Why am I getting 3rd or worse??

Prev1
joedaddy
14 posts Member
I keep being the 1st to complete the HERIOC rancor.
After waiting for an hour to collect, I keep getting 3rd or worse!!

Why am I getting robbed. I have the same amount of points as others who finish AFTER me.

What's up with this??
Not fair to always finish 1st and get lousy rewards. I didn't beef up my teams to get robbed....

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rankings for the same score are selected by RNG.
  • joedaddy
    14 posts Member
    That needs to be changed or I will always lose.. This game is getting worse by the day!!
    Can they not keep THIER hands off of crap that working fine???
  • If 15 people solo it, you could theoretically get 15th.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @Trystan_Spyder you do know this isn’t a new thing don’t you?

My guild I solo and regularly end up at place 20 or above
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    joedaddy wrote: »
    That needs to be changed or I will always lose.. This game is getting worse by the day!!
    Can they not keep THIER hands off of **** that working fine???

It's been this way for a while. What would you suggest?

Is it fair that you are first every time if you score the same as a bunch of other people?

This is my favorite complaint of the day so far.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Careful @TVF it will be your fault ina minite
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Stop being silly. You don't always loose. In case of ties your order/rank is randomly assigned. Some times you win, some times you loose. If you always won and took 1st, then it means your guild mates never took first. That's not fair to them, is it?
  • To be honest, I look at where I am in the rankings at the end of the join period. If there are 10 guildmates ranked ahead of me that can solo it, I won't waste the effort. If I'm close to the top of the rankings then I'll take the time to run the raid and get a better spot. I'm hardly ever in the first spot so I don't worry about rank 1.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The way it is right now is probably the best way it can be, if it would who finish first, it would make it pointless competition decided by few seconds, you cant give everyone top rewards, because it would too easily exploitable, just hope rng is in your favor. Rewards for first are not that better and usually just extra challenge stuff. You get few more shards for han, but if you cna solo it, you probably already have him
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It used to be assigned not randomly....player ID or something like that. Which was terrible, because if your number was 40 and everyone could solo you would finish 40th every time. Terrible.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    To be honest, I look at where I am in the rankings at the end of the join period. If there are 10 guildmates ranked ahead of me that can solo it, I won't waste the effort. If I'm close to the top of the rankings then I'll take the time to run the raid and get a better spot. I'm hardly ever in the first spot so I don't worry about rank 1.

I assume you aren't able to solo? If you can it's like two extra button pushes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Before they fixed this a while ago, it was a set order so no matter how quickly you did it or how upgraded your team was, the order for people who soloed was fixed.

Are you saying that was working fine? Because that was the fix they implemented a long time ago.
  • TVF wrote: »

I assume you aren't able to solo? If you can it's like two extra button pushes.

I can solo, it's not worth the effort (for me) for essentially the same loot box
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Lol, ok.

I hope you don't bother simming GW either.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Before they fixed this a while ago, it was a set order so no matter how quickly you did it or how upgraded your team was, the order for people who soloed was fixed.

Are you saying that was working fine? Because that was the fix they implemented a long time ago.

I’m sure it would have been fine if his player ID would have him ranked 1st every time. Otherwise, how dare you rob me of my loot!!!
  • Rpaulsen310
    185 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol, ok.

Not sure why you care whether I can solo the pit raid or choose to sim GW. I do whatever I feel like doing in the time frame I have available.

Besides, the point I was trying to make was that you can get a pretty good idea of where you'll end up by reviewing your position in the join list vs. the others in your guild that can also solo the raid.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol, ok.

Not sure why you care whether I can solo the pit raid or choose to sim GW. I do whatever I feel like doing in the time frame I have available.

Besides, the point I was trying to make was that you can get a pretty good idea of where you'll end up by reviewing your position in the join list vs. the others in your guild that can also solo the raid.

I don't care, I just think it's funny in a game of pushing buttons you wouldn't push a couple more. Moving on.

And yes your point there is accurate and I do the same (the checking position part only - I still auto it regardless).
  • joedaddy wrote: »

Ok, let's do some math here. You're finishing first. Two other people are tying with you. Who gets 1st is decided by RNG. So you will get first roughly 33% of the time. You will NOT "always lose."

If you are indeed always losing, you should submit a bug report.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    It's far better than it used to b. If 20 ppl all solo it, they r randomized 1-20. It used to b based alphabetically by player ID which had the same ppl always top 3 regardless when they finished. It's far better now.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    who cares most of the time you get better rewards for ranking 50th than you do for 1st place, the only main benefit is han solo shards tbh
  • Seems like a good place to implement the same reward system as the daily changing guild activities where a tie in number of, say, light side energy spent would give both players the same higher rank.
  • Frodoking wrote: »
    Seems like a good place to implement the same reward system as the daily changing guild activities where a tie in number of, say, light side energy spent would give both players the same higher rank.

No, Not at all, that would be horrible ,
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The current system is far better than it used to be and better than most other suggestions I've read since.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The only correct solution is to give me first every time.

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Or to give the rankings in order of those that completed it. So the first to solo gets first. Second gets second, etc, etc.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Or to give the rankings in order of those that completed it. So the first to solo gets first. Second gets second, etc, etc.
    Frodoking wrote: »
    Seems like a good place to implement the same reward system as the daily changing guild activities where a tie in number of, say, light side energy spent would give both players the same higher rank.

No, Not at all, that would be horrible ,

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »

They all contributed exactly the same towards killing the Rancor. Finishing your run first doesn't change one bit on the end—result. Stop being silly.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Frodoking wrote: »

That's not how it works with daily guild activities. Did you never notice that the expected rewards of the previously higher ranked player also can decrease?
  • We need as many people as possible to comment on this problem. It has gone on way to long.
    People who finish first or tie in points should not be getting robbed of first place rewards!!
    I know that they are using random number generators to decide awards but this is NOT fair to those who either finish first or those that tie with most points.
    A fairer system would be to give everyone in THeSE groups the first place rewards. After all your not " giving the store away "
    So if your also in this position post your comments please.
    That's the only way to get their attention is if everyone let's them know how unfair it is for all of us in this situation.

Thanks everyone.
  • joedaddy wrote: »

Ok, let's do some math here. You're finishing first. Two other people are tying with you. Who gets 1st is decided by RNG. So you will get first roughly 33% of the time. You will NOT "always lose."

If you are indeed always losing, you should submit a bug report.

Did that and got nothing in response. Totally ignored me.