Han, Chewie, & the Falcon

We have five Hans, and none of them pilot the Millennium Falcon, of which we have 2 versions, even though that is one of the most iconic pairings in the history of Star Wars.

We have three Chewbaccas, and none of them are Rebels or Resistance, even though Chewbacca was directly involved in their greatest, most iconic victories.

Look, I get it, you gotta work the new stuff for the sake of cross-promotional marketing. But really, There should have been a Rebel Chewbacca in the game at least as far back as when Raid Han was available, and there should have been a Han & Chewie Falcon from the moment ships were introduced (along with a Pilot Luke Skywalker and Luke's X-Wing for that matter). And to kick the dead Taun Taun yet again, Vet Han & Chewie should have a dang Resistance tag. Game balance may be more important than lore, but balance can be adjusted behind the scenes, and you guys have really dropped the ball on keeping up with the classic lore, the foundation of the Star Wars that we used to know, and it is a constant disappointment, every time I find myself using any of these characters or ships, or in a situation where I should be and they aren't there or don't fit because your development team consciously decided that the foundational lore of the IP was not relevant to the game.

Replies

• Yup
  • BrekRegis
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Totally agree, the clone wars chewie should just be Chewbacca and cover all 3 eras like R2 does. I get the fact that new characters sell but I've always found it odd Han isn't a pilot in this game. Surely CLS and R2 should have their own ship too.

An increase in squad variety in this game eminates from added toon tags and synergies, not less.

So yea, OP nailed it.
  • I agree Han and Chewie should have a Falcon and Luke and R2 should have a X-wing. Please bring them to the game.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Obviously, we need to introduce the OT Millennium Falcon.

And at the same time introduce Nien Nunb, and have the Falcon piloted by classic Lando and Nien Nunb.
    Still not a he.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    just want to Add that Anakin (arguably the best pilot in SW lore) has no ship, but his Padawan does. I can understand if they don't give GK a ship he was never a "great pilot" but he also had a Jedi star fighter. Hopefully this stuff is corrected when they add more Ships and a PvE table.

I suspect they know these are the best of the best ships and are potentially waiting to release Luke's X wing, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, and Han's Falcon as these could all potential be Hero Journey Events for Ships. Like they could release a daring droid like event to get Han's Falcon (must have empire ships), then 3 months later when it comes back you would need it and Wedge and Biggs to do the Hero's Journey for Luke's X-wing. Similarly they can do the same sort of event to get GK's Starfighter (must have all Geonisian ships) then 3 months later require it to complete Anakin's Starfighter heroes' journey along with Ashoka and Plo's ships.