Please bring back the old retreat

Varlie
1286 posts Member
I know that this has been beat to death but since this is the new feedback section, I am going to make the plea one more time.

For new players, the new retreat option was put in as a simple fix to the whole Retreat vs Force Close options. People were using Force Close on the app to reset the battle. The Retreat option at the time allowed you to pull back from the fight leaving both teams at their current health. This allowed for more strategy during the fight. You could go in with a could heavy hitters and take out the primary threat, often losing someone or getting more than one person into red health range. You then retreat, bring in a fresh team to do clean up and you would face the opposing team as it stood when you retreated. It did not reset the whole battle.

The only problem with this version was that the retreat cleared all buffs/debuffs. People would retreat as soon as a tank taunted to clear the taunt or when Vader did his AOE Debuff. If they would fix it where you kept the active buffs/debuffs upon retreat, this is still a better, more strategic, funner way to go through the War.

It also gave you a chance to bring in your wounded at the end of a battle when you only had one target left and try to heal them for the next battle. This was not a guarantee since you still had to cycle through attacks until the Healer's turn.

So this is my plea. Please bring back the old retreat but fix it where buff/debuffs stayed on both teams when retreating.

Replies

• Bottom line ... old retreat was fun, new retreat feels like work, not fun.
  • I would agree with tahj218. The old retreat was fun. You were still trying get the right squad, but it didn't feel so much like a grind. This way, combined with ridiculous matching, it is not fun. Not even close. 20 retries is absurd. Losing group after group after group with no visible impact is equally absurd.
  • +1Mil
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Varlie wrote: »
    For new players, the new retreat option was put in as a simple fix to the whole Retreat vs Force Close options. People were using Force Close on the app to reset the battle. The Retreat option at the time allowed you to pull back from the fight leaving both teams at their current health. This allowed for more strategy during the fight. You could go in with a could heavy hitters and take out the primary threat, often losing someone or getting more than one person into red health range. You then retreat, bring in a fresh team to do clean up and you would face the opposing team as it stood when you retreated. It did not reset the whole battle.
    The problem is that the "Official Story" on this is that they "always intended" for retreat to work the way it is now, even though this is obviously nonsense. They are never going to admit that this was a mistake and undo it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.