Bored of the meta, would like advice to build a new team

Empiric1
346 posts Member
This is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

Have been mainly running Nightsisters since last year, I'm a bit bored but don't really want to switch to Nightmare.

Non-meta teams are fine :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    Options
    Running Imperial Troopers or the new bounty hunters might be fun...
  • Options
    Well looks like you're already running the team i was going to suggest, and doing fine..
    Or try Rex, wampa, nihilus, sion and either thrawn or GK
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Since you are Rank 1 in arena and clearly doing this just for Fun i will suggest a Fun team.

Vandor Nest Raid Han + 2 Scoundrel Tanks. Clone Chewbacca or Storm Han lead + Bossk or Gamorrean Guard. Dont laugh at CWC lead until you have tried it. I guess could put Old Lando lead, but it has to have 2 taunting tanks to work properly.

The only weakness on this team is you dont have a pre-taunt, but an extremely fast Nest may help it. Mod Vandor for max health with health primaries and secondaries. He works fine at 4*. At 4* g8 his special can crit for 16k with no crit damage mods and it heals and give protection up.

I know it sounds crazy and Vandor's abilities on paper dont sound great but put it on 1x speed and watch the protection regen on your tanks. Try it in GW a few days. You should finish with close to 100% health and protection.

Sounds like a joke post but its not. Ive run variations of this team in every part of pve since Vandor was released and it works. Nest makes it even better. The only reason I haven't put them in arena is because I am a bum and dont have the resources to upgrade everyone.

If you really want to hack peope off run both Vets with it. They work well too. They both do good damage and give insane amounts of control with AOE ability block and AOE speed down and 2 stuns and a taunt wipe and a daze and stagger.

The 2 Vets + Nest + RHan + Lando might make a fun nuke team too. Boba lead might work for nuke team.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Options
    That is a tough question since you're the only one who can really decide what you consider fun. Me personally I'd like to run Clones, Ewoks, different variations of IT squads and last but not least, resistance cheese expose squad.
  • Options
    That is a tough question since you're the only one who can really decide what you consider fun. Me personally I'd like to run Clones, Ewoks, different variations of IT squads and last but not least, resistance cheese expose squad.

With resistance he will drop down very fast, they are bad in defence
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    My rogue one era empire team is fun. I can get as high as the 30's with them. Or drop back out of the 100's depending on how much I get targeted. Thrawn, DK, DT, ST, GMT.

I really want to do Jedi. But, um, ya.

Hey dude, I was literally thinking of doing a similar team, sadly I don't have Death Trooper or Krennic yet but what do you think of this:

zEP - Vader - Tarkin - Shoretrooper - Thrawn

I have 1 zeta available, the way I see it, It's either going to go on Palpa. Thrawn leadership or Veers unique

• Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    In my case (just for fun), Rex lead with GK,Raid Han,CLS and Palpatine.
  • Options
    You should switch to Thrawn Lead if your Vader is slower because of mods.
    Opponents faster Vader will do force crush which will fill you whole team's TM.
    This should be your window of opportunity.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    You should switch to Thrawn Lead if your Vader is slower because of mods.
    Opponents faster Vader will do force crush which will fill you whole team's TM.
    This should be your window of opportunity.

How would that hold against FO teams ? And does it require Thrawn leadership zeta ?
  • Options
    I really enjoy running my FO team in arena. Quite a mix of control with stuns and TMR, high damage with FOE, durability with KRU and FOST, lots of TRM gain and advantage, counters and assists too. You get the chance to be quite tactical and are not always using the same ability as soon as it's off cooldown like you do with some teams. For example, with Kylo you want to be using lash out most of the time for TM gain but occasionally using outrage for that important stun or with FOO you are using marching orders on FOE most of the time but keeping an eye on the opponents turn meter to see if your going to give an EP lead team too much TM by cleansing some debuffs etc. Also you have lots of flexibility to swap in different characters into the 5th spot. Mostly it's kylo you want but occasionally you need thrawn to deal with an RJT or a sith trooper or maybe you want raid han to deal with a super quick vader. The AI with a FO team is shockingly bad though and they are targeted a bit more often so you have to deal with falling a bit.

Re: thrawn lead empire/trooper/sith teams I actively look for them with my FO because not having to deal with Palp's turn meter train is a god send. There are only a few of them in the top end of my shard though, it's mostly nightmare all the way up. Also, I think Thrawn lead teams waste a lot of there own turns on defence cleansing minor debuffs from themselves.