Buy mods at level 50?

Axiom
39 posts Member
So I just unlocked mods and wanted to know what are some must have mod attributes. Also should I start buying mods now or should I save my credits for now?

Replies

• Farm health mods for now, make it thru tier three, three star it, and then farm mods there , say two days a week and the other five work your cantina farms. It’s not really worth it to buy mods from the store just yet, Also, three star tier three of the def mods, this will get you better quality mods in the store,

If you want to bank some credits, to buy mods, only allow your self to splurge on five dot speed primary arrows, any colour, Otherwise, farm health mods for the time being. There’s enough other things you need your scarce credits for, trying to buy mods wouldn’t be an easy thing to do right now.
  • Don't waste the credits this early in the game buying mods from store. Just work on 3 starring health mod challenge.
    On circle mod usually want protection primary over health.
    Cross is class dependant, usually tanks want protection primary there as well.
    Triangle mod, protection primary for tanks, crit damage for attackers.
    Arrow you want speed primary.
    And the BIGGEST takeaway, at least I do it, don't waste resources on mods without speed secondaries. SPEED IS KING.
  • From my experience you should buy ONLY 5 dot Arrows with Speed Primary, they make a huge difference, and really hard to farm. This would cost a fortune but would pay off, as swapping them around could make an undergrarrd team strong enought for different events. But don’t bother buying anything else - farm it from tier 3 health challenge)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    From my experience you should buy ONLY 5 dot Arrows with Speed Primary, they make a huge difference, and really hard to farm. This would cost a fortune but would pay off, as swapping them around could make an undergrarrd team strong enought for different events. But don’t bother buying anything else - farm it from tier 3 health challenge)

Only arrows have speed primary.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    From my experience you should buy ONLY 5 dot Arrows with Speed Primary, they make a huge difference, and really hard to farm. This would cost a fortune but would pay off, as swapping them around could make an undergrarrd team strong enought for different events. But don’t bother buying anything else - farm it from tier 3 health challenge)

Yes but I think he's saying to only get the 5dot, not 4 or 3, etc. And I agree with that recommendation. You want the 5dots.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Yes but I think he's saying to only get the 5dot, not 4 or 3, etc. And I agree with that recommendation. You want the 5dots.

If that is what he is saying (I don't think that is what he is saying), I agree...he mentions only 5 dot..... Then goes on to say they should all have speed primary.....
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Early on I would suggest just to focus on the mod challenges. You will need all your credits (Fleet and Coin) for levelling toons and ships and to a lesser extent abilities.

As said, the health challenges are the easier ones to get early game.

If you can get a good set of mods early it can be a few hundred places or more in Arena where cookie cutter teams are differentiated by mods.

One other tip is only spend coin on levelling coloured 5 * mods as they will already have a secondary stat. The others I would sell unless they are an arrow 5 dot with a speed primary.

If that is what he is saying (I don't think that is what he is saying), I agree...he mentions only 5 dot..... Then goes on to say they should all have speed primary.....

Reread it, you’re wrong, the post is clearly referring to buying only five dot speed arrows and nothing else, ie no other mods, farm the other ones, buy the speed arrows,

Reread it, you’re wrong, the post is clearly referring to buying only five dot speed arrows and nothing else, ie no other mods, farm the other ones, buy the speed arrows,

Okay, i’m not a native speaker, so sorry if I was unclear, but what I was saying is that on lvl 50 you should consider buying mod only if 3 conditions are met:
    It has 5 dots
    It is an arrow
    It has speed primary.

Fair point, that if third condition (speed primary) is true, then second condition (arrow) is true automatically, so, from formal logic, it’s excessive:)))

And, again, it’s only my experience. I’ve bought 5 speed arrows somewhere around lvl 60, and from one side - was STARVING credits for lvling my chars (and couldn’t complete GW a couple of times), but when I finally got them it was a huge leap in my team power.
    The best thing about mods is that you can swap them - those speed arrows helped me in credit heist and getting 7* Palp with low gear, so it was a good investment (again, from my experience).

• uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Mods are important, but I would caution against buying them. credits are something that (if you are playing right) will always be in short supply. I found it is best to refresh cantina energy 3x per day, 1 one of hte refreshes used to sim mod challenges. Trust me, you will build up a good set soon enough.
    For mods the main primary attribute you want to look for for hte arrow mod is speed, which is also the main secondary attribute you want to look for in all other mods. speed wins arena battles. I consistently beat teams that have 10k power on mine simply because my character are faster.
    Another bit of helpful advice is to join a good guild. a good guild will help you out with gear and will make guild funds and guild event funds more readily available, which will free up your battles for shard farming. if you are looking for a good guild then message me and I can see if you meet the minimum requirements for mine.