Tie Fighter does the Foresight evasion count as a dodge then?

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited June 2018
Just want to confirm. I heard his dodge chance was nerfed in 2.0 (don't use him, yet), seems to be listed (maxed) as 25.58% now (I guess higher before), so just wondering if the foresight dodge also counts towards giving the Capital ship TM? Edit - whoah, do dodges even grant the captial ship TM anymore, and how much? I don't see it listed here anymore (hmm - appears the website is having issues, again, other ships missing attacks too....) https://swgoh.gg/ships/imperial-tie-fighter/

Apparently the nerf, and other things done, were not enough to change the meta as it is still the same lineups as everyone knows. I think some NEW ships brought in should shake things up.

TIA

Replies

• Yes, it was nerfed from ~45% to ~25% to dodge.
    Yes, foresight counts as a dodge.
    Yes, it grants up to 25% TM to the cap ship on a successful dodge (up from ~10%)
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes, it was nerfed from ~45% to ~25% to dodge.
    Yes, foresight counts as a dodge.
    Yes, it grants up to 25% TM to the cap ship on a successful dodge (up from ~10%)

Both of which actually increase variance, thus increasing the effects of RNG on fleet battles outcomes. Brilliant! [/s]

ETA: and the OP is right. I had tried different teams for the past two weeks only to return to Biggs/Vader/TFP - as it holds better on defense than any other setup of run.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ah okay great, thanks for confirming, I think the TM gain is double for Empire Cap ships too, so still huge, so less dodge than before but more TM gain then

It seems they tried to get the Genosian trio to be a viable team in arena, and I see some using them but they are not in the top teams, the Biggs/Vader/TFP line up as Nikoms suggests is still a much better combo. Will be interesting (and probably irritating for some, again) to see what they do next....

Nikoms have you come around on 2.0 at all? I was as disappointed as you when it first hit, but now I do actually like it more I think....
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It is doubled. So 50%TM gain on a dodge for Executrix or Chimera. That's the battle right there. I'm not sure the prevalence of Biggs/Vader/TFP is due to the fact that it's still the best period. It may just be the best available - everyone had invested in them pretty heavily pre-2.0 so of course they're going to still be strong. Not a lot of people spending valuable resources on Geonosians early on.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hey I was using Geo Soldier in Ships 1.0. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm only missing Spy, but he is the key to the trio with the 3on1 attack. Even with that, and likely a beefed up trio can maybe take down Biggs in short order, the TM gain to Chimera with TFP combined with Vader's perma locks and DOT's is going to win them the battle me thinks
  • TFP might be an issue since the trio doesn't have any guaranteed hits, but you can always bring your own vader/poe/etc in to deal with it.