
    CLS abd JTR returns.
    Some DS solo toons.

I’ll never get it but - a hint at a legendary event sometime within 3 months.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Flood or wave of communication leads to down times as they focus on the game side - and crumb is also working on forum and other issues but we will try to get more comments and the details of “heard you” or “working or looking at” tend to be just a riling and not liked

But i think insulting and taking easy mean jokes is funny but doesn’t really work towards effective change and since people think being mean = reaction, maybe thats part of the problem.

Sometimes it is to quiet, or too active, etc its the balance in between but since we dont control how people handle themselves... will say will see if we can get some love on more threads to round the week off
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Flood or wave of communication leads to down times as they focus on the game side - and crumb is also working on forum and other issues but we will try to get more comments and the details of “heard you” or “working or looking at” tend to be just a riling and not liked

But i think insulting and taking easy mean jokes is funny but doesn’t really work towards effective change and since people think being mean = reaction, maybe thats part of the problem.

Sometimes it is to quiet, or too active, etc its the balance in between but since we dont control how people handle themselves... will say will see if we can get some love on more threads to round the week off

This is appreciated. I understand there is a fine line here. ESP here. It’s peak or valley.
    I do need to ask though, when Carrie and Crumb brought up better communication - what did they mean?
    This isn’t a troll or baiting I swear. But I think it will help with expectations. And of course some expectations are ludicrous and they get handled by people on the forum pretty quickly.
    But there are some that have been on here for a very long while and have heard this promise many times before.
  • the PvE ship table might be just like challenges...almost unbeatable for new/mid players, only those who maxed out there fleets before ships 2.0 might find it playable, also look at the other tables, you can easily 3 star any nod AND have an extra borrowed character all your problems are gone, and you can farm easily, but what about ships table? is there gonna be a borrowed ship? if so, then they can't give it to you at the start because it has to be 3v3 at the start, so they might lend it to you as an extra reinforcement ship?, but what if you get screwed from the start that calling reinforcements is useless?
    unless they fix the whole ship battle system, there will always be complaints
  • Maybe people wouldn't react with sarcasm, or vitriol, if we weren't treated with silence, or flippance.

Maybe.

This is the internet, afterall.

But seriously, if taking 2 minutes from someone's work day will cause the game development to come to a screeching halt- they're doing it wrong.

Even if the respond to EVERY post here, it isn't a time sink to the extent absolutely nothing else would get done. That's a weak excuse. I work 10 hour days, managing a company, and I could do it. Please.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »

This is appreciated. I understand there is a fine line here. ESP here. It’s peak or valley.
    I do need to ask though, when Carrie and Crumb brought up better communication - what did they mean?
    This isn’t a troll or baiting I swear. But I think it will help with expectations. And of course some expectations are ludicrous and they get handled by people on the forum pretty quickly.
    But there are some that have been on here for a very long while and have heard this promise many times before.

Well stated, IMHO. as for the communication, sometimes just know one has been acknowledged is all it takes. I get the mods would be super busy answering every question, which is why the forums are meant to be minimal content as per the forum rules, but by volume of players, the volume of post will increase. It also is my understanding that mods and devs are two different groups of people, so a steady supply of communication shouldn't be that taxing on the development side. It seems like nobody is asking for a FB style up to the minute update of minor things, but nobody is asking for complete silence either, thus crumb being hired? IDK, I'm just the K2 unit here.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »

Fairly stated. But the Kaiser Soze and car reclining seat gifs are pretty funny, but back to the point.

I think its fair to say a game 'improvement' thread nearly 50 pages long that (based on the posts without doing the math) is hated by something north of 90% of the community should have some kind of comment. Something, anything. Some people likely invested thousands in ships 1.0. That degree of a change should warrant a response. I cant think of another business model that finds it the norm to completely ignore paying customers for weeks on end. Venom or not. Sometimes you have to suck it up and say sorry, maybe it was for the benefit of the game, and understand it impacted some players negatively but for the long term health of the game we had to make a change. A 5 letter word would go a long way i think, even if nothing changes.

I get yelled at every day as a supervisor for things that were necessary or that i couldnt control. I hear them out, then offer a sincere apology. It doesnt in the end matter if i was right or wrong, it matters how that customer feels. Feel free to steal my roadmap for how to engage your player base. ; )
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    loneyJedi wrote: »
    the PvE ship table might be just like challenges...almost unbeatable for new/mid players, only those who maxed out there fleets before ships 2.0 might find it playable, also look at the other tables, you can easily 3 star any nod AND have an extra borrowed character all your problems are gone, and you can farm easily, but what about ships table? is there gonna be a borrowed ship? if so, then they can't give it to you at the start because it has to be 3v3 at the start, so they might lend it to you as an extra reinforcement ship?, but what if you get screwed from the start that calling reinforcements is useless?
    unless they fix the whole ship battle system, there will always be complaints

They can just add the borrowed ship to the 3 starting ship ay the beginning of the fight, the usual Is 5v5 in arena, raids, tables, GW,TB,TW... Beginning with 4 ship is exactly the same as use
    6 characters in the other table, so dont see what would be the problem there :s
This discussion has been closed.