Ships 2.0 Update - 6/7/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ships 2.0... It's true that it has made fights shorter, because I know by the end of the first turn if there's any hope of winning, so I often forfeit in the first 30 seconds. That is, unless I end up sitting there through the entire timer, not playing, so that I don't have an 8 minute long vulnerable period before a payout. Of course, I hadn't had a battle end in a legitimate draw where I was still fighting and ran out of timer for a year at least... but now I get them often in ships 2.0.

I also hate that I have the slowest capital ship, no matter what. Endurance is still my favorite ship, but even with the Endurance at level 85, 7*, with the skills at 8/7/7, and with Mace Windu at gear 12.5 with 5* mods... my capital ship is still slower than a 5* Chimaera, and it always slower than any other 6 or 7* capital ship. This is ****. All of these capital ships should be competitive, but they are not... Chimaera still rules the fleet arena, because every ability it has is twice as good as any other capital ship's abilities. I get that Chimaera should be good because of the requirements to get it, but come on... its still the dominate ship in arena on my old shard, with only a couple of Tarkins and maybe one Ackbar or Endurance in the top 50. As far as ship diversity goes, every fleet in the top 50 using Chimaera or Tarkin uses the exact same ship lineup. I always know exactly what I'm going to fight, and every fight is exactly the same.

I'll throw in a positive though. I really like reinforcement abilities. They add a new dynamic to the matches... unfortunately they really didn't do anything to change fleet diversity.

Final thought... does CG have something against the Republic/Jedi faction? The jedi are a rather unimpressive faction that have some very powerful lore characters who don't have any zetas, and the Republic fleet is pretty weak too. This really goes against the lore, because the Republic fleet is the only one to actually be involved in a full scale war and win. The Empire lost to a small insurgency force, and only because Vader killed the Emperor. The First Order was never taken seriously by the new republic, or whatever the "resistance" only bothered to try and fight them off with a single squadron of x-wings. Also, why is Biggs still the god of fleet arena? He died like a chump.

I would like to see all the factions have an equal chance of winning, not just the Empire/First Order tag team.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Game 100% cheats on favor of AI with new fleet table. Enemy had Biggs Vader and ITP all will 0 TM. I brought my Vader in as Reenforcement with tier 3 reenforcement bonus, used Vader’s special to inflict debuff on enimies, scored all buffs and 100% turn meter, then every enemy ship took a turn despite my Vader having 100%TM and enemy Thrawn popped his ultimate killing me. It should have been my turn. Vader is a maxed Pilot all ship abilities are maxed. Good job for Sion node, CG. Said it before and sayIng it now, Aug 2018 you loose a paying customer to Blizzard for aweful game mechanics.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options
    Thanks for making what was once fun awful
  • Options
    With the introduction of the new PvE table ships got much better and much much funnier. However, fleet arena is still too much depending of RNG, which is ALWAYS on the opponent's side. AI get always crits and dodges (a ridiculous amount of dodges) when they need them. I saw, more than once, Biggs ship dodging 3 times in a row! My own never dodged once since I'm playing. Devs have done a fantastic job with the PvE table and I'm pretty sure they will be able to balance the RNG at the same level of ship 1.0
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Ship battles now cost 3 times more time to play and much less fun than before the update
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Ship battles now cost 3 times more time to play and much less fun than before the update

No ship battles are fast. Invest in Biggs, Ghost, Phantom, Kylo, Vader Boba, Tarkin. I am in top 20 with little challenge to my formula. 1 year plus shard with lots of 4mil GP teams. Open with Kylo Ghost Phantom. Burn down their protection and debuff them saving phantoms target lock until Biggs enters battle. Bring in Vader then Boba if you need him. I usually don’t get to the ultimate or a need for 3rd reenforcement. Make sure Biggs is tier 3 reenforcement, 2 min and max Vader’s abilities and reenforcement out. 2 minutes max.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Is this going to be another answered thread going 50+ pages of factual complaints from people posting real world experiences with this game and this new terrible mode?

Like seriously, 2 things to get people to like you again, fix up this ship mess and give a large buff to tier 1-6 drops from sith raid.

Literally that simple. Just to that and bam, 90% of the complaints I see here will disappear.

Many many people have posted ways ships can be fixed to be better, just pick one.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Factual complaints?

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    xopcn5dr60z1.png

Oh yeah. It's just going oh so horribly. Everyone contact your congressman. You just can't win with Ships 2.0
  • Options
    Accurate complaints, the point is the same. People are frustrated beyond the point of agony with the crappy Sith Raid rewards and all the ship 2.0 issues. Definitely the two biggest issues in the game now, and people are quitting, I will be another soon, the Sith Raid in particular is such a frustrating slog of RNG all for nothing
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Accurate complaints, the point is the same. People are frustrated beyond the point of agony with the **** Sith Raid rewards and all the ship 2.0 issues. Definitely the two biggest issues in the game now, and people are quitting, I will be another soon, the Sith Raid in particular is such a frustrating slog of RNG all for nothing

Here's the thing, though. A lot of the complaints are dumb. I don't want to be put on another 24-hour time out, so I won't name names, but one of the folks who really hates 2.0 has been complaining about how it's all RNG and he can never tell what ship will go next and is very frustrated that his ships are so slow, but elsewhere he's admitted to not knowing that pilot speed and ship speed are unrelated. That's a BASIC CONCEPT to ships that he was ignorant of.

Elsewhere you have people who are saying that getting a target lock resisted or dodged means you lose, but they're also unwilling to try anything that doesn't involve target locking. Or unwilling to try different ships for those target locks. They're given alternatives and their response is generally "I shouldn't have to change my strategy because what worked before doesn't work any more."

Why should the opinion of people with that level of ignorance of the basic mechanics of the game be the baseline for feedback?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Accurate complaints, the point is the same. People are frustrated beyond the point of agony with the **** Sith Raid rewards and all the ship 2.0 issues. Definitely the two biggest issues in the game now, and people are quitting, I will be another soon, the Sith Raid in particular is such a frustrating slog of RNG all for nothing

Here's the thing, though. A lot of the complaints are dumb. I don't want to be put on another 24-hour time out, so I won't name names, but one of the folks who really hates 2.0 has been complaining about how it's all RNG and he can never tell what ship will go next and is very frustrated that his ships are so slow, but elsewhere he's admitted to not knowing that pilot speed and ship speed are unrelated. That's a BASIC CONCEPT to ships that he was ignorant of.

Elsewhere you have people who are saying that getting a target lock resisted or dodged means you lose, but they're also unwilling to try anything that doesn't involve target locking. Or unwilling to try different ships for those target locks. They're given alternatives and their response is generally "I shouldn't have to change my strategy because what worked before doesn't work any more."

Why should the opinion of people with that level of ignorance of the basic mechanics of the game be the baseline for feedback?

I keep seeing this and it so doesnt make any sense. If any strategy without target lock would be more efficient than the meta, it would be the meta, wouldnt it? More and more of it would spread, until the top20 turns into that fully, but thats just not the case. My shard is 19 meta 1 geotrio in the top20.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe the meta is the meta because people already had those ships built up (mostly pilot gear)?

That's certainly why I'm running the meta, at least as a starting lineup.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Rng is not factual? You saying that RNG is not a factor? So RNG is not up for discussion? I guess RNG must not exist, RNG is not a fact, RNG is not "factual" enough, RNG is not real.

Biggs/Tie advanced/TFP is not real, people are not spamming that in arena at all, nope, not a fact at all, biggs is perfectly balanced, he's a weak ship cause factually that's not actually an op ship at all.

Ect. I mean, if that's your comeback, I didn't really need to reply at all, lol.

And I guess the other problem here is the people who want to see ships improve now have all moved on cause they realise the devs don't listen to a word we say.

@Pulsehammer Only 4th? I can come 1st in my arena ship shard thanks to ships 2.0 making the whales easier to beat since they keep trying to not use Biggs/Vader/TFP and keep losing terribly. The only time I can't beat them is when they do go that, and then RNG still dictates who wins. Congrats on getting good rng, I can get it too sometimes. It doesn't make ships "Good" that rng allows us to get higher in the ranks. It means it requires less skill.

I still think this update has been terrible regardless of my higher ranking, and yes, before people gave up, there was many many good suggestions as to how to fix ships.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Lol indeed.
  • Options
    My neighbors now call the cops on me every night around payoff because they think i am beating my kid. Ships 2.0 is the most frustrating experience i have ever had.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I have been pretty critical when it comes to several updates and misques on CGs part. However I when it comes to the ships 2.0 update I have been pretty neutral and lately I've felt that it has been an overall good update. Its a decent shift and the reinforcement abilties add more strategy to the content, though it would be better if reinforcements would come out in the order we select as apposed to the random order they current come out in. Likewise likewise the new omega abilites have an overall good feel to them and the lark 30% damage boost most moves get makes the payout worth it/nessisary in order to have a good team.

Now why was I neutral at the begining? Well first we really didn't have good access to reinforcement materials and only limited access to omegas. On top of that learn what the new upgrades and changes are for all the ships is alot and the meta, while it hasn't really shift all that much to this point, didn't start changing for several weeks. This was daunting to the point where I actually started getting frustrated to the point where I was on bored with everyones complaints on RNG until I started actually looking into slight changes to my team and what upgrades I should focus on. Also the time to complete hasn't shortened at all (this was a big reason the devs claimed they wanted to make the change from 5 to 3 ships).

Why do I think its good now? Turns out you should really look at your captial ships leader ability and see what it does when its maxed out (Tarkins is OP). On top of that you really need to look at tweaking what you ran in ships 1.0 and look up new strategies. While the meta seems to have shifted to geonosians... no one really has them because their toons are aweful and Spy/Sun Fac are not an easy farm. Having said that even the old target lock Biggs meta has changes some what.

I'll clue some of you guys in. If you don't have Thrawn's ship, max out Tarkins Capital Ship Leadership ability (You gain 20% turn meter whenever any ship is destroyed). Max out Biggs unique omega, Tie Advanced reinforcement, FOTP basic and unique, and TFP basic and unique. You can also invest into Slave 1's reinforcement and the Silencers (I don't use him but when maxed he gives a big Crit Up chance to everyone). The idea is Biggs, FOTP, and TFP will start out. 90% of the time you will get a target lock to get ****'s to taunt. Bring out Tie Advanced as your first reinforcement 100% of the time. He will dot up and put offense down on all enemies. Your ships will get a 20 - 40% attack boost for each enemy that has a debuff from Tarkin and Tie Advance just debuffed the whole enemy team. This should allow you to easily start taking down enemy ships, which will just feed your turn meter. I've called out Tie Advanced when I've been down 3 to 1 and turned it into a 2-2 tie or even 1-3 miss match.
  • Options
    I would just like to mention again that ships 2.0 have made fleet arena irritatingly ****.
  • Pulsehammer
    158 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gorem: I didn't lose a single fight yesterday and only did today when I tried swinging for #1. (I got up to #3, ending at 4th). This is against higher-starred capital ships with the carbon copy Vader/Tie/Biggs starting lineup.

Anomalies are luck. This is a pattern, as I can climb like this at will up to third place. What I believe to have FAR more influence on this is fleet commander strength and thoughtful upgrades. Not too many Tarkin's are as strong as mine and I've now switched my lineup to the Geo trio (which I already had built up both toons and ships since I like non-meta) and invested in them. The shard mates I cannot beat? Heavier upgrades on their capital ships and clearly some G12 pilots.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe Carrie has developed a secret crush on me and digitally inserted a "he's always lucky" algorithm in my account as a token of her affection. :)

6qw8al1c42yx.png
    Post edited by Pulsehammer on
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem: I didn't lose a single fight yesterday and only did today when I tried swinging for #1. (I got up to #3, ending at 4th). This is against higher-starred capital ships with the carbon copy Vader/Tie/Biggs starting lineup.

Anomalies are luck. This is a pattern, as I can climb like this at will up to third place. What I believe to have FAR more influence on this is fleet commander strength and thoughtful upgrades. Not too many Tarkin's are as strong as mine and I've now switched my lineup to the Geo trio (which I already had built up both toons and ships since I like non-meta) and invested in them. The shard mates I cannot beat? Heavier upgrades on their capital ships and clearly some G12 pilots.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe Carrie has developed a secret crush on me and digitally inserted a "he's always lucky" algorithm in my account as a token of her affection. :)

6qw8al1c42yx.png

354 k power ? Lol. At mine shards it is 390k+ needed not to be swallowed. Lucky you. I would win every time I have such competitors...
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I just literally lost a battle in 20 seconds,mirror teams no problem for AI.I ran into superthrawn,AI capital goes 1st-tractor beam,i go-tractor beam which hits every1,somehow superthrawn is back up to call in a reinforcement,slave1 slaughters my biggs but wait,i get to call in a ship so i bring in a fully maxed poe to kill biggs with a stitch of protection but guess what,he doesnt and i get smashed with back to back crits from vader and Tie.Im not complaining,it was comical gold!
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Piggy back off my last post,I faced the same team and destroyed him pretty quickly..AI is doing some wonky things tonight.
  • Options
    354 k power ? Lol. At mine shards it is 390k+ needed not to be swallowed. Lucky you. I would win every time I have such competitors..

So what you're saying is you've had even more time to build and prepare a strong fleet.

And did you notice that I'm hanging in the top three with nearly 100k less power?

Strategy and synergy count...
  • Options

6qw8al1c42yx.png

Those teams would struggle to crack the top 50 on my shard and would fall out of the top 100 over night.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Gosh, it's so strange, it's almost like every leaderboard has its own meta based on its age and that you can't draw universal conclusions based on your own experiences with your own leaderboard...

Just keep working on your ships. If you're a coward, that's fine, just horde resources until other people do the work for you and find what works. Then you can go back to always being a half a step behind again.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Gosh, it's so strange, it's almost like every leaderboard has its own meta based on its age and that you can't draw universal conclusions based on your own experiences with your own leaderboard...

Just keep working on your ships. If you're a coward, that's fine, just horde resources until other people do the work for you and find what works. Then you can go back to always being a half a step behind again.

Because not wanting to gear up garbage toons that aren't useful anywhere in the game like Geos makes you a coward?
  • Options
    SirOberon wrote: »

Because not wanting to gear up garbage toons that aren't useful anywhere in the game like Geos makes you a coward?

This is my issue. Biggs is a gear hog, for what, his health is way too low to be useful in the game IMO, and my fleet hurts because I am so reluctant to spend on him. Same goes for some others, gear is so hard to get, do I really want to spend it on these kinds of toons? I really don't, yet, I will be FORCED too, sucks
  • Options
    SirOberon wrote: »

This is my issue. Biggs is a gear hog, for what, his health is way too low to be useful in the game IMO, and my fleet hurts because I am so reluctant to spend on him. Same goes for some others, gear is so hard to get, do I really want to spend it on these kinds of toons? I really don't, yet, I will be FORCED too, sucks

Biggs was my first 7* character... He's a great part of Rebel teams... Most youtubers rank him as one of the best f2p characters...
  • Options
    I guess I don't consider toons that are getting me 100-200 extra crystals daily as garbage. And Biggs hasn't been in my fleet for two weeks now.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I mean it's not like fives. His ship is amazing but you will use him no where else other than ships.