How to find your guild (my humble opinion)

MariotaJediMaster
564 posts Member
edited June 2018
I have been on this forum for quite some time now, i feel that guilds and member often tend to over shoot their expectations.

The question is what can my guild offer the player and what can the player offer the guild.

Here is some wisdom
1. Find the guild that matches your ability not what you want. (Example if you can't post good scores on haat then chances are you not heroic sith raid ready)
2. This goes for guilds as well if your tier 4 or 5 sith raid then landing a 3m account is like winning the lottery.
3. From experience its better to be in an active guild with less gp then an inactive guild with strong gp.
4. Respect the needs of the player/guild, if the guild says active players they are looking for someone who participates in events meaning you can't wait for others to earn you gear.

Its better to be in a guild then holding out for the perfect fit, there is nothing wrong with searching the market while you reside with another...this isn't marriage.

Please leave feedback below all thoughts and opinions are welcome be nice im sensitive.

Replies

• Well, to be fair, landing a 3m account isn't necessarily like winning the lottery. I saw a 2.8 with zero HSTR teams, and would take a month for him to have 1 solid team. Hes in a bad spot.

It's more about players expecting more than guilds expecting more. Plenty of guilds, including myself, take lower than our average GP, because they have specific teams we need.

Either your guild farms HSTR and want you to have a strong, deep and well balanced roster for TW or they want you to have specific HSTR teams to help them beat it.

As of right now, GP is only important for the mega guilds to get maximum TB stats and have great TW teams.

These 2m with strong rosters aren't wanted by the big guilds because their roster isn't deep and well rounded, and the player doesn't want a guild not doing HSTR although that player would help a guild not able to complete it.

The low GP players just wants Traya and the high GP players want to get max TB stars.

Best advice is that any player wanting a HSTR guild needs to make sure they have HSTR teams, and by that I mean all g12 plus extra g12 pieces, heavily zeta'd teams and good mods. You need 2 solid teams bare minimum. I see a lot with g11 and that will not work.

Know what you bring to the table. It's more on the player than the guild. Some just need to know how little they have to offer sometimes.
  • My biggest goal here is to have guilds and players alike set their targets correctly. We all want traya shards or kenobi but can i comtribute
    We all want a guild that averages 2m gp through 50 members same thought process can be applied..
  • Unfortunately, that won't happen. Players always expect more, and guilds need more than what they can give based on what they're wanting. A good guild can offer, but if a player is asking for more they feel insulted when a guild their range asks about them. Players need to know their worth to what they're wanting.

Just because you have HSTR teams doesn't mean an HSTR guild wants you, and just because your GP is high don't expect a high GP guild to accept you. It's getting to the point where it's hard on players who feel they need a huge GP guild to "grow" when they can grow in a smaller guild much faster because of getting better raid rewards for ranking higher.